Author Topic: fall damage in ra2  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
fall damage in ra2
« on: October 04, 2018, 06:27:55 PM »
I kinda wish ra2 had fall damage. when I toss a robot 30ft in the air it makes me a bit sad that it takes -20pts and is totally fine. in real life that thing would be toast.

ra2 does have fall damage. you notice it the most in stock where the components and armors are weaker. it's still ineffective, but i've seen more than 1 pixel on the armor HUD go down when I've tossed bots across the arena before. in DSL or especially ironforge fall damage is a complete non-factor.
GTMCS1 tried to fix this with their arena by having a damaging floor. that made all sorts of other problems.

i've got a fix. nerf the HP of all parts in a mod down by like ten times. i'm serious. fall damage in ra2 is basically a constant coded into the exe, the only other thing to do is reduce the HP and DP all parts by a large factor and then by design fall damage would rise dramatically. it wouldn't affect fights since all parts would still be balanced with each other. if you get DP values and such too low there might be rounding issues and stuff but the main theory is sound.

I doubt any mod will take advantage of this, just thought i'd mention it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:02:04 PM by Reier »
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: fall damage in ra2
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 04:21:09 AM »
Be the change you want to see.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
Re: fall damage in ra2
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 05:56:37 AM »
I mean it's not a bad idea, but I'm not sure that flippers need more of a buff than they already have considering most arenas have OOTA zones. For the few that don't okay then it makes sense, but... Nguieh.

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones