Author Topic: Need Mods Recommendations  (Read 370 times)

Offline ThermalLance89

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Need Mods Recommendations
« on: November 21, 2022, 08:49:42 AM »
Well, I assume playing vanilla must be quite "useless" at this point and time. I saw many mods and they all seem to expand on it. That said, there is multiple mods in the download sections and I am not sure which ones are the "best" time investment.

(I don't like using the word best because all mods got pros and cons... But, it will do for now.)

I wanted to know, which mod is the most recommended for singleplayer and which mod is the most played multiplayer.

Edit: Also, those I downloaded are the ones in the "Working Game" section of Downloads. I am assuming those are "ready-to-run" packages and it seems to be the case. I just want to point that out in case some of these mods need to be pasted over a vanilla install to work properly.

- DSL-IRL 2.6 / 3.7
- G50
- IronForge 1.2.1
- Robot Wars
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:13:54 AM by ThermalLance89 »

Offline Lilleh__

• Overly ambitious tournament host
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Sakura Sunrise is here
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Lilleh__#0625
Re: Need Mods Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 12:27:36 PM »
DSL is the one usually used for building bots and entering them into tournaments (both AI and pvp), and also has a fair bunch of replicas that can be used in single player (bots you built yourself can also be used in single player as w/ any version of the game).  RW mod has a wealth of reps of real life bots to use for single player, although if you want to use your own bots against them they'll be tough to beat.

Offline ThermalLance89

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Need Mods Recommendations
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 01:16:33 PM »
I installed the "Reborn" AI pack for DSL. Let's say that version of DSL was lacking in opponents on it's own. Probably because I'm supposed to fill the gap or something. :) That pack seems to work so far and give much needed variety to the AI teams.

Good to know I picked the good mod to start with. ^_^

Made my first bot. Not good against everything but I made sure to can somewhat tank damages. I have no idea if that would be legal in any multiplayer matches but it dosen't matter. Made it for solo and since it was my first, I went with simplicity.

https://ibb.co/TPNL8Lk (Screenshot uploaded to ImgBB.)