Author Topic: GTM Contest Subforum improvement idea  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
GTM Contest Subforum improvement idea
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:04:02 AM »
So, I have an idea on how to improve the contest subforum on GTM to make it more fun for users. After seeing F1krazy doing an Inktober, but for bots instead, and calling it Inktober, and then seeing some people doing it, like Sagaris and Superbomb, it inspired me. Orc's first tourney, Orc's Tourney, as well as Primeval's bet for Destruction Evolution 3, where people will be given real life bots to replicate, but allowed to make it original on the same time by giving their own twist, is also an inspiration on my idea, as I like the concept.

So, back to my idea, basically it is adding new contests that involved bot building. As we all know, the contests subforum is only used for BOTM. So, we should add more contests other than BOTM to make people more interested in building. Users will be allowed to start their own contest and set the period when it will run, with a maximum limit of a month, from thread start and entry receiving, to displaying entries and allowing people to vote on it, and then showing who win and giving award to them if the person who runs it want to, like the bot file of the entrants, for example.

Also, before a user can start a contest, it will have a bit similar requirement to tourneys, like users must have time to host it. Contests then must pass through a mod approval first before it can start. When the entry receiving period ends, the user then must make a special voting thread that shows the bots made by users, before showing the winner of the contest after voting period ends. And I also forget, but users can choose what will the contest be like in premise. Will it accommodate any Meta, or just one. And will it have a particular gimmick or not, like being randomly given a real life bot to replicate but giving original twist to it, or to do a bot building prompt. To accommodate the different gimmicks, it will also be allowed to have voting variation. So like Botober contest style for example, will have the builder itself being voted instead of individual bots and their bots displayed on an image hosting site.

And with that, I am going to finish my idea talk. I hope this idea will be considered good and can make contests better. However, you can also help me refine this idea by suggesting something or pointing out whatever flaw I made when typing this.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: GTM Contest Subforum improvement idea
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
users are already allowed to make contests.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »
Where is the rule specified? Because I don't see any other contest than BOTM

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:14:59 PM »
not sure why there needs to be a rule saying you can post a thread, but there's ever single "new botm" FOTEPX hosted, like 4 AW design contests ianh did, RWRA2 bot design contest, and some others.

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »
not sure why there needs to be a rule saying you can post a thread, but there's ever single "new botm" FOTEPX hosted, like 4 AW design contests ianh did, RWRA2 bot design contest, and some others.
Then I now wonder why don't people do new contests other that BOTM right now

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 08:33:54 PM »
Because people are lazy
Guess who's back

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 10:38:30 AM »
Im down for the idea, lets have a "Fastest robot" competition, where we do as much as we can to make our robots as fast as possible (3 types of fastest robot competition: Stock, DSL, Ironforge :thumbup
Based