Author Topic: LiNcKz' Retooled Showcase  (Read 1354 times)

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
LiNcKz' Retooled Showcase
« on: September 30, 2016, 10:05:23 PM »
So Retooled is a thing now. Look cool but I can't say I'm enjoying the lack of motors (especially how weapon ones can't be attached to the chassis) or wheels, but I'm definitely loving the anchor's versatility. What used to take a ton of trial and error before now has all options in one. 10/10.

Anyways, here's what I managed to cook up for the GTM tournament:

If the wedge doesn't work, of course, the whole thing is pretty useless. I did make the front armor/chassis wedge a spike strip so that if my wedge fails at catching anything at all perhaps opponents will jam theirs into my spike strips enough for their own to break off. The extreme weight in the back makes it so it almost incapacitates itself when driving backwards so I ended up opting for this extremely inelegant solution to fix that:

Halfway through I actually thought of giving up on the wedge and just making a sort of frontal spinner pointing slightly down so I mess up anything that gets under me but I pretty much ran out of time since I didn't realize the last day to submit was today. Next time I guess!

Offline kill343gs

Re: LiNcKz' Retooled Showcase
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 11:03:41 AM »
If nothing else, that's pretty cool use of the wide spike strips.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »
True, I found the motor part a bit annoying as well(really wonder why we can't attach it to the baseplate? Caster armor?) and the drive ones sadly only exist in length, not width(or a mix of both), only two snappers and if you were seraching for servo pistons and linear actuators, then this isn't the mod for you.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
If nothing else, that's pretty cool use of the wide spike strips.

They're mostly there because I have nowhere else to put the weight! I originally built a popup like I always do and even when putting steel x10 armor and the most heavy stuff on it I came up to 650KG only. I then opted for a remake of this old bot I made in DSL but the motors in Retooled are just not flexible enough (which, funnily enough, also has a bunch of useless stuff added because of weight!).

Since I was going to have scoops to hold people by the spinner and a front armor/wedge I figured I might as well just put spike strips in there and hope opponents blow their weaponry on them. They have a ton of HP anyways.

I could have probably made something better and found little tricks to do what I wanted (2 spinners in the middle or 1 in the middle and 1 on each side) but it was the last day and I just didn't have the time to get acquaintanced with the mod.

Offline UberPyro

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Well, here goes.
  • Awards GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:17:27 PM »
You're encouraged to access cheatbot2 with the mod, and if you do there's an item called "chaos razor" or something along those lines. Anyway, using a few of those should fix you're "not enough weight issue." There's purposely little information about it (it doesn't say its DP or what it is exactly) but it appears to be multiple razors stacked inside each other. Edit: thanks Mr. AS for clearing stuff up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:10:14 PM by UberPyro »

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »
Necrorazors (that's what's supposed to be it's name) don't have much info because they were put in pretty much last minute and I forgot to put the stats in the description. It'll be fixed come the next patch.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.