Author Topic: Special Components  (Read 5334 times)

Special Components
« on: July 24, 2005, 07:22:13 AM »
Camera Component: -POWER-
attach onto anywhere you want to view from.
only triggered by 'button' switch as to change the default view to the fixed camera component view. Press again to go back. (or just hold the button down to view than just tap it.)  I figured the 'on/off' and 'joystick' switch would cause problems if the bot had more than one camera components.

Belt & Axle Component: -EXTENDER-
a axle at the end of the belt (with choice of varies belt lenght). The axle act out as the joint for the wheel, but the other end of the belt act as attachment to a motor.
I'm not sure how far your guys can program with... but have it reading the speed from the motor drive than just an actual attachment (cause the belt might spin around like a rod)

It might need a special wheel which you'd call it "beltwheel" in order to make the attachment to the belt.
(Motor)-(Beltwheel)-(Belt with Axle on other end)-(Wheel)

Motorbelt Component Pack: -MOTOR-
If "Belt & Axle" idea doesn't work... then why not more different kind of choices (like the perm motor) but somewhat customizable. More than one belts on one motor, etc. etc.

Powered Magnet Component: -WEAPON-
Only triggered by 'on/off' switch. The propose of this magnet was meant to 'GRAB' your opponent, so you can drag`em around.
HOWEVER! It can't not grab onto the opponent's armor if it was made of non-iron material. It only can grab onto Steel and Titanium armor.

Cloak Drive Component: -POWER-
Attach this device and your bot go invisiable to human's eyes... but the catch is, it won't fool the computer-player. You won't able to see it either, but can work when youre against another human-player. It might be a lame idea, but sound fun.

Direct Bomb Component: -MOTOR or WEAPON-
Only triggered by 'button' switch. Almost as a cannon, a bomb that explode in one direction (Not as shooting, more of a burst).  Like Servo Burst, but much more powerful with both reaction knock back... only can be used once.

Chainsaw Component: -MOTOR or WEAPON-
I dunno if this is possible yet.

TankTread Component: -MOTOR or WHEEL-
Similar programing with the chainsaw...

Eletro-Shock Component: -POWER-
Only triggered by 'on/off' or 'button' switch. A device that give shock to cause damage to the opponent as they are upon contact with your bot. However, your bot will damaged from it too.

RC backup-chip Component: -POWER-
I dunno if this is possible yet.
A backup will come active when your prime RC chip get destoryed.
However, it's bigger, due its own protection (indestructable).
(To beat a bot with backup-chip... pop their wheels out.)

Hydraulic Tank & System Component: -POWER-
Works for all servos that you don't lose pressure at all, but big and heavy.
(Other words for programmer... it's just a unlimited Co2 tank)

Doubleside Axle Wheel Component: -WHEEL-
Works as a wheel, but you can put another wheel on a wheel.

Servo Motor Component: -MOTOR-
Not a burst... not a slider, but as a powerful slow moving motor.
No battery needed.

Well...  that's all for now.  I might think some more later if battlefield with bots give me more to think about.

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
  • DSL2's UI/Logo Artist. Better known as: Nacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Special Components
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 07:28:05 AM »
DOH!
Well this topic is from me.

I forgot to log in first.

:roll:  :roll:
Where did I go?   Everywhere else. There's a world out there.

Offline Firebeetle

• Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Special Components
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 03:40:57 PM »
All of them are impossible to make except these, though the servo motor already exists. I don't understand what the Doubleside Axle Wheel Component would be.
Quote from: Vincent

Hydraulic Tank & System Component: -POWER-
Works for all servos that you don't lose pressure at all, but big and heavy.
(Other words for programmer... it's just a unlimited Co2 tank)

Doubleside Axle Wheel Component: -WHEEL-
Works as a wheel, but you can put another wheel on a wheel.

Servo Motor Component: -MOTOR-
Not a burst... not a slider, but as a powerful slow moving motor.
No battery needed.

Well, um, technically I think you could make special .py files to make the impossible components, but all of the game's .py files for component programming are compressed into the exe, so we can't look at them and make more component types. At least I think the component programming is in .py files. Maybe Darkrat could somehow extract them from the exe... I know he has the tools to browse through the exe.
Creeping in the doorway, lurking in the corners.

Special Components
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 12:18:02 AM »
Hi, it's MantaMan from AU and RFSHQ. The author of the thread had a good point with the camera. Anyone up for a slam-cam? And the chainsaw is already done

Special Components
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 12:20:41 AM »
Sorry about the Double-Post, but will the discs in DSL 2.0 have attachment points to make face spinners again?

idontknow

camera
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
The camera component would be possible [/i]IF you did a special
camera view.....
[/b]

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 09:25:32 PM »
Quote from: MantaMan
The author (Vincent) of the thread had a good point with the camera. Anyone up for a slam-cam? And the chainsaw is already done

The chainsaw has been done!?
The Sawblade can be used as a wheel... but I wonder if chainsaw can do the same?

If it can... the programming method for tank threads should be very similar to the chainsaw without the damage properity.

and yes.. camera component would be awesome.... even more awesome if you can attach it to a motor, thus a spinning ACTION! Muahahhah!

Anyways... where can I get the tools to work with the python program?
I had experience with a lot of web-related scripting, I figured I might able get a hack at it.

PS: oh I know the servo motor was already there... but I ment one that doesn't need battery, only Air/Co2 pressure tanks... Unless youre talking about the Crusher Servo Motor?  I dunno, I'm not sure... I haven't get ahold of it.

tygron07

Special Components
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 12:08:27 PM »
It isn't in the python crap... anyway the treads have been done... all the tread and chainsaw are is (for treads) a base plate with flat enough motors... and special wheeles... (chain saw) a object that looks like a saw casing... 2 "chain" pieces... and a blade...

Offline Firebeetle

• Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 04:14:29 PM »
You use Notepad to edit python files. You probably could make real tank treads and other stuff if you could dig out the raw programming of the component types from the exe, looking at them, and making a new one for tank treads. But once again, all that stuff is in the exe, and debuggers/decompiler things that would work on the exe have a high price tag. The only person I know with that kind of software is Darkrat.
Don't get your hopes up for that kind of stuff, I don't think it's going to happen.

Slam cams for you bot. I now think that they might be possible...info about that coming later after I get PyRA2 working* and try making the cameras...
*may take several days
Creeping in the doorway, lurking in the corners.

Offline Tygron007

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • www.freewebs.com/tygron
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 05:57:04 PM »
well the only thing close is a moving picture trick like they do for RA1... Metal Arms Glitch in the system, varrious others...

I hope you can make slam cams... all we need now is robotica robots and arenas  :P if it works... but we still need the robotica stuff lol

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 11:16:08 PM »
Heh, yeah it won't easy to mess with. I only ask about the tool before I go wasting my time looking for one, but meh... go figure.  :lol:

The thing is, I'd like have it customizable in the game than having to edit it on the outside. Thus, having something for the DSL v2 pack.

If I give up, I'll go make some sexy battle arenas.  :twisted:

Quick Edit: Anyone need concept/graphic artist?

Offline Tygron007

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 07:55:51 AM »
Ok 3ds max 4 or 5 works for making parts... but unless you want to spend more than 1 grand for it you should just make requests and hope they are made... :(

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 06:44:58 PM »
Lol, that's not a problem, cause I already own 3DS Max Studio 4 (and Lightwave 3D as well).

I did some researching and found most useful site for the tools and tutorials.
Dummy's Robot Arena 2 Development Page

The only problem I ran into was the GMF export maxscript plugin.  :evil:

I guess what I can really do at this moment... is make some arena & part models without its GMF script.

...I dibs on the slam-camera models design! ...unless anyone got that scripting to work?

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 07:34:43 PM »
You can get the gmf exporter plugin from here:

http://www.robotarena.com/exporter/index.htm

Good luck making custom stuff.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

MantaMan

Special Components
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 10:30:47 PM »
My part ideas:
More Powerful Burst Motors-I've noticed that single burst motors just don't cut it.
Lighter Servo Motor
More Arenas- Why werent there any new TableTop and KOTH Arenas?
In Game Music- Use recreations of BattleBots music or something.

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 05:28:26 AM »
Ah! thanks for the link, it seem to be working now... but still confusing. I'll figure out later...

I could make a remix of Battlebot and what not... but I wonder if it won't be any copyright issue?

Offline Tygron007

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:43 AM »
well it depends... we have a battlebots music track... in the AU BB AI pack 1.1... or 1.0... anyway... I have found that in game music is easy... talk to AW or anyone on the AU BB AI crew... they will tell how to get in game music to work... good luck with new parts and stuff! oh and manta man... just change stuff in the burst files... to like 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 or some thing...  :wink:

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 10:45:23 PM »
Dude, I dunno about your computer, but putting in 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 tend to crash/freeze up my computer. It seem to be safe at 5000. So test it by changing the number (depend thereby how much weight it deals), so your bot doesn't act all freaky or just crash your computer.

Offline Avenger

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Super Burst Motors
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 12:00:52 AM »
I've made quite a few super burst motors, but the ultimate one that is the most powerful that wo't make your bot go crazy, is the "GS Burst Motor." Or that AU one lol. But if you want to make your own, try around the range of 150-250... I think... And I used a Snapper II burst motor, so it weighs 12 kgs... If I increase the weight, can I increase the power and make it so it doesn't go wacko? So like, triple weight=triple power?

Offline Death

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Special Components
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 09:38:54 PM »
there is a chain saw on rfshq