Author Topic: ra2  (Read 4573 times)

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ra2
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »
How does one add bots to teams to make it 6 instead of 3? I have looked at the readmes and see
index 0
Team Aceuplink
"Check out http://www.aceuplink.com/"
AI\teamau2.bmp
Robots: 0 1 2
Robot In Event: -1
true
false
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

In the "robots" section for some other dsl mods there is 0 1 2 3 4 5 and they have 6. But when I try to add the 3 4 5 nothing is any different in the game. The folder labeled as team0 has bots numbered from 0 - 5 but i still can't see the other three. What do I do?

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 10:56:28 AM »
  • Make sure that there are 6 bots in the team folder.
  • Make sure those bots have their bindings added to the Bindings.py file.
  • Make sure none of the 'bot0-5.bot' files aren't capitalised.

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »
I am reading several of these bindings.py files. Some have them sorted by teams and the six robots like this.

# 0 - Red Zone "That's where your bot will be after ten seconds with ours!"
    list.append(("Scout","Flipper",{'nose':math.pi*2,'radius':0.1,'topspeed':100,'throttle':100,'turn':30,'turnspeed':5,'weapons':(8,9)}))
    list.append(("RED ALERT","Poker",{'nose':math.pi*2,'radius':0.1,'topspeed':100,'throttle':130,'turn':60,'turnspeed':5,'weapons':(13,14,16,17,18)}))
    list.append(("Second Sentinel","Flipper",{'nose':math.pi*2,'range':99,'radius':0.1,'topspeed':100,'throttle':130,'turn':60,'turnspeed':5,'weapons':(18,19)}))
    list.append(("T-Minus","Poker",{'nose':math.pi,'radius':0.1,'topspeed':100,'throttle':130,'turn':60,'turnspeed':2.5,'weapons':(25,)}))
    list.append(("Biohazard","Poker",{'nose':math.pi,'radius':0.1,'topspeed':100,'throttle':130,'turn':60,'turnspeed':2.5,'weapons':(4,)}))
    list.append(("Dreadnought","Omni",{'invertible':True,'nose':math.pi,'range':99,'radius':0.1,'topspeed':100,'throttle':80,'turn':25,'turnspeed':1.5,'weapons':(20,)}))

The battlebots uplink version that only has three that I wanted to add 6 to has them just listed like this.

list.append( ("Aftershock", "Pusher", { 'turnspeed' : 1.0, 'invertible': True }) )
    list.append( ("Atomic Wedgie", "DirectionalSpinner", { 'topspeed' : 12.0, 'throttle' : 110.0, 'weapons': (1, 2, 3), 'radius' : 2, 'trigger' : 'Spin', 'range' : 1000000, 'invertible' : True }) )
    list.append( ("Backlash", "DirectionalSpinner", { 'nose' : math.pi, 'topspeed' : 12.0, 'throttle' : 110.0, 'weapons': (1, 2, 3), 'radius' : 2, 'trigger' : 'Spin', 'range' : 1000000, 'turnspeed' : 1, }) )
    list.append( ("Center Punch", "Rammer", { 'invertible': True, 'turnspeed' : .7, 'nose' : math.pi }) )
    list.append( ("CODE: BLACK", "DirectionalSpinner", { 'invertible': True, 'nose': math.pi, 'trigger' : 'twirl', 'topspeed': 12.0, 'turnspeed': 2.0, 'throttle': 110, 'weapons': (4,), 'range' : 1000000 }) )
    list.append( ("Death By Monkeys", "Rammer", { 'turnspeed' : 1.0, 'invertible': True }) )
    list.append( ("Deathstar", "Spinner", { 'topspeed' : 10.0, 'throttle' : 110.0, 'weapons': (10, 13, 15, 17), 'range' : 1000000 }) )
    list.append( ("Diesector", "Chopper", { 'radius': 1.3, 'topspeed' : 12 , 'throttle' : 110 , 'turnspeed' : 1.25, 'weapons': (14, 15, 16, 17), 'trigger' : 'Fire' }) )
    list.append( ("Double Agent", "Rammer", { 'invertible': True, 'turnspeed' : .7 }) )

I don't see anything in the second one about how to get it to recognize the teams. Should I just model after the first one?

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
  • Rep: 7
  • [Insert clever and witty comment here]
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
I believe you need to make some changes to the UI so you can see the other 3 bots.
Bindings just add the AI lines to a list. The organisation is just to make reading easier but as long as the line is somewhere in the file it will work.
Better than GK since 2009.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline Asbestosstar

• Most Bizzare of 2017. Also2nd Best new host of 2017
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
    • Asbestosstar Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Asbestosstar.com
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 11:43:53 AM »
when I AI'ed, i did not do anything to the UI.

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 11:48:11 AM »
when I AI'ed, i did not do anything to the UI.
Yeah, it's a common change that's been about since like 2007. I believe it is included in most modern downloads of the game.
I think the Starcore V2 pack has the specific change required to the selectbot files.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline Dadddjent

• Beetleweight
  • LORDSLUDGE
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: lordsludge
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »
funny lmaooo im messing this the bindings rn
LORDSLUDGE

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »
So i learned that in the teams text file in the AI folder, the section that says "robots" and has number 0 1 2. I was able to add 3 4 5. This simply added more robots. I didn't add anything else. But my question is, what is reading or telling the game which team each robot belongs on? I have two teams with a minion and vladiator with the lifter. I was going to replace one of them and add vlad the impaler because he isn't in any of the teams. How do I do this? Write in his info in the bindings.py? Oddly, when i added the numbers, I never added robots to the bindings.py file. I have no idea what is being read by what. Its confusing.

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »
So i learned that in the teams text file in the AI folder, the section that says "robots" and has number 0 1 2. I was able to add 3 4 5. This simply added more robots. I didn't add anything else. But my question is, what is reading or telling the game which team each robot belongs on? I have two teams with a minion and vladiator with the lifter. I was going to replace one of them and add vlad the impaler because he isn't in any of the teams. How do I do this? Write in his info in the bindings.py? Oddly, when i added the numbers, I never added robots to the bindings.py file. I have no idea what is being read by what. Its confusing.
You have to name the bot file Bot3.bot or whatever and put it in the team folder. Then teams.txt indicates how many of those to look at. The game reads the name of the bot and looks up how to AI it in bindings.py

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »
I didn't mean for the picture to be so blurry. How do I get these formiadable bots into another team? I began doing what you told me and naming the new bots as bot 0-5 and its working. I tried to put these six into it as well because they aren't in it but they crash the game.

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 02:15:42 PM »
How many teams you got? I believe there's a limit and a workaround which I can't remember.

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 06:57:07 PM »
I think there is 19. I was just replacing bots that were doubles. It worked for vlad the impaler along with other bots that I just wanted to add, like grog the vengeful. They all worked. But the 6 in that picture don't seem to work. They aren't on the same team but I don't think that matters. Trying to use one in battle crashes the game.

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 03:46:10 PM »
I think there is 19. I was just replacing bots that were doubles. It worked for vlad the impaler along with other bots that I just wanted to add, like grog the vengeful. They all worked. But the 6 in that picture don't seem to work. They aren't on the same team but I don't think that matters. Trying to use one in battle crashes the game.
I'm going to need more information really. Do they show up in the correct teams? Can you show me where the files are located and your bindings?