Offline Naryar

• Rep: 22
  • Something something baguette manly justice fist
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ra2
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2019, 06:31:24 AM »
would you prefer everyone posting viva la standard, tournament shilling, and constant shots at irl?

I'm game for the former and latter

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2019, 09:04:59 AM »
would you prefer everyone posting viva la standard, tournament shilling, and constant shots at irl?

I'm game for the former and latter
Will maybe get 2.1 as I like joining tourneys. But I will keep doing IRL for a long time and help keeping it alive

Offline Hoppin

• E-Girl
  • Rep: 9
  • Sket
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2019, 11:34:19 AM »
Man, Ra2 sucks tbh
Things I did & done

Offline kix

• It is i
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 9
  • Josephi mother****ing Krakowski
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »
Aaaand now DSL 2.1 is back babyyy
Reviving a dead meta in a dead version of a dead game is peak of humanity
at least people are building this time

Dont get me wrong, i like it that its alive again, boomers now have something to do besides yelling at zoomers
Hi, Phil Swift here with Flex Tape! The super-strong waterproof tape! That can instantly patch, bond, seal, and repair! Flex tape is no ordinary tape; its triple thick adhesive virtually welds itself to the surface, instantly stopping the toughest leaks. Leaky pipes can cause major damage, but Flex Tape grips on tight and bonds instantly! Plus, Flex Tape’s powerful adhesive is so strong, it even works underwater! Now you can repair leaks in pools and spas in water without draining them! Flex Tape is perfect for marine, campers and RVs! Flex Tape is super strong, and once it's on, it holds on tight! And for emergency auto repair, Flex Tape keeps its grip, even in the toughest conditions! Big storms can cause big damage, but Flex Tape comes super wide, so you can easily patch large holes. To show the power of Flex Tape, I sawed this boat in half! And repaired it with only Flex Tape! Not only does Flex Tape’s powerful adhesive hold the boat together, but it creates a super strong water tight seal, so the inside is completly dry! Yee-doggy! Just cut, peel, stick and seal! Imagine everything you can do with the power of Flex Tape!

Online TheRoboteer

• IRL Purist / Bellend
  • Rep: 10
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »
Aaaand now DSL 2.1 is back babyyy
Reviving a dead meta in a dead version of a dead game is peak of humanity
at least people are building this time

Dont get me wrong, i like it that its alive again, boomers now have something to do besides yelling at zoomers
If this thread's anything to go off that's only gonna get worse  heck
Notable Guffs That I Dun Gone And Did:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Tygron

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • O.o
    • tygron117
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:44 AM »
I stopped playing a while back, I occasionally pick it up again but any knack I had for building anything is long gone. I feel like my interest partially died back when the PC I had most of my stuff on croaked, though I have that things HDD still around and even though we formatted it and used it again I wonder if I can recover some things from it. Won't hurt to try.

But honestly I just got bored building stuff on my own and no one to play with due to dialup internet and no one really playing online. If we ever had the multiplayer figured out i'd love to give that a shot at some point. But I don't really have much interest in building a bot just to let the AI drive it. I'm about playing a game not just building stuff.

Online TheRoboteer

• IRL Purist / Bellend
  • Rep: 10
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2019, 09:55:46 AM »
I stopped playing a while back, I occasionally pick it up again but any knack I had for building anything is long gone. I feel like my interest partially died back when the PC I had most of my stuff on croaked, though I have that things HDD still around and even though we formatted it and used it again I wonder if I can recover some things from it. Won't hurt to try.

But honestly I just got bored building stuff on my own and no one to play with due to dialup internet and no one really playing online. If we ever had the multiplayer figured out i'd love to give that a shot at some point. But I don't really have much interest in building a bot just to let the AI drive it. I'm about playing a game not just building stuff.
The online thing has mostly been solved using Parsec (which basically emulates local multiplayer except over an internet connection), and there have been a few online tournaments, though they haven't got all that much traction here on GTM.
Notable Guffs That I Dun Gone And Did:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Tygron

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • O.o
    • tygron117
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »
I might look into it at some point but i'd also have to get back into building things. I haven't really been a part of anything since like 2009ish or earlier so any of the meta since then is really lost on me. Though to be fair everything I used to make was also made with a ton of custom parts and stuff. But it wasn't just "make the best cheater bot" for me, it was more about making cool stuff with all the cool things lol. Wish I had pictures, some of the stuff I made was pretty ok.