Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bug Report Thread
« on: May 26, 2016, 02:09:59 PM »
I figure this could help Octopus Tree with fixing the bugs, which I assume they're gonna be busy with. Please use the following format:

Bug Name:
Game Version: (Steam > Properties > Local Files > Current Content BuildID)
Reported On: (Date)
Environment: Your computer's hardware specs (if applicable) and operating system
Bug Description:
Steps to Reproduce Bug:
Expected Behavior:
Actual Behavior:

Note that this is for bugs, not for complaints about gameplay or design choices etc.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:48:45 PM by Badger »
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:51:38 PM »
Bug Name: Custom Paint Override
Game Version: 1146851
Reported On: 27th May 2016 (It's 1am)
Environment: Windows 10, ZOTAC Geforce GTX 970
Bug Description: When switching robots in the bot lab and testing them, a robot's skin is replaced by another's and will remain that way until the bot lab is closed without saving. This happens repeatedly until the game is restarted. The robot can be saved in this state and the overriden skin will save too
Steps to Reproduce Bug: I don't know quite yet - but it seems to be based around importing custom decals/skins to the dedicated folder and using them on a bot as it only happened then, hence that's what I'm going with the bug seems to happen regardless of what decals are used.
Expected Behavior: Different robots have their individual skins
Actual Behavior: Different robot's skins get replaced by a single robot's custom decals and decal settings
---
Special note: It seems the skin does not actually overwrite persay - the original bot's skin returns if you go into the Paint Shop and check all of the headings. But it can still happen again in Test mode regardless.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:27:25 AM by RedlineM203 »

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »
Bug Name: Robots freeze once immobilized
Reported On: 5/26/16
Environment: Windows 8.1
Bug Description: In rumbles, when a robot is eliminated (either via count-out or destruction) they freeze and cannot be moved by any of the other robots in the rumble.
Steps to Reproduce Bug: Go into a 4-way match and eliminate one of them.
Expected Behavior: Robot stops moving but should still react to being rammed or moved
Actual Behavior: Robot appears to freeze to the floor and does not react at all

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 07:26:44 AM »
Bug Name: Powered Steering Units not invertible
Reported On: 27th May 2016
Environment: Windows 10
Bug Description: Robots that use powered steering units lose forward/reverse capabilities when upsidedown, despite if the robot is clearly invertible and the wheels are spinning
Steps to Reproduce Bug: Build a low profile robot using steering units and slim wheels (or anything equally as huge). Get the robot to flip over by any means.
Expected Behavior: Robot should be able to drive inverted
Actual Behavior: Robot gets stuck and immobilized, despite the wheels spinning against the floor
---
Special note: Robocraft has this exact same problem too (only difference is you're not really expected to build an invertible wheeled Robocraft bot) and they use Unity WheelColliders. This also co-incides with how PSU bots have a suspension effect even though this shouldn't be the case. To fix this you've gotta give up the WheelColliders for steering units and write your own thing, lads.

Bug Name: Chassis Layer Height adjustments
Bug Description: When adjusting the Bottom Middle or Middle layer height of a 5 layer chassis, the layers above do not adjust height except for the Top layer
Steps to Reproduce Bug: Build a chassis, make it 5 layers. Change the Bottom Middle or Middle layer height.
Expected Behavior: The Top Middle and Middle height should rise and fall in union with changing lower layer heights
Actual Behavior: They don't change at all, potentially creating a convex chassis shape unintentionally when the Top layer sinks below the other layers

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:04:52 AM »
Bug Name: components not deleted when rebuilding chassis from scratch
reported on : 27th may 2016
environment: windows 8.1 (not that it matters)
Bug Description : When building a bot and remaking the chassis from scratch, some components may be left behind.
Steps to reproduce bug: Make chassis and add components to it, then remake a chassis
Expected Behavior : All components should be deleted when remaking a chassis
Actual Behavior : Some components may be left. It happened with a Supervolt for me, some components were deleted but not all

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »
Surprised nobody brought this up:

Bug Name: Music cuts out during gameplay
Bug Description: When the action gets particularly tense (i.e lots of sounds playing at once), the music suddenly mutes until enough of the sounds have ended.
Steps to Reproduce Bug: Plenty of ways - from mashing the drive keys to a 4WD micro motor bot to ramming/shoving robots with a lot of weapons.
Expected Behavior: Music should continue playing regardless of events
Actual Behavior: Music mutes and unmutes depending on the situation and how audio-heavy it is
---
Special notes: Set the audio priority of the music higher if you're going to have it during battles (IMO the arena music loops too quickly and might suit just the introductions more) Can also do some optimising - surely you don't need the spin up and spin down motor sounds (go back to just the RA2 style pitched loop?) ... even if a few sounds do drop it should only really happen in the most dramatic of impacts, not testng a 4 wheel drive bot in the bot lab. And some are always more noticable then others (the music versus 5+ metal crunching noises)

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 07:20:30 AM »
Welp.

Bug Name: Match conditions in botlab
Game Version: 1163008
Reported On: 4th June 2016
Bug Description: In the botlab the chassis deforms from damage as if it was in a match (without the effects) The Top chassis layer is manipulated from it's original setting. After going to test the 'damaged' robot and exiting the match results dialog opens up with just your test robot before quitting out to the botlab. The second time you test the robot in this game state it attempts to do a match introduction in an empty void and softlocks the game
Steps to Reproduce Bug: I have no bloody clue. Was a fresh startup - only thing I can think of is that I quit out of a bot test very quickly (was trying out a burst motor arc) prior to the bug
Expected Behavior: Bot lab should function like the, well, botlab
Actual Behavior: Bug description

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 02:54:40 PM »
Simple one, this.

Bug Name: 3 layer height affected by 5 layer heights
Game Version: 1189211
Reported On: 21th June 2016
Bug Description: It looks like Gabriel have added measures to stop the top layers being dragged lower then the bottom layers for this patch. Only problem is even if you use a 3 layer chassis, you cannot make the height of the middle layer lower then the invisible bottom middle layer, and so on.
Steps to Reproduce Bug: Attempt to lower the chassis in 3 layer mode
Expected Behavior: Chassis should lower as expected
Actual Behavior: Cannot drag the chassis height slider lower then the values of the hidden layers