Author Topic: Not satsfied with DSL-s flipper motors...  (Read 908 times)

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Not satsfied with DSL-s flipper motors...
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:33:39 AM »
As the title says.. the flippers that are in DSL are just too weak.... you really cant do much with betaburst if you put 50+ kilo flipper on it... i really dont want to modify flipper motors' txt file... all i can do is make a seperate txt of the more powerful flipper motor... speaking of these motors... they are weak... and would be in real life... (i mean.. when i cant even lift M.O.E)

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Not satsfied with DSL-s flipper motors...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:50:02 AM »
The easiest way to make a flipper in DSL is to put three Storm front-hinge burst motors next to each other (four, if you're feeling REALLY crazy) and mount some kind of flipper panel on each of them. 120cm skirts are a good choice for DSL-S, for IRL I like to go with 40x120 armour panels. Wire the burst motors to fire at the same time, put a wedge on the front, and boom, you can throw superheavyweights halfway across the standard tournament arena. They eat up battery like nobody's business, but generally speaking your opponent will be OOTA before it becomes any kind of concern.
My DSL Showcase

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
  • Rep: 7
  • [Insert clever and witty comment here]
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
You're doing something wrong if your burst motors aren't powerful enough. Are you providing enough power? Can you show us an example of the problem?
Better than GK since 2009.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »
Well... tommorow... as i am on a trip to my uncle's.. i packed dsl on my phone..