Author Topic: DSL 2.2 Complete Edition 1.3 - Polling  (Read 1255 times)

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
DSL 2.2 Complete Edition 1.3 - Polling
« on: June 19, 2018, 10:39:39 AM »
Basically, a bunch of polls to decide which direction DSL2.2CE 1.3 should take. IMO, that name's too long, and DSL2.3's a lot quicker, but... You guys voted against that before, so I'm at your behest on that one.

Regardless, here are some polls.

Should flamethrowers receive a buff?

Spurred on by Badger's post about Flamethrower buffs, the conversation over the last two days has been all about if flamethrowers should get buffed. Now, personally, I look at DSL-S the same way Steam looks at CS:GO -
Sure, some guns are gonna be better than others, but ideally, every gun'll have a purpose and a place it excels. The same goes for meta's - each one should be viable in it's own space and time, but what do you guys think? Vote below on what you think of that-

https://www.strawpoll.me/15926537

Should Mr. AS' DSL 2.2 Weapon Rebalance patch be officially implemented?

Quite a lot of builders (including myself) have been using and supporting this Rebalance patch for quite a while, but because of the lack of a DSL 2.3, it's never seen official implementation. The changelog for the balance patch can be read here - https://gametechmods.com/forums/modifications/dsl-2-2-weapon-rebalance - and it's really worth a read, because the changes put a new spin on the meta. Again, it's up to you guys.

A smaller, sub-discussion within this is whether or not the rebalanced Cheatbot2 components should be viable or not, so that's an option in the poll as well. Vote below!

https://www.strawpoll.me/15926564

Any other ideas that anyone has, either regarding these two topics of discussion, or as further changes to the meta, please discuss them below!

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: DSL 2.2 Complete Edition 1.3 - Polling
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:50:05 AM »
Both these patches allow a wider range of components and bot types to be viable. Flamethrowers are completely useless ATM, and the vast vast majority of bots exclusively use typhoon teeth as weapons. Implementing these patches would break that and give builders more options to make aesthetic bots that can still battle. Having these patches as the community standard will lead to better bots, both visually and in combat.

I personally vote for a 4x flamethrower buff (So a large tank won't quite keep a single flamethrower going for 3 minutes) and to implement the rebalance patch without the CB2 components.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 11:07:19 PM »
It has been tried to implement AS's balance patch in the past and it just leads to a myriad of issues. When Avalanche released his DSL pack thing with AS's balance patch included we had a bunch of new members entering tournaments with illegal bots and, on occasion, getting in because they didn't know that they were using a version of the game that makes certain CB2 components available in the base game. It just leads to hosts having to faff about checking every entry up and down to make sure it's not using CB2 components, and new users being confused about why people are turning their bots away.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:11:52 AM by TheRoboteer »
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 02:32:11 AM »
Everything seems fine. Maybe new ai teams made by community?

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 04:22:30 AM »
Perhaps a DSL rebuild of Starcore and Reforge packs bots