Author Topic: Arena Ideas - Post 'Em Here!  (Read 82389 times)

Offline SpyGuy

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Arena Ideas - Post 'Em Here!
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:43:41 PM »
Okay, I have a few more ideas for arenas I'd like to see:

On top of a city building (like the tourney arena, city background, and an open elevator shaft hazard pit)

Amusement park - battles in the Fun House, the Bumper cars, on the merry-go-round, etc.

Construction (destruction?) site - make it like the mars arena, but have like a half-completed building, with loose girders that can be pushed, a crane, etc.

Parking garage - we already know that bi-level arenas can be made (Space Station arena and the Obstacle Course arena), so why not do a bi-level parking garage, with ramps leading to the upper/lower levels?  Maybe a couple of cars parked here and there for flipping if you're bored ...

Airport - batttle in the main hanger (the empty arena from the Hammer of Justice/Spammolama would be a good start ..), maybe have a plane inside the hanger, some tools off to one side, refueling truck, etc.  Also maybe a battle out on the tarmac in front of the control tower.

Dockyard - Kinda like the ocean platform, whree robots could push each other off into the water and short them out.

Fireworks factory - make "exploding" stuff (like the computer in the garage), so that things break when you or your opponent run into them.  How fun would it be to topple a pile of boxes on your opponents?

Haunted house - instead of spikes reaching up from the floor, how about SPOOKS?  Spikes could be made into hands that could "grab" your robot, and loose boards that were actually spring-loaded flippers.

Street intersection - built with dual levels, so that bots could drive up onto the "sidewalk" to battle - watch out for the passing cars! (Like the rock in the cave arena).  Oh, and the sewer drain could be a death pit ....

Auto junkyard?  (I already posted this idea a while back, but it fit in with the rest of the ideas...)  Wrecked cars for the "walls", loose parts here and there, perhaps a welding rig like the one in the DSL garage.

Gas station garage floor - Hmm, hydraulic car lifts, toolboxes, welding rig, loose parts, Coke/Pepsi/candy vending machines (like the cabinets) ... Maybe a towtruck could be parked outside, and since we're "outside", what about flamethrowers on the gas nozzles?

Trucking depot receiving floor - I don't know if this would work or not, but perhaps several of the receiving doors could be open, allowing bots to drive right up inside the truck trailers, or off the edge of the loading platforms (death pits).

Offline z1271beta

• Lightweight
    • youtube.com/z1271beta
    • View Profile
    • THAH BLAWG!
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 10:39:32 PM »
you know what'd be fun? a packman level, with Pac man and the ghosts running around, packman randomly moves to diff places and kills anybody to close instantly... and the ghosts will do severe damage!!

and than a arena called "booster to heaven" it is a table top with a circular shape, and on the bottom is a little heck with fire and robots are elimitated on contact to heck. some flames around the edge of the arena would be nice also :D . and the most dangerous hazard a piston-like flipper in the middle that fires robots verticaly in the air to two gigantic spinning drums crushing together and robots are ground to bits on contact.

and then the last thing i can think of is the "chamber of death" the match can go on with only one hazard, all walls are spiked and are closing in, and in 2 minuites your robots will be squashed between the razor-sharp spines pertruding from the wall. Touching any of the spikes will cause severe damage. SO FINISH UR MATCH QUICKLY!
(kinda like those spike traps u see alot in movies and video games)

Offline deadkenndys1105

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:56:41 PM »
I like more relistic arenas myself.  A multi level arena could be made into a cool concept but wouldnt be easy due to camera issuses.  I could design some relistic arenas if you guys wanted them.  I do 3D models but I have wings 3d and I dont think that it will work with RA.  Its a free program made by random people that are modeler for movies and games so it might.

Offline z1271beta

• Lightweight
    • youtube.com/z1271beta
    • View Profile
    • THAH BLAWG!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:12:15 PM »
im pretty sure RA2 only supports 3D's max

but that costs like 800 monies, so im stick'in to ol'e RA2 coordinate modeling.

