Author Topic: ALKaboom's DSL Showcase  (Read 1126 times)

Offline ALKaboom01

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I am a person that does things.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
ALKaboom's DSL Showcase
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »
I've been playing RA2 for the past three years, I've been a member of the forum for just over a year now and I regularly browsed the forum before then. I've never done a showcase though. That's mainly because I don't know what I'm doing and have only just started to make consistently decent bots (Yay). I've probably made tonnes of bots in the past but they were either crap and/or on an old hard drive or copy of the game. So, without further ado, here are my currently least s*** bots:

Slammer: A horizontal spinner with a really powerful drive. Makes up for slight lack of weapon power in speed.

Slammy: Mini Slammer. A lot slower but the weapon is better relevant to its weight.

Smash Box: Spinner killing powerful flipper. Two ram plates at front to protect chassis.

Nuclear Meltdown 2: Ridiculously powerful front-hinged flipper.

Mini Meltdown 2: Mini version of Nuclear Meltdown. Flipper at too much of an angle and not powerful enough to be effective.

Randolot: Vertical spinner. The weapon isn't very powerful but it has a lot of armour and can get repeated hits to kill an opponent.

The Hammer: Tried to make a Thawackbot but the motors aren't powerful enough. It's got sawblades on its wheels though.

Wakker: Hammer bot attempt. Hammer is a bit underpowered but the armour is Steel 10.

Metal Madness: Ram bot attempt. Very quick but damage is minimal.

Ginormica: Massive powerful weapon. Pitiful drive (Big wheels help with speed a bit and look stupid). Designed to kill Grog the Warrior.

Slamberrie Evo: The first Slamberrie turned fourth version. Originally a bar spinner then a hammer spinner then it's drive motors were upgraded and a useless front wedge was removed and a pole to help self right was added. It's very powerful though and one of if not my best robot(s).

Slamberrie Three: More maneuverable but has a less powerful weapon than the first/fourth version. Would be better if when I turned the front or back didn't lift off the ground and i could get under the opponent.

Imgur Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/vUwwA
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:18:50 PM by ALKaboom01 »

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ALKaboom's DSL Showcase
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 06:45:03 PM »
Hey, use the:
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]tag to embed your bot pictures, it's best to do the descriptions and all here.

Bots look good for a beginner level, take a look at the other showcases to see how others build their bots and to get new ideas, also try out the skinning option and different chassis shapes(still try to not waste weight) to add more visual look to your bots.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline ALKaboom01

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I am a person that does things.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: ALKaboom's DSL Showcase
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:12:04 PM »
Hey, use the:
Code: [Select]
[img][/img]tag to embed your bot pictures, it's best to do the descriptions and all here.

Bots look good for a beginner level, take a look at the other showcases to see how others build their bots and to get new ideas, also try out the skinning option and different chassis shapes(still try to not waste weight) to add more visual look to your bots.

I will start skinning them. I used the basic RA2 editor and was lazy and stopped. Put the gallery in my post as well.