Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 1181 times)

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Two questions
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:28:26 PM »
If one wanted to put a robot or two that was "probably" made by the person who made the entire mod, and take those few robots and put them into another mod what would one need to do? I'm sure there are components and such. Is there a way to read a readme or something to see everything is uses?

Also can one AI a the same kind of robot? I've modified some of them and wanted to AI them.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Two questions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
it would help a lot if you were more specific on which exact robots you were referring to. If the bots in question have parts that are in that mod but not in the one you are moving them do, the game will crash. You will have to move over the components to keep it from crashing. That said, generally consolidating parts from different mods will create an unbalanced mess and some robots will be way more powerful than others. But this may not matter to you.

The AI question also depends which specific bots you are using.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »
it would help a lot if you were more specific on which exact robots you were referring to. If the bots in question have parts that are in that mod but not in the one you are moving them do, the game will crash. You will have to move over the components to keep it from crashing. That said, generally consolidating parts from different mods will create an unbalanced mess and some robots will be way more powerful than others. But this may not matter to you.

The AI question also depends which specific bots you are using.

The two I'm wanting are toro and diesector. The mod they are in has a smaller amount of battlebots. I wanted to put them into one of the bigger battlebots mods.

I wanted to AI diesector.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »
we need to know the mods though. the components are generally unique to the mod and the components are what will mess up transferring bots. The components don't transfer over automatically when you copy a bot to a new mod. If you move a bot into a mod that doesn't have the components the bot is built with, the game will crash.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier