Author Topic: Robot Arena 1 add ons  (Read 2790 times)

Offline ReeceIW

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Robot Arena 1 add ons
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »
Hi everyone, does anyone know if there are any add-ons for the RA1 program? and which one would be the best available. 

Offline IceCreamRulez

• Antweight
  • That guy who isn't very good at modding
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robot Arena 1 add ons
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 04:04:58 PM »
I don't think there is. That game was never as popular as RA2 so it's highly unlikely that people would have done anything interesting with it.

Offline ReeceIW

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 04:37:51 PM »
I can totally understand that, I know there are patches for the first one, however I don't think they are considered add-ons.

Offline Tygron

• Antweight
  • O.o
    • tygron117
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:02:30 AM »
It's been a while but the most I remember seeing was someone made a tweak that made a few of the hidden items available. There's this forklift weapon that was never used cause the physics of the game don't allow it to work. And they never coded a way for it to work or something. There's a couple other components that are hidden I think but none of them really work or are worth trying to get ingame. I don't remember the tweak or if it's still around somewhere, but it's really not all that worth it tbh. I think the most I ever saw was a load of skins that are probably lost to the depths of time.

Offline RFS

• Rep: 9
  • Ghost Raptor's #1 Fan
    • http://goo.gl/iwd1VI
    • gatorbox
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Update
    • Awards
  • Discord: gatorbox
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »
As far as I know the only add-on for RA1 is the official patch which adds the Chainsaw. While running the game with the patch I believe entering your robot's name as "cheatbot" and pressing the Enter key will also unlock the Switchblade weapon and Notorious B.O.T. tires for you to use. The Switchblade doesn't have a Bot Lab graphic, and the new tires re-use the mini rubber wheel graphic I think.

It's been a while but the most I remember seeing was someone made a tweak that made a few of the hidden items available. There's this forklift weapon that was never used cause the physics of the game don't allow it to work. And they never coded a way for it to work or something. There's a couple other components that are hidden I think but none of them really work or are worth trying to get ingame. I don't remember the tweak or if it's still around somewhere, but it's really not all that worth it tbh. I think the most I ever saw was a load of skins that are probably lost to the depths of time.

I want to say that was AW from AceUplink that tweaked the hidden items (Forklift, Wood armor, etc). But none of them work because there is no code for them, only menu graphics. The forklift is the only one with an in-game render and attachment points, but since the game has basically no physics the forklift doesn't do anything.
The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Offline Tygron

• Antweight
  • O.o
    • tygron117
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:04:21 PM »
I want to say that was AW from AceUplink that tweaked the hidden items (Forklift, Wood armor, etc). But none of them work because there is no code for them, only menu graphics. The forklift is the only one with an in-game render and attachment points, but since the game has basically no physics the forklift doesn't do anything.
Sounds pretty correct lol. I think I was able to download it at one point but couldn't get it working. I don't know if I still have it somewhere though. (Actually it might have just been instructions to modify some text files now that I think of it) But that information is either burried somewhere in my archived files or on this harddrive I have kicking around that might still have all my good RA2 stuff on it if I ever get around to getting some cables to plug it in with. That's if the drive still works or a reformat that might have happened (can't remember) eventually wrote over those sectors. I'd already have to dive in with recovery software.

Offline J

• I don’t give a dimmadamn
  • Rep: 4
  • I sexually identify as a tall hat
    • I don’t care
    • I don’t care
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I don’t care
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 12:23:08 AM »
Well... Not exactly mods, like the kind you could download, but I used to fool around with some of the game's files and the best I could do was reskin stuff to look weird and play around with a weird AI system.

And that's about it.