Author Topic: Is it time to give up on DSL 2.2 for DSL-S play?  (Read 3715 times)

Offline JoeBlo

Re: Is it time to give up on DSL 2.2 for DSL-S play?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 08:06:12 AM »
Speaking of DSL 2.2.1, it would be a good time to include a patch that fixes some general things, like the broken arenas/Freestyle not working at all and possibly some component AP's like Beta Bursts or NPC Rights(or was it Lefts?) by making new components and having the old ones in a cheatbot 2 menu, just like Click did with the hinges?

I agree with the addition of patching the Compressor and Ocean Platform Arenas permanently in the patch but if you are editing components it will outlaw some past robots.

Again, not outside the relm of possibility but if you are editing the actual content id jump to a 2.3 version number just to clarify the differences in the robots.. Then players can have the option of playing 2.2 just like they can play 2.1 standalone if they choose

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 10:50:22 AM »
Speaking of DSL 2.2.1, it would be a good time to include a patch that fixes some general things, like the broken arenas/Freestyle not working at all and possibly some component AP's like Beta Bursts or NPC Rights(or was it Lefts?) by making new components and having the old ones in a cheatbot 2 menu, just like Click did with the hinges?

I agree with the addition of patching the Compressor and Ocean Platform Arenas permanently in the patch but if you are editing components it will outlaw some past robots.

Again, not outside the relm of possibility but if you are editing the actual content id jump to a 2.3 version number just to clarify the differences in the robots.. Then players can have the option of playing 2.2 just like they can play 2.1 standalone if they choose
The components could still be legal(just put into the cheatbot2 menu so people start using the new ones with centered and fixed AP's), but I understand what you mean, could still lead to problems if people just want to use a component like that for a certain AP(althrough I doubt that would really happen with those two). Flamethrowers could also be fixed(the power=0 line is missing, as such they only start firing once you drive). Thing is, I wouldn't think that those are worth a full jump to 2.3, component balance fixes would still be part of the mentioned 2.2.1.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 06:51:37 AM »
If parts end up in cheatbot2 they are no longer legal as most tournaments state "no cheatbot2" Likewise Its very confusing to tell someone you cant use a 2.2 robot in 2.2.1

model numbers are not a big deal to use.. its strictly just to divide/ clarify legal robots.

When the 140cm extender was voted on for legal use in stock we made the jump to 1.4 to clarify the rule change.

But First priority is to get into contact with Clickbeetle in regards to correcting the errors in the components and then we at least have a balanced game.. content changes can come later.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 11:04:24 PM »
if we patch it can we bring back the long axle motors  :dumb) i know they are still there but he removed them from styles dropdown menus but man there are times i would have liked to use them.

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 08:30:54 AM »
if we patch it can we bring back the long axle motors  :dumb) i know they are still there but he removed them from styles dropdown menus but man there are times i would have liked to use them.
Long Axle sounds interesting, also wouldn't mind more uniform sized components but that would probably be better off for a new mod together with DSC's colored extenders and armor plates, maybe some kind of DSL lite which only has the important components and no AI replica stuff?(this all goes into the direction that I originally had in mind for my mod, minus completely restarting)
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0