Author Topic: Robogames 2 - Discussion  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
Robogames 2 - Discussion
« on: April 07, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
Hi all. Recently, thanks to Billy, we've been in discussion about the future of Robogames 2.

With Billy uploading the Antweight & Beetleweight Division and Bild looking to continue the SHW division, we've decided it best have Billy continue those divisions. However, with the other weightclass we're looking into restarting them from the signups stage. We're thinking about doing this for various reasons, the two main reasons, being it's such a mess at this point that restarting the event would be cleaner than picking up the pieces of it. On top of this the time between now & then I think people much prefer there current bots.

In regards to members who are no longer active that had entered RG2, we'll be keeping those bots in out of respect for them.

A few members in this discussion have offered to host divisions, these being.
TheOrcCorp - HW
Bildschirm - CW
Myself - MW
Billy - LW

However, if anyone wants to assist or possibly a backup host just in case. Feel free to ask. Whilst this is not set in stone, this is where we're looking to go.

In summary, Billy will continue to host the Antweight & Beetleweight Division, then the reboot of other weightclasses will happen during the summer-ish. Any questions or thoughts on the matter? I'd love to hear.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:01:52 AM by Hoppin »
Things I did & done

Offline Bildschirm

• Makes RA2 Arenas from scratch and some Tournaments.
  • Rep: 6
  • Has a Fetish for Vertical Spinners
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robogames 2 - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:56:09 AM »
SHW?
I said that i make SHW too hm? :>
I have a showcase! :3
Also some moments... xD

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 10:20:46 AM »
inb4 Badnik mysteriously gets bad matchups in every round of the HW series /s

If you're rehosting it with new signups, why not rename the tournament and make it another official GTM tournament like GTMCS, considering the scale and that it's not effectively a community run tournament?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:59:48 AM by Badger »
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 10:52:42 AM »

If you're rehosting it with new signups, why not rename the tournament and make it another official GTM tournament like GTMCS, considering the scale and that it's not effectively a community run tournament.
Hey man I got crap matchups in OW and I didn't even have to piss anyone off to get them (that I know of at least)  heck

Not sure forcing people to use their old ass RG2 bots in a "new" official tournament is really a good idea. I know that personally I feel I've progressed a lot as a builder since I made my RG2 bots, and I'm sure others have too, and IDK if I'd want my RG2 bots representing me in an official tournament now. At least if it keeps the Robogames name people will be aware that the bots seen in it aren't a current representation of the abilities of the builders who made them
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »

If you're rehosting it with new signups, why not rename the tournament and make it another official GTM tournament like GTMCS, considering the scale and that it's not effectively a community run tournament.
Hey man I got crap matchups in OW and I didn't even have to piss anyone off to get them (that I know of at least)  heck

Not sure forcing people to use their old ass RG2 bots in a "new" official tournament is really a good idea. I know that personally I feel I've progressed a lot as a builder since I made my RG2 bots, and I'm sure others have too, and IDK if I'd want my RG2 bots representing me in an official tournament now. At least if it keeps the Robogames name people will be aware that the bots seen in it aren't a current representation of the abilities of the builders who made them

"With Billy uploading the Antweight & Beetleweight Division. We've decided it best have Billy continue those divisions. However, with the other weightclass we're looking into restarting them from the signups stage."

I agree with your point entirely but it seems like submissions will be reopened so it's basically a new tournament in all but name.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »

"With Billy uploading the Antweight & Beetleweight Division. We've decided it best have Billy continue those divisions. However, with the other weightclass we're looking into restarting them from the signups stage."

