Author Topic: Mr. AS custom showcase  (Read 22895 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: my custom fatcase
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
You appear to have forgotten my bot uses magnets.
how much damage do the magnets do

None, but they press a bot up against a wall, thus causing immobilization or the crushing of the chassis.
what arena is masters of mayhem in anyway and when are signups closing

How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Preytor_4

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • The estranged cousin of Click and FB.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: my custom fatcase
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
Epic Showdown arena, and I have no idea.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mr. AwesumSauce's custom shO_Owcase
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 02:29:15 PM »
i accidentally bfe

oh no
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »
OK, you changed a 3-digit number in the HPZ component entry that should definitely not be changed... unless you're doing it for the lulz.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »
OK, you changed a 3-digit number in the HPZ component entry that should definitely not be changed... unless you're doing it for the lulz.
i was making a (all stock + haxmode bfe etc to make it look more like the real thing) wbc rep and was trying to change the rotation of a hpz but it didnt end too well

i ended up putting a rotated ba there and bfe'ing it to be a hpz

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mr. AS custom showcase
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2015, 12:31:14 AM »
[error]Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 180 days.Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.[/error]
eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think it's cool that I can make a popup that uses goddamn eruption flippers as armor. I always wanted to use replica components on a competitive robot. This thing does like 5000-8000 damage when it fires the spike strips too which is neat, but the descriptions for a bunch of the components gave me jack squat as to what the stats were, so after I built this I decided to head to the components folder, and oh man was I in for a ride.

Yeah, OK, let's see here:

• "Brushless Motor & Gearbox" (the one that I'm using on the bot) is smaller than an NPC, weighs the same, and drives a heavyweight with only 2WD. Yeah.
  • "NTM Brushless Inrunner" motor has more power+torque than a perm 132 from DSL2 and only weighs 10 mass. Yeeeah.
  • Eruption, Flow and Beauty flippers have 35 KG each. Eruption and Flow flippers have 15K hitpoints. Meanwhile Beauty flippers have 90000 HITPOINTS (and 5 piercing damage, lol). That's 6 times the HP and boosted damage for no extra mass.
  • Hypnodisc tooth weighs 15 kg, has 90000 hitpoints (again with this?), and 5 piercing. Just to put that into perspective, that's 3 more kg than the spikestrips used on the robot, over 60(!!) times as much HP, and over 2.5 times as much damage. All for 3 extra kg.
  • See those tiny skirt hinges? They're burst motors fit for heavyweights.
  • You might want to check the HP on some of the AI's component's I had Bonk! or Bash! or whatever that green hammer's name is bash on Hypnodisc's flywheel for literally over two minutes and it didn't fall off.
  • There's a bunch of components in here that were just copypasted from different component packs. I see things in here from DSL 3, dummy pack, clickbeetles component pack, lu-tze's component pack, the default piston and servo from stock (although to be fair stock is pretty much fair game to copy things from) and ironforge (you did reskin the wheels with cool HD skins, good on you guys). You didn't even change the stats on most of these things. You do realize that different component packs weren't balanced to intermingle with each other, right?
  • Those crappy tank treads from lu-tze's component pack are in there when the tank treads from DSL 3 are already in. Not that there's any locking motors for the DSL 3 tank treads to work with (as far as I can see anyway, usually they're labelled pretty clearly).
  • There's a 3kg battery in that puts out 999999 output and has 9999999 energy holy what are you serious right now?
  • Did I mention that that the chassis armor choices are carried over from stock? DSA wins again,  I guess.

I didn't go through absolutely all of the components, but I wanted to highlight these problems in particular.

Keep in mind that these are non-hidden, non-cheatbot parts, so I have reason to worry about the balance of these components. Who even let this happen? I am only completely bitching about making complaints about the balance of the available components. I am not dismissing the tremendous amount of work that went into making the replicas look almost exactly like they do in real life, I think you guys did an excellent job with that aspect. I must say that a good chunk of these arenas are really cool too and I'm glad they finally got made. Oil rig's tune was my jam back in the day. But the bot building aspect of the game (honestly the part that I enjoy the most) is severely unbalanced and I would really appreciate something along the lines of a balance patch or "tournament edition" release when you do the next expansion pack.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2015, 12:41:17 AM »
i didn't think you were really intended to make robots with the parts, just playing with the ones in robot designs folder? i may be wrong
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2015, 03:43:34 AM »
Brushless motors, the speed900, battery.... Welcome to the mod that mimics real life. The idea is that with the new components, we're educating the community with modern robotics. We've actually named them so you can look it up on hobbyking and buy it. My feather runs speed 900's on a tiny 6s lips and goes on forever.

Hit points and damage from flippers... the idea is that you can have a fair fight in terms with points. I can safely say no-one expected someone to use 8 of the twets.

What Reier said as well, the replicas have taken two years to make, the components only a week... let that sink in.
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2015, 09:38:40 AM »
Welcome to the mod that mimics real life
Hypnodisc teeth (i.e. teeth made for spinners) probably shouldn't be so durable if we're talking real life here. Nor should tank treads be gigantic, batteries made for heavyweights probably shouldn't be lighter than batteries made for antweights, ramming into your opponent with a flipper shouldn't do more damage than stabbing them with a spike and be near-invincible. Flipper motors shouldn't be absolutely tiny. You see where I'm going with this, right?

Remember, I'm not complaining just for the sake of complaining, I have the best intentions for your mod and don't want it to just stay as a novelty mod that'll fizzle out and be forgotten (see: alphasim's robot wars mod). Why do you think DSL lasted so long? Because it had a variety of components that weren't as overpowered as the components in this mod.

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2015, 06:15:52 PM »
I don't think you understand the mod. It's not made for people who do the sorts stuff you do.

It's meant for beginners who want to make something simple and IRL that can be competitive with the replicas and the fights can be scored fairly despite weapons or parts falling off, like real life modern combat.

No-one else has complained so far because they get it. And what problems we do have are already being worked on for updates/expansions. But I doubt you'd be interested.  :thumbup
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »
It's meant for beginners who want to make something simple and IRL that can be competitive with the replicas and the fights can be scored fairly despite weapons or parts falling off, like real life modern combat.
Having half the components be completely useless isn't the way to go about that. I doubt anybody is going to use the other 2 flippers or all the cool spinner pieces you made when they find out that 90K HP hypno teeth or damaging 90K HP flipper armor exist.  Kind of like how Hworf blades got outright banned in DSL IRL because people were abusing them too hard.

Offline Bobyasianboy

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 6
  • ****in' magnets, how do they work?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2015, 07:01:57 PM »
I'm not sure beginners are going to be able to do that if there's confusion about which motors to use. They're not going to know that they should only be using the motors that were made for the mod, not the ones from the DSL3 beta that are in there.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 11:53:02 PM »
Brushless motors, the speed900, battery.... Welcome to the mod that mimics real life. The idea is that with the new components, we're educating the community with modern robotics. We've actually named them so you can look it up on hobbyking and buy it. My feather runs speed 900's on a tiny 6s lips and goes on forever.

Hit points and damage from flippers... the idea is that you can have a fair fight in terms with points. I can safely say no-one expected someone to use 8 of the twets.

What Reier said as well, the replicas have taken two years to make, the components only a week... let that sink in.

tl;dr - the mod is for promotional purposes only and was never meant to be the least bit realistic other than for "ERMAGERD RW REPLICAS".

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 09:51:14 PM »
Welp, I found something even more OP than the beauty flipper or the hypno teeth.

That's right, wedges are THE weapon in this game (unless I find a weapon with 69 quintillion hitpoints and 10 concussion and piercing). Like, look at the .txt file for the mini hardox wedge.