Offline 6_teen

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arena Ideas - Post 'Em Here!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 06:47:48 PM »
On top of a city building (like the tourney arena, city background, and an open elevator shaft hazard pit) = Robot Rage Arena?
:mrgreen: I have Razer, Hypnodisc, 259, Tornado, Supernova and Vertigo in my Team!  :mrgreen:

Offline SpyGuy

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Arena Ideas - Post 'Em Here!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »
Quote from: 6_teen
On top of a city building (like the tourney arena, city background, and an open elevator shaft hazard pit) = Robot Rage Arena?

Actually, yes.  I had no idea that there was another game that had this as an arena already - it was just something I came up with during a Hot Wheels Crash episode, where one of the stunts is to jump your car across the tops of two buildings.  I thought, how cool would it be to have an arena on top of one of these buildings, open elevator shaft, maybe an open stairwell, driving around the A/C unit and watertank legs, trying to push each other off the building or into the shaft.......?

Offline deadkenndys1105

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 08:30:44 PM »
Quote from: z1271beta

Its made by random people and you can save your files as a .3ds file.  If you or anyone else want to mess around with it you can get it from http://wings3d.com/

Offline z1271beta

• Lightweight
    • youtube.com/z1271beta
    • View Profile
    • THAH BLAWG!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 09:14:27 PM »
OOOooo sounds shiney :D

Offline deadkenndys1105

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 12:10:08 AM »

Only if you texture the right  :wink:

Offline z1271beta

• Lightweight
    • youtube.com/z1271beta
    • View Profile
    • THAH BLAWG!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 05:19:35 PM »
how do u do dat?

Offline SpyGuy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 11:08:50 PM »
Quote from: deadkenndys1105

Only if you texture the right  :wink:

how u do dat?

Easy - chrome it.

Offline z1271beta

• Lightweight
    • youtube.com/z1271beta
    • View Profile
    • THAH BLAWG!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 10:14:09 AM »
ahhhh i see...

my comp laged the firat time i ran it, it still duz but its getting less worse every times

i cant figure out how to use it

my 3ds max trial was easier but it ran out... :(

Offline MikeNCR

• Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 04:30:24 PM »
I may be alone in this, but I think replicas of the robogames, battlebeach and other simmilar current event arenas would be pretty cool(maybe a Las Vegas Street Fight arena too)

Offline SpyGuy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 12:51:39 AM »
Hmmm.... could you see about posting a few pictures of those, Mike?  Someone should be able to build them if they're not too difficult.

Offline z1271beta

• Lightweight
    • youtube.com/z1271beta
    • View Profile
    • THAH BLAWG!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 07:50:31 PM »
Quote from: deadkenndys1105

Its made by random people and you can save your files as a .3ds file.  If you or anyone else want to mess around with it you can get it from http://wings3d.com/

well it can save as .3ds, but i dont know how to transfer the model's coordinates into a GMF do u know any way how to? or at least view the coordinate data. if u tell me aybe i can convert ur wings model into a REAL arena.

Offline Mega_Volt

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 04:08:54 PM »
Cheese arena:

Battle on some giant cheese! The holes in the cheese are slippery and make you slip out onto the "plate of doom" which shreds you, and you are stuck in the "food dome of entrapity".

Donut arena:

Battle on a donut! The donut is chocolate glazed, so you get high traction, and after 3 minutes, a giand head comps on the donut, but the donut does not get bitten off.

House of Horror:

Tons of evil spike balles flying everywhere!

Landslide:

Giant rocks rolling everywhere!

Offline deadkenndys1105

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 04:11:25 PM »
Not a fan of the food arenas.  I wan something that would be a relistic arena.  A multi level arena would be great in my opinion.

Offline Mega_Volt

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »
The food arenas are just fun and should be in the "custom" section.

Offline z1271beta

• Lightweight
    • youtube.com/z1271beta
    • View Profile
    • THAH BLAWG!
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 10:24:01 AM »
mmmm donuts..... *gags on siliva*

Offline Mega_Volt

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 07:07:38 PM »
Pointless arena:

Absoulutly pointless, spinning spirals, bouncing cubes, rolling balls, all pointless.