Author Topic: Status Report  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • *insert dank memes here*
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Status Report
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 01:13:20 AM »
ok so for anyone who hasn't seen the steam dev message board recently jzoss posted

"Hey everyone. I'm really sorry for the radio silence. I wish I had more news to share. All I can tell you is that there are plans for more updates, but they simply aren't coming as fast as anyone would like. Please believe me that we are doing what we can to get the game updated. I know you are frustrated. We are too. This is not the launch that any of us wanted, but we at Octopus Tree are doing everything we can to make improvements. I know it may not seem like it, but RA3 and the RA community has not been forgotten."

so hopefully he is a man of his word and eventually RA3 will exceed its predecessor however taking into account how its gone belly up so far we can only hope they get it right this time
That guy that listens to your opinion about how to improve his bot but half the time doesn't change anything anyway.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 04:38:34 AM »
Amazed we've actually heard anything.
Come on guys. Do something good and do us proud. Please.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 08:42:59 AM »
I find it hard to believe, after all they decided to launch this game at that state and knew well how it was.
Any non profit orientated developer(do those even exist?) would've seen how launching it in this state would be bad.
Even if they launched in in Early Access, knowing it's far from finished, they could've been honest instead of saying "everything but the online multiplayer works" and I honestly feel that they're just agreeing with the community at this point to still keep them interested/get people to buy the game/not refund it.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline Herpaderp64

• AOD Replica's FTW
  • Beetleweight
  • *insert dank memes here*
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »
seriously i wasn't expecting any replies but if you could spread this around so more people know that would be great as jzoss and octopus tree are not the devs but they are the publishers Gabriel is the one we should be having a go at maybe if they notice enough people still want this game to succeed they will continue working on it/work on it a lot faster.
That guy that listens to your opinion about how to improve his bot but half the time doesn't change anything anyway.

Offline Scorpio

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 09:52:21 PM »
While this isn't "HEY GUYZE WE FIXED EVERYTHING WHILE WE WE GONE SORRY 4 SILENCE.", this announcement does at least give me hope. I think I can start messing around in RA3 again.

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2016, 11:45:10 PM »
Zoss has been the only person to say anything since the full release update in June. That's 2 full months of people throwing Gabriel Interactive under the bus with the only response being from an external PR agent every few weeks or so. I can't fault him but frankly at this point I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline TDS

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 09:50:00 PM »
Sure seems to me like gabriel released the bare minimum product promised by contract, cut and ran