Quote from: components/styles/minilittlewedge.txt
name = Mini Hardox Wedge
preview = rwwedges_preview.bmp
dir = rwwedges
model = minilittlewedge.gmf
type = weapons
base = Component
passthru = collision
normal = true 1 1 1  1 1 1
hitpoints = 1000000
concussion = 5
fracture = 70
piercing = 5
styyyyles = Default
description = Small Sprung wedge blade, as used on robots such as Ripper, Titan, Manta & Thor.
damagesounds = sounds\metal_collision_light.wav
decal = single_slash.tga 0 0 1 .5 .5 1
attachsound = sounds\cmp_generic.wav
mass = 5
standard = 1
Sort = 12

5 Concussion and 5 piercing, nothing out of the ordinary from what we've seen so far with the flippers.

But then there's the fact that automatically forms a claw shape when you slap it onto a connection point, which makes it ideal for SnS or just spinners in general. You can use this as a razor tip for pretty much anything. I bet you could make one of those flail rams or wammer+popups that are some of the only bot types that even work in DSL.

Let's not forget about the fact that it has one million hitpoints. As in, 6 zeros. You have to do one million damage to have a chance at knocking a single one of the wedges off. All of this for only 5 measly kilos. The flails it's on weigh 8kg. The only way to defeat it is to hit the hexplates, discs or flails, but the mini wedges do a decent job of protecting the hexplates and flails. Even if you do manage to really tear everything off, the game will probably just crash when you take off the extenders with the battery+control board on it. GG, no re. Maybe if I look hard enough I'll find a 1 million HP disc or extender, lol.

The wedges have "normals" (that thing that makes pole spikes only damage at the tip) but honestly I don't think they even effect this bot, if at all. At least I couldn't tell when it was putting out 2-3K+ damage a hit anyway.

FYI, "Mini welded Wedge" (aka minipumpkinwedge.txt in the styles folder) in the same category of components has the exact same stats if you want a larger alternative. 5 kg and all. Isn't it kind of weird that the smaller, lighter wedges have more hitpoints than the larger, heavier ones? Not very realistic in my honest opinion.

But, you know, this isn't a realistic robot. DSL-S style of building has never really be all that realistic. I don't really "GET" what the mod is about. I'll build one of those IRL-style bots that I guess the mod was made for. Surely that's an uncrackable metagame that I can't abuse to hell.

Nope, I can still abuse 10K+ HP components when building a realistic bot too. I can't even get this robot up to the weight limit. I might try an "IRL" bot that only uses mini welded wedges and beauty flippers to self right, see how that does.

Both have DSA.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 11:52:59 PM »
Of course. Gotta make them wimpy ass flippers competitive.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2015, 01:01:40 AM »
these britbongs are trying to take our spinners!

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2015, 03:28:58 AM »
Wow you've sucked the fun out of this for us fast.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Mystic2000

• Utter Edgelord
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Used to suck at IRL, probably still does.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2015, 07:19:02 AM »
was to be excepted in a mod where component balance simply does not exist, it was clear that it would happen at some point, and fast
Robocraft Username: Bob5768
PSN Username: Bob5768

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2015, 07:51:18 AM »
Because the old RW games were so balanced ;) don't worry guys I'm gonna waste all my time between now and Christmas balancing everything for you to show no appreciation for :L does strike me as amusing that the people abusing this and flaming the components aren't usually IRL builders, lol. It's for fun. Treat it as such. This isn't competitive building.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2015, 09:24:27 AM »
Because the old RW games were so balanced ;) don't worry guys I'm gonna waste all my time between now and Christmas balancing everything for you to show no appreciation for :L does strike me as amusing that the people abusing this and flaming the components aren't usually IRL builders, lol. It's for fun. Treat it as such. This isn't competitive building.
QFT. Never was meant to be serious man. hopefully a rebalance will make people stop breaking the nonexistant metagame.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.