Author Topic: TVF and FRA  (Read 1558 times)

Offline IceCreamRulez

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • That guy who isn't very good at modding
    • View Profile
    • Awards
TVF and FRA
« on: October 23, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »
So I recently remembered an old Youtube user from around 2007 that used to upload Robot Arena 2 videos. His name was 3908productions and he did a small tournament called TVF where he would do battles online with one of his friends. Not long after around April 2008 he started another series called FRA in which he filmed heats similar to Robot Wars where he would control some of his creations against bots from the DSL pack. I remember he had bots called Cheese Grater 2.1, Lazer Hetey, Skurge and Odd-Looking Maniac. I also remember him making a small movie that was supposed to be a two-parter called Attack of the Pon2n where the titular robot would attack Chaos 2, Hypno-Disc, Storm II and Razer. Unfortunately, none of his projects were ever finished and a couple of years ago, he deleted all of his content. These vids are particularly nostalgic because they were uploaded when YouTube was just starting out and are some of my earliest memories with the website. They were filmed with just a camcorder pointing at the computer screen. Does anyone else remember these videos because I'm making sure they weren't just some fever dream. I really would do anything to watch them again.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: TVF and FRA
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »
this guy used to be on gtm, screen name ice the frosty cat

skurge got entered into RAW but didnt do too well iirc

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: TVF and FRA
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 04:43:55 PM »
I straight up remember the exact same thing you're talking about. Highly nostalgic, but I don't think anyone has them saved.