I agree with your point entirely but it seems like submissions will be reopened so it's basically a new tournament in all but name.
Oh well in that case yeah I agree with you then. If it's having a new round of signups then it really has no link at all to Robogames.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 11:01:39 AM »
Also Hop, aren't you supposed to be hosting Apex Elite and GTM Open already? I'm not sure putting a 3rd tournament (which could possibly be very large scale) on your plate is the best idea, unless you wrap up one of the previously 2 before signups.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 11:05:38 AM »
Also Hop, aren't you supposed to be hosting Apex Elite and GTM Open already? I'm not sure putting a 3rd tournament (which could possibly be very large scale) on your plate is the best idea, unless you wrap up one of the previously 2 before signups.
I believe the idea is that RGS2 won't be happening till late 2019 from the talks I was in earlier so I'm hopefully sure he'll have those done by then!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
If yall want i can do SHW's ofc that would mean effort, but hey, ill have time

Offline Nightraven Shade

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 11:59:24 AM »
if it allows for better bots and the newer people to join im all for it being restarted from signups, it also means theres another big event in GTM but only if people will have the time to host it on top of other events and real life.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 01:15:11 PM »

Fully aware, this should slot in at the end of Apex, assuming it pans out correctly
Things I did & done

Offline Bildschirm

• Makes RA2 Arenas from scratch and some Tournaments.
  • Rep: 6
  • Has a Fetish for Vertical Spinners
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 01:16:25 PM »
Reeeee i do that xD
I just dont know why hoppin likes my comment but doesnt say anything to it (the first comment)
I have a showcase! :3
Also some moments... xD

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 08:47:18 PM »
Honestly, I personally don't like a restart. However, since most people agree on it, then maybe I'm okay with it since it's happening anyway. Though thinking about it, on the other hand, I will be able to enter along with other newbies.

Also, for the old unfinished RGS2 divisions from LW-HW, just wondering because a bit of crazy idea, but can I still record the original LW-HW and rather than pass it off as official RGS2 since it will be rebooted, just brand those as a fun what could have been fights and maybe show the fights only too with song, rather than include the normal between fight matchup pic

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 06:04:01 AM »
Thank you all for voicing you opinions on the matter. I've dropped a message to Doot, hopefully I can get the assets used, should speed things up.

Reeeee i do that xD
I just dont know why hoppin likes my comment but doesnt say anything to it (the first comment)

I went to bed. Fatty

Also, for the old unfinished RGS2 divisions from LW-HW, just wondering because a bit of crazy idea, but can I still record the original LW-HW and rather than pass it off as official RGS2 since it will be rebooted, just brand those as a fun what could have been fights and maybe show the fights only too with song, rather than include the normal between fight matchup pic

Potentially, that sounds like a pretty ok idea if you're up for it. I don't want to overbear you with fights to record, etc
Things I did & done

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 06:27:58 AM »
Thank you all for voicing you opinions on the matter. I've dropped a message to Doot, hopefully I can get the assets used, should speed things up.

Reeeee i do that xD

I went to bed. Fatty

Potentially, that sounds like a pretty ok idea if you're up for it. I don't want to overbear you with fights to record, etc
For the fight to record, I think I can handle it. Plus, I won't put the in between fight cards, only battles and songs, so I think it won't take huge amount of time to record and edit

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 06:31:25 AM »
Reeeee i do that xD

I went to bed. Fatty
Oof going to bed, thats a boomer thing to do

Also apparently no SHW
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:32:15 AM by kix »

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2019, 03:19:25 PM »
L0l at someone giving badnik bad matchups

Offline botbuster

• Razer
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: -19
  • welcome back to robot wars
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 03:40:41 PM »

Oof going to bed, thats a boomer thing to do

Also apparently no SHW
[/quote]

Bild's doing the SHW devision.
RA2 Awards Most Enthusiastic 2023
Tournament Records and Rewards

Offline doot

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 09:20:50 AM »
Huh, never really knew there was stuff finally in the works. Being inactive from the RA2 community does come with a lack of the know-how of what's been goin' on, after all. :V

I'm a little bit confused as to the restart that's happening, but considering I futzed up entirely I guess it's fine to begin again as I'm no longer the mastermind behind this tournament now.