Author Topic: MochaChocolArty's Showcase  (Read 964 times)

Offline MochaChocolArty

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • MochaChocolArty Game Page
    • Awards
MochaChocolArty's Showcase
« on: July 23, 2020, 01:01:26 AM »
After a long hiatus, Im back to RA2. Last time Ive played RA2 was when starcore and gigafrost released there ai packs and the au battlebots pack wasnt easily downloadable with 28k modems from back then. Im no stranger to the custom components and arenas and modding the game in certain ways. Arc and the clickbeetles along with rfsq come into mind in the same time era. I like being realistic with my bots tho as much as I can. For my first build I made a version of "Mechadon." Currently the motors/pistons used go haywired so Im working out the bugs. Nothingless tho it looks pretty cool. Might make a whole new version of it with a different set of servos/pistons or whatever. Currently has 6 legs and 3 body segments like Mechadon. I wasnt trying to replicate Mechadon but the inspiration is there.   
2A004A4B-1E5F-4F96-A0F6-90491AE64A38.jpeg

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
Re: MochaChocolArty's Showcase
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:57:00 PM »
looks dope, i wish the skin was a little higher res and that the body panels aligned correctly tho. would love to see this thing actually walk properly
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
hey old timer. there's like 5 people active that even remember AU and I don't think any were around then.

the bot's pretty fun, good job on the multiple points of articulation per limb. I'd be interested of a video of it moving.
hope you stick around boss :smile:
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline MochaChocolArty

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • MochaChocolArty Game Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 03:10:14 AM »
Thanks guys. 8bean yea it needs a little work on panels and motors. Ill definately show it walking once I get it going. Reier I was only like 14ish then? But loved the game. I owned RA1 also lol. When RA2 came out me and my bro couldnt put the game down. When we saw there was a AU Battlebot pack, we were bummed it took forever to download and back then sometimes it would be an error downloading. The good ole tech. Currently the problem is the motor glitches out and spins like the end of the world helicopter blades. I might endup starting from zero again. Before I do Im gona check on the motor weights and change how much they way to see if that helps the freak outs. I already have a whole folder dedicated to the BB AU pack with DSL 1.4 and other mods that Im gona have to redo again. This bot is specifically with DSL 1.4 with some RW componants added and a few other things as a whole different copy. Im eventually trying to have the most I use and wants in one. I plan to possibly do my own Battlebots/RobotWars/"insert name here" combat series.

Back to Mechatron; More update versions of it soon. It stands pretty well on its own. I wonder if just having a motor then componants attached to a motor then piston has anything to do with it freaking out. Was trying to do a 2 motions at once with it programed a certain way. More bots coming soon too.