Author Topic: 1.4 Patch  (Read 2348 times)

Offline HX_

• Rep: 1
  • What about a flamethrower?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
1.4 Patch
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:23:10 PM »
Who made this piece of sh**?

I decided to install RA2 when I realized that all of you will still be light years ahead with RA3 for the mere fact that you've been thinking about building concepts at all in the last decade.

Anyway, this 1.4 "patch" just dumps the freaking AI component folders into the root RA2 folder, cluttering everything up. We were doing this mod and creating preview pics for them way back in the day, pretty sure RFS might have had something that did it. but we knew how to do it without making a mess and putting folders where they should effing go.
leaving this space blank until RA3 is released.

Offline Serge

• Rep: 13
    • View Profile
    • http://www.q3k.org/
    • Awards
Re: 1.4 Patch
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:28:23 PM »

I decided to install RA2 when I realized that all of you will still be light years ahead with RA3 for the mere fact that you've been thinking about building concepts at all in the last decade.

Anyway, this 1.4 "patch" just dumps the freaking AI component folders into the root RA2 folder, cluttering everything up. We were doing this mod and creating preview pics for them way back in the day, pretty sure RFS might have had something that did it. but we knew how to do it without making a mess and putting folders where they should effing go.

Does it? That sounds pretty shitty, I agree.

I just use the the full game download these days. It comes pre'patch'ed properly.
home | twitter | yt | gmf de/compiler | component freedom | xmpp: q3k@q3k.org | email: q3k@q3k.org

Offline HX_

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:14:32 PM »

I just use the the full game download these days. It comes pre'patch'ed properly.

I noticed that the 1.3 Patch executable is included in this 1.4 full game download. Am I supposed to run that or has it already been and it's just leftover? The Readme file still says 1.2

EDIT: actually just looked at the copy of the game I patched up myself. The readme still says 1.2 even after running the 1.3 patch so that's not a sure sign to go off of.

Offline Serge

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:16:23 PM »

I noticed that the 1.3 Patch executable is included in this 1.4 full game download. Am I supposed to run that or has it already been and it's just leftover? The Readme file still says 1.2

EDIT: actually just looked at the copy of the game I patched up myself. The readme still says 1.2 even after running the 1.3 patch so that's not a sure sign to go off of.

Just run Robot Arena 2.exe and you're all set, ignore the patcher.
home | twitter | yt | gmf de/compiler | component freedom | xmpp: q3k@q3k.org | email: q3k@q3k.org

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 05:29:52 PM »
... my bad. IIRC i threw this together after we found the 140cm square extender and some other stuff.

could have made it cleaner, I agree. Maybe we need a 1.5 patch with Serge's removal of the 7 limit?
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Serge

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »
... my bad. IIRC i threw this together after we found the 140cm square extender and some other stuff.

could have made it cleaner, I agree. Maybe we need a 1.5 patch with Serge's removal of the 7 limit?

I'm generally okay with incorporating the 2.0 (full) version once I release it. I guess we can coordinate this.

Offline HX_

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 06:01:12 PM »

Was just going to suggest this same thing after getting my base game install together.

-Added Bigger MaxSphere
-Added Unlimited Mass Mod
-Added Component Freedom EXE

-Noticed that smartzones are still hidden = 1.  Went to fix this myself. Forgot how to play with makecfl and Lu-Tze's GUI version is paining me because it won't let me select all text files in a folder, I highlight them all, and press add files and still only one file is added. Is there a windows legacy mode I can run this in to resolve or was it always broken and I don't remember?

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 06:23:36 PM »
I don't remember it ever being not tedious when making CFLs and I must have ran that thing on XP, 7 and now 10

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 06:29:29 PM »
Snap. Always seems like it's been like that.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline RFS

• Rep: 9
  • Ghost Raptor's #1 Fan
    • http://goo.gl/iwd1VI
    • gatorbox
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Update
    • Awards
  • Discord: gatorbox
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »
We were doing this mod and creating preview pics for them way back in the day, pretty sure RFS might have had something that did it.

Yep, that was me. :)

how u doin, rekcah?

The download is "Combo AI & SZ" on this page: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?page=page3548

One of these days I intend to carry over my downloads from this page onto the main download thing that GTM uses now. Unfortunately though, this download doesn't seem to have pictures for the AI parts (I remember making them at one point). It also has my name in the description of all the parts because this was back when I had my head up my own ass.  :dumb)
The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 08:01:07 PM »

Hey HX, It was me who made this piece of sh** some 6 years ago :)

I havent installed the patch in said 6 years but I believe all you need to do is move the separate component folders into.. the components folder? (crazy right?)

Then the compiled .cfz folder in the root directory will overwrite the previous stock one and enable the components

The only reason the additional folders are placed in the game is so they may finally have preview images.. (so it is an optional step)

It was the simplest way to have the .rar provide both the patched .cfz and the component folders in one hit.. minimal user input isnt too hard to ask is it?

Here is a link for your convenience if you want to give it another whirl.. https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/RA2_Patch_V14.rar

-Noticed that smartzones are still hidden = 1.  Went to fix this myself. Forgot how to play with makecfl and Lu-Tze's GUI version is paining me because it won't let me select all text files in a folder, I highlight them all, and press add files and still only one file is added. Is there a windows legacy mode I can run this in to resolve or was it always broken and I don't remember?

This isnt without reason too, the original smartzone is rather awful compared to Madiaba's custom set, so id be downloading those too... uh although those will require user input also :)

Happy modding!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:37:10 PM by JoeBlo »