Robot Arena > Discussion

Robot Arena 1 add ons

(1/2) > >>

ReeceIW:
Hi everyone, does anyone know if there are any add-ons for the RA1 program? and which one would be the best available. 

IceCreamRulez:
I don't think there is. That game was never as popular as RA2 so it's highly unlikely that people would have done anything interesting with it.

ReeceIW:
I can totally understand that, I know there are patches for the first one, however I don't think they are considered add-ons.

Tygron:
It's been a while but the most I remember seeing was someone made a tweak that made a few of the hidden items available. There's this forklift weapon that was never used cause the physics of the game don't allow it to work. And they never coded a way for it to work or something. There's a couple other components that are hidden I think but none of them really work or are worth trying to get ingame. I don't remember the tweak or if it's still around somewhere, but it's really not all that worth it tbh. I think the most I ever saw was a load of skins that are probably lost to the depths of time.

RFS:
As far as I know the only add-on for RA1 is the official patch which adds the Chainsaw. While running the game with the patch I believe entering your robot's name as "cheatbot" and pressing the Enter key will also unlock the Switchblade weapon and Notorious B.O.T. tires for you to use. The Switchblade doesn't have a Bot Lab graphic, and the new tires re-use the mini rubber wheel graphic I think.

--- Quote from: Tygron on September 26, 2017, 09:02:30 AM ---It's been a while but the most I remember seeing was someone made a tweak that made a few of the hidden items available. There's this forklift weapon that was never used cause the physics of the game don't allow it to work. And they never coded a way for it to work or something. There's a couple other components that are hidden I think but none of them really work or are worth trying to get ingame. I don't remember the tweak or if it's still around somewhere, but it's really not all that worth it tbh. I think the most I ever saw was a load of skins that are probably lost to the depths of time.

--- End quote ---

I want to say that was AW from AceUplink that tweaked the hidden items (Forklift, Wood armor, etc). But none of them work because there is no code for them, only menu graphics. The forklift is the only one with an in-game render and attachment points, but since the game has basically no physics the forklift doesn't do anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version