• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
Re: ra2
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2019, 09:04:59 AM »
would you prefer everyone posting viva la standard, tournament shilling, and constant shots at irl?

I'm game for the former and latter
Will maybe get 2.1 as I like joining tourneys. But I will keep doing IRL for a long time and help keeping it alive

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2019, 11:34:19 AM »
Man, Ra2 sucks tbh
Things I did & done

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »
Aaaand now DSL 2.1 is back babyyy
Reviving a dead meta in a dead version of a dead game is peak of humanity
at least people are building this time

would you prefer everyone posting viva la standard, tournament shilling, and constant shots at irl?
Dont get me wrong, i like it that its alive again, boomers now have something to do besides yelling at zoomers

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »
Aaaand now DSL 2.1 is back babyyy
Reviving a dead meta in a dead version of a dead game is peak of humanity
at least people are building this time

Dont get me wrong, i like it that its alive again, boomers now have something to do besides yelling at zoomers
If this thread's anything to go off that's only gonna get worse  heck
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Tygron

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • O.o
    • tygron117
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:44 AM »
I stopped playing a while back, I occasionally pick it up again but any knack I had for building anything is long gone. I feel like my interest partially died back when the PC I had most of my stuff on croaked, though I have that things HDD still around and even though we formatted it and used it again I wonder if I can recover some things from it. Won't hurt to try.

But honestly I just got bored building stuff on my own and no one to play with due to dialup internet and no one really playing online. If we ever had the multiplayer figured out i'd love to give that a shot at some point. But I don't really have much interest in building a bot just to let the AI drive it. I'm about playing a game not just building stuff.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 09:55:46 AM »
I stopped playing a while back, I occasionally pick it up again but any knack I had for building anything is long gone. I feel like my interest partially died back when the PC I had most of my stuff on croaked, though I have that things HDD still around and even though we formatted it and used it again I wonder if I can recover some things from it. Won't hurt to try.

But honestly I just got bored building stuff on my own and no one to play with due to dialup internet and no one really playing online. If we ever had the multiplayer figured out i'd love to give that a shot at some point. But I don't really have much interest in building a bot just to let the AI drive it. I'm about playing a game not just building stuff.
The online thing has mostly been solved using Parsec (which basically emulates local multiplayer except over an internet connection), and there have been a few online tournaments, though they haven't got all that much traction here on GTM.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Tygron

• Antweight
  • O.o
    • tygron117
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »
I might look into it at some point but i'd also have to get back into building things. I haven't really been a part of anything since like 2009ish or earlier so any of the meta since then is really lost on me. Though to be fair everything I used to make was also made with a ton of custom parts and stuff. But it wasn't just "make the best cheater bot" for me, it was more about making cool stuff with all the cool things lol. Wish I had pictures, some of the stuff I made was pretty ok.

Offline Bildschirm

• Makes RA2 Arenas from scratch and some Tournaments.
  • Rep: 6
  • Has a Fetish for Vertical Spinners
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
I played this game for over an year and i still love it! We will see how long that will last but i dont see an end for now. :o
Expecially the new thing i discovered for myself that you can make custom components with a completly different 3d graphic mesh. The best thing on that is is can most likely enter it to tourmanents since i'm not touching the 3D collision model!

Sounds maybe a little bit selfish but i dont think that someone can "perfect" the IRL standards. I mean when you dig deep into the game, you can do so much! Like when you tired of extenders, use plates or when you tired of plats, make an OBJ chassis. :o
I think the game has so much to offer but maybe I'm just overexaggerating xD

Love it and i think 3d mesh changing can make really good bots! :p
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:54:18 AM by Bildschirm »
I have a showcase! :3
Also some moments... xD

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »
Okay,
Sorry to jump off topic, but...
     RA2 is dying.
      This is because Infrogrames has stopped supporting it.
       This makes RA2 crash more often.
If we want to make GTM great again, help me make RA4, because it looks like DSL more than like a new game. This will make Robot Arena live longer.

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2019, 01:13:22 PM »
Okay,
     RA2 is dying.
If we want to make GTM great again, help me make RA4, because it looks like DSL more than like a new game. This will make Robot Arena live longer.
Amazing
Every word of what you just said, was wrong.

Also, I still love playing this game. I've been playing for about 2 years now, including stock and DSL, and I still can't stop making new bots almost daily. I see our little community and am just happy that it's living after over 16 years of RA2. Thank you all for keeping this running for the new players that we still find coming up and making bots.
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2019, 01:21:20 PM »
Option 4
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »
Okay,
     RA2 is dying.
Amazing

Also, I still love playing this game. I've been playing for about 2 years now, including stock and DSL, and I still can't stop making new bots almost daily. I see our little community and am just happy that it's living after over 16 years of RA2. Thank you all for keeping this running for the new players that we still find coming up and making bots.

When was the last time you uploaded a mod or new RA2 game?

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »
Okay,
     RA2 is dying.
Amazing

I've to agree with Superbomb with this one. Just because that Gabriel interactive and Infograms is no longer supporting the game, doesn't mean that Robot Area 2 is fully dead. In fact, GameTechMods is the reason why this game is still alive. Sure we can't stop the game from crashing most of the time, because that's beyond our control since we don't have RA2's source code, but these issues have never stop numerous users from building bots, having a go at modding, and most importantly: having fun. Just saying that RA2 is dying feels like a kick in the backside for what the community of GTM has done throughout the years. If RA2 was dead by the game's launch and had no time to build a fan base, then we would never have all these amazing community tournaments, numerous mods/AI packs and even tools like Sergepatcher.

Yes, you can argue that RA2 does pander to a small fanbase of Robot combat fans instead of reaching out to the mainstream market, but even along these fans who enjoying having so much freedom when building and customising bots, this game will remain in a special place in their hearts. 

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2019, 05:59:03 PM »

Spoken like a true alt account

Subscribe to pewdiepie btw
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 06:01:51 PM by geese »
Things I did & done

Offline moziet

• rat
  • Antweight
  • why does code get a pink name and not me :o(
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: moziet#6338
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2019, 09:48:11 PM »
yeah i like ra2

option 1
jump jump jump jump

Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/dsl-tc-showcases/moz-fails-at-dsl/
Tournaments:

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2019, 08:48:47 AM »
Spoken like a true alt account

The question is...WHO?  :popcorn
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2019, 09:12:36 AM »
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2019, 09:13:24 AM »
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »
Guys,
   You may have an RA2 game that you downloaded long ago, but any RA2 game you download now will (1) fail to extract properly and (2) glitch constantly.

Be lucky if you still have a working game because any person that starts playing RA2 nowadays will witness what I just described.

As I said before, RA2 is dead, and will no longer work unless you have a really, really old RA2 game in your file.

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2019, 10:09:48 AM »
Guys,
   You may have an RA2 game that you downloaded long ago, but any RA2 game you download now will (1) fail to extract properly and (2) glitch constantly.

Be lucky if you still have a working game because any person that starts playing RA2 nowadays will witness what I just described.

As I said before, RA2 is dead, and will no longer work unless you have a really, really old RA2 game in your file.
No not really, just download it from the downloads section. I downloaded a new copy of stock last week and it worked flawlessly
Based