Author Topic: RA2 Clans  (Read 3319 times)

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RA2 Clans
« on: July 04, 2018, 03:58:27 PM »
Is anyone interested in creating RA2 clans? We could have clan battles or meeting with them
Guess who's back

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Interior crocodile alligator 🤔
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RA2 Clans
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 04:01:53 PM »
Could this be an idea of superbot I actually like :O
Seriously I actually think this is really interesting even if it's a weird concept but it could be interesting. Maybe have  it so it only appears during a certain period of time so it can be like a yearly thing. I dunno maybe I'm the being stupid here
Achievements and tournament placings

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »
What would we do without you superbot
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
There were clans a long time ago

Then everyone realized RA2 had crappy multiplayer.

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • guys terraria 1.4 is out
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »
Could this be an idea of superbot I actually like :O
Seriously I actually think this is really interesting even if it's a weird concept but it could be interesting. Maybe have  it so it only appears during a certain period of time so it can be like a yearly thing. I dunno maybe I'm the being stupid here

Ditto.
the heavy is dead

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »
I'm not too fussed about this idea. If the forums were much larger in terms of user count they were than yes, having the idea of clans can work for tournament wise. But this forum isn't like Xbox live or something on the lines of that, this is just a small forum board that's tucked away from the rest of the internet and setting up clans will just have little purpose for such a small active user count, unless anyone is willing to engage in petty clan warfare against other users. So, if you want to have clans or something, maybe start a tournament that uses a team based format like Light vs Dark or Britbongs vs Amerifats. Instead of making the forums possibly more divided over clan rivalry than anything else.

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 04:50:13 PM »
I'm not too fussed about this idea. If the forums were much larger in terms of user count they were than yes, having the idea of clans can work for tournament wise. But this forum isn't like Xbox live or something on the lines of that, this is just a small forum board that's tucked away from the rest of the internet and setting up clans will just have little purpose for such a small active user count, unless anyone is willing to engage in petty clan warfare against other users. So, if you want to have clans or something, maybe start a tournament that uses a team based format like Light vs Dark or Britbongs vs Amerifats. Instead of making the forums possibly more divided over clan rivalry than anything else.
I don't see the issue. It doesn't have to be 100 people in a clan
Guess who's back

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
You're not seeing the point. Even if this isn't a large scale forum that have over 100 different, active users a day all in one clan. It still feels like it's pointless to start up proper clans for alliances between users, which lead onto nothing more than just large divides between one and other. All because that your in this clan and someone else isn't part of this, unless action is done to keep control.

Unless you do like the idea of starting clan warfare, then how about you read through my previous post and set up a team base tournament like the examples I put down. Your clan idea isn't bad overall, but I do feel about this needing some control before more divides and minor flaming does show up between multiple users.

Offline Asbestosstar

• Most Bizzare of 2017. Also2nd Best new host of 2017
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
    • Asbestosstar Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Asbestosstar.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 05:27:24 PM »
I like this!

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 05:51:31 PM »
You're not seeing the point. Even if this isn't a large scale forum that have over 100 different, active users a day all in one clan. It still feels like it's pointless to start up proper clans for alliances between users, which lead onto nothing more than just large divides between one and other. All because that your in this clan and someone else isn't part of this, unless action is done to keep control.

Unless you do like the idea of starting clan warfare, then how about you read through my previous post and set up a team base tournament like the examples I put down. Your clan idea isn't bad overall, but I do feel about this needing some control before more divides and minor flaming does show up between multiple users.
I think clan battles and competitions are a good thing
Guess who's back

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »

Superbot, let’s do this. Let’s make a poll!
the heavy is dead

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 06:10:36 PM »

What am i making a poll for
Guess who's back

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 06:17:48 PM »

What am i making a poll for

If people want to do clans
the heavy is dead

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 02:59:03 AM »
Return of the Islamic State of GTM? 🤔
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 03:00:32 AM »
VIVA LA STANDARD

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 05:54:02 PM »
Gonna bump this because we need boomers vs zoomers. Gonna tag up your whole street ****tards
Things I did & done

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »
Could this also be for Robot Rumble? Or would this just be exclusively RA2?
Accomplishments:

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 10:12:05 PM »
doing teams was unironically my original idea for gtmcs and everyone thought it was dumb so it never happened

as a side note people, actually join my clash of clans clan its fun and id love to have you

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 12:11:07 AM »
ra2 clan battles could be fun honestly, especially now that we have reliable multiplayer

throwback to 2004 when ra2 clans were unironically a thing

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 12:27:38 AM »
Gonna bump this because we need boomers vs zoomers. Gonna tag up your whole street ****tards
y'know Hoppin, not every clan has to be a toxic meta group, but who am I to mention toxic groups to the creator of Team Hop, Fortnite, Team Apex Loves OW, and BFE - A beginner's guide?

also zoomers are getting thrown in the river
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER