Author Topic: RedAce's Livestreaming Display Tournament Thing (Idea)  (Read 1612 times)

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
RedAce's Livestreaming Display Tournament Thing (Idea)
« on: December 08, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »
To give a bit of backstory on why I hope to do this, is that kill343gs is (possibly) hosting a dedicated RA2 League that might be a livestreaming tournament.  For those unaware, kill has hired three hosts, Sage, yugitom, and myself.  I bet some of you know this already, especially if you are in the GTM Skype chat, but I am planning on doing a small short double elimination tournament to test my livestreaming capabilities in preparation for the real deal.  Before I even attempt such a thing, I would like some input:

- Do you care what game type of tournament it is? (Like Stock, or DSL-S for example)
- Would anyone care to join along and help with some, akin to something like what helloface did with HFT4?
- If I do actually try this out, would any livestreaming experts assist me on the ropes of this? (I have never attempted this and I don't want to look like a fool.)

I appreciate all input you may have, and if you do want to ask any questions to me, please speak up, and I will answer to the best of my ability.  Also, assuming everyone is cool with the commentary idea, then let me know if you would like to join please.  Thanks.

(I also hope this is the right place to put this topic.  I feel display tournaments are for actual tournaments that are ready to go for recording.)

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
Re: RedAce's Livestreaming Display Tournament Thing (Idea)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
I think an ironforge one would work best, as that's what type kill is planning on using in the tournaments.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 01:38:25 PM »
I can help you with setting it up.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »
Yeah let me know if you need a bit or want help.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:50:28 PM »
I think an ironforge one would work best, as that's what type kill is planning on using in the tournaments.
Fair point.  I might need help with finding some bots in that version and metagame since I know there isn't many bots on the exchange, and I kinda want to have a decently sized tournament

I can help you with setting it up.
Thanks.  If you want me to PM you with a setup I have in mind, then let me know on that.

Also, there are some other things to discuss:

First, a good date and time.  I would like to do this on a day where everyone is capable of watching without life plans getting in the way and I want to choose a good time since time zones are annoying.  I'm in the Eastern Standard Time zone, so I would like feedback n what would work for everyone.

Secondly, I also would like a reasonable amount of commentators to help and keep this interesting.  I don't want too little because everyone would get bored and might not make for interesting commentary, but I also don't want too many since it will be a mess to organize.  So a limit in the middle that would be nice, I was thinking 5 or 6 people would be good, but I'd like that to be discussed.  If you do want to be in the call and helping with commentary, then personally contact me on Skype and I'll work it out.

Thanks for consideration.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 06:14:30 PM »
Fair point.  I might need help with finding some bots in that version and metagame since I know there isn't many bots on the exchange, and I kinda want to have a decently sized tournament

You can have Mr. Bones, if you want.

Offline Mould

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 06:36:33 AM »
I've casted before, don't mind commentating if it's not 4am my time (gmt) :>

Offline ecolusian

• care to spare a chromasome for this poor sperglord?
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Keeping TRB in check since 2010
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »
SAME HERE BRUH, id like some more practise with this whole commentating thing.
"Two things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity;and I\'m not sure about the universe" -Albert Einstein
*IF YOU ARE NEUTRAL IN THIS SIG BUSINESS PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG*

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
Alright, I've been thinking it through in my head for a while, and I think I got something in mind, and I need some information in case I miss something.

First off, I've been planning the general tournament entrants to be the BBEANS4 bots.  Why?  Two reasons:
1. I can't find enough Ironforge bots on the exchange to make fill up a bracket large enough to at least last long enough for me to get the feel of livestreaming for the real deal.
2. With these bots, it makes sense as it represents a time where most people were familiar with a meta, but not long enough to break the hell out of it.  I.E. Ironforge.

These two reasons are really, in a nutshell, just to help me prepare and see if I'm right for this hosting job.

I'll post a general list of the rules later, but as of now, it's just typically standard BBEANS rules apply.  The Arena and Match Time will however, be chosen by me.

Lastly, If you want to apply for a comentator and join me along this test, you must contact me on Skype, the name is "redaceofsp4des" FYI, and say something among the lines of "I would like to join" or at least, clear enough to be official, and I'll add you, and everyone else to a Skype chat so I can call everyone willing to do this, and prepare to get this show on the road.

But the time and date has not been chosen yet.  I was thinking around 3 or 4 PM EST, (There's a time zone converter on the internet somewhere) and maybe this or next week on a Friday or Saturday.

So please discuss all of this, and I can work this out.