Author Topic: Ra2 Stock Full body spinner  (Read 1437 times)

Offline FlamesOfIce

Ra2 Stock Full body spinner
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:13:37 AM »
In stock I've seen some examples of robots that can control themselves and spin (like melty brain). An example of a robot made like this is double diamond in Banter Wars. Would someone please mind explaining to me how these are made.

Thanks!

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
Re: Ra2 Stock Full body spinner
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 08:00:27 AM »
In stock I've seen some examples of robots that can control themselves and spin (like melty brain). An example of a robot made like this is double diamond in Banter Wars. Would someone please mind explaining to me how these are made.

Thanks!
Can you explain what is it like? Is it a shell spinner, or just a circular bot with weapons attached outside. Because if it's the latter, I think it's just placing drives, control board, and batteries, before attaching the weapons outside with baseplate anchor and extenders

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcdzsAPjX2Y&t=0s&index=78&list=PLmuNShDeMo9AGT0LR3F3z3XX7mxZYq5bF

Skip to 21:00. Look at the black diamond shaped minibots.  I don't understand how they can spin and move at the same time.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcdzsAPjX2Y&t=0s&index=78&list=PLmuNShDeMo9AGT0LR3F3z3XX7mxZYq5bF

Skip to 21:00. Look at the black diamond shaped minibots.  I don't understand how they can spin and move at the same time.
They used a certain AI to allow it. I think it's called the FBS AI

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 09:58:14 AM »
I know but I'm talking about manual control. How do you even get it to move whilst spinning in the first place?

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 10:01:14 AM »
I know but I'm talking about manual control. How do you even get it to move whilst spinning in the first place?
Add a second pair of motors using a glitch I think
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 11:51:37 AM »
Please may somebody provide me with how to use this glitch?

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »
They're using a type of motion called Meltybrain, where you can use circular movements to move in a linear direction. As far as I know, there's no way to do this manually in RA2, you need to use an AI file like FBS.py. It has nothing to do with glitches or how a bot is made, it's all in the AI.

As for how to make them, you just build a regular SnS (go look up some old DSL-S showcases or download storm shock if you don't know how to build one. To AI them, you just AI the drive like any other bot (Forward, LeftRight drive controls) and let the AI file work everything else out for you.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 11:32:55 PM »
They're using a type of motion called Meltybrain, where you can use circular movements to move in a linear direction. As far as I know, there's no way to do this manually in RA2

In theory, you can do it manually.  Try spinning in place and tapping the "Forward" control intermittently.  With consistent timing, you can get something close to translational movement.

In practice however, the timing is almost impossible to get down correctly.  The AI is far better at that than a human could ever be, and this is more true the faster the bot spins.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings