Author Topic: UberPyro's Retooled Showcase  (Read 1965 times)

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
UberPyro's Retooled Showcase
« on: October 06, 2016, 06:28:02 PM »
You may have seen my VS named 2 Big Bars 2 in the splash for the GTMC. This is the big version of it. Really big.
12 Big Bars

Steel 10 armor, 4998.1kg
6 large eagleboxes each with doubled-up stainless bars
Really amusing to use when bored
Unfortunately it moves really slow. It has a large size drive thruster. The warp version makes it move much faster but it chews through air way too fast, even with the 4 large+ tanks
I may rebuild with 16 bars and less armor
Edit: made another version and replaced snowplows with lexan plates and spike stripes to save weight for 2 more medium air tanks
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:04:31 PM by UberPyro »

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Well, here goes.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: UberPyro's Retooled Showcase
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:35:11 AM »
I built a pop-up. I usually avoid these designs because I don't like mainstream stuff, but I was bored so I built one. I haven't come up with a name.

799.0kg, plastic 1

The razors start at the bottom (so its not a true pop-up, whatever). OK it is but most go the other way
It's fast, extremely wedgy, and its ground clearance is extremely small.
Unfortunately, the damage it does is pitiful (usually 600-800 on a good hit) and its also unstable when firing its weapon.
The weapon is two "more chaos" razors each on 30cm of extender and a large snapper1.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:29:40 PM by UberPyro »

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »
I think it looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, I think it'll be deweaponed by anything with underbelly protection.

And popups that fire that way are actually called true popups lol
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Well, here goes.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:39:55 PM »
I know what it looks like shut up
I spend so much time trying to make the chassis an OK shape but then I add the wheels and bad things happen

like seriously its just such a convenient shape for an SnS.
I think the armor is something weak I can't remember. It's terrible in battle, it was just more of a fun bot more than anything else.

Now for the real bot.
Rupt Fire is its name.

For some reason I feel like glitching everything today. So I made a rupt flipper. It launches things. Well.

Since rupting is known to be extremely unstable, it has a grounded hovercraft to fix that problem. It also uses the ultra high powered steering motor, which is almost too fast. Also since it doesn't have other wheels it uses the hovercraft to turn, so the two drive mechanisms synergize well.
I believe the armor is Aluminum 10, which is a little overkill because I didn't have much else to add.

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Well, here goes.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 08:21:05 PM »
I think as the champion of retooled I ought to make bots a little more often... it's been well over a year now.

Have a bot, it's named Aych Ess (because it's an HS... get it)

AE front.png

AE comp.png

It's pretty bad, actually. Once it looses a weapon it's too unstable to be any good. It doesn't mauler, just the chassis spins in place so meh.

I do think Retooled should be played more often though. Even after playing a lot of IF, Retooled feels very well polished and the selection between the different kinds of weapons, motors, and wheels, all intended for different purposes, is nice. There's nothing wrong with the mod if you play with no cheatbot or ban hovercraft, since hovercraft was really the only issue. And it tries to be really balanced with how it removes concussion and gives infinite electotal, etc etc. Well, I guess the number of people that build in the standard (DSL-S) building style is low nowadays anyway.

Offline Wambo

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 07:39:27 PM »
oh god. this is so unstable. Nice bot.