Author Topic: Dark-Al tries Retooled  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dark-Al tries Retooled
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:45:11 PM »
So Retooled, sounds great does it? Well, not completely for me. Since I'm still new to this Retooled businesses like anyone else, it leads to the problem that I don't have much of a clue on which parts are the most effective for competitive play and how to really build a good Retooled bot. So I decided to say "I'll try" and build an ****** ,unrealistic Retooled bot for a few good laughs and built with a few skills I learned from the other meta games. This Bot hasn't be built in Cheatbot2 which the game encourages and I wasn't aware of many other parts, but just throw your criticism at this Pop-up and I'll build something better or Realistic.

The Snappers I'm use are a little Havoky, even when I've downloaded the Beta version of the Mod with the patch applied.
Seeing that more work needs to be done, but I'll wait.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dark-Al tries Retooled
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:06:06 PM »
What kind of weapons are you using?  Retooled really strongly favors heavier weapons.

(ps plz make something Standard and enter Math Adventures)

Offline Dark-Al

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:18:27 PM »
What kind of weapons are you using?  Retooled really strongly favors heavier weapons.

Small Pole spikes if you need to know. They aren't that damaging but I didn't know about weapon effectiveness.
Also, I don't have enough time to make an entry into Math Adventure due to me only starting to play Retooled only today. Even if I do make one, it probably be terribly rush. But you may never know or I'll just watch, even if I have to.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:49:29 PM »

Small Pole spikes if you need to know. They aren't that damaging but I didn't know about weapon effectiveness.
Also, I don't have enough time to make an entry into Math Adventure due to me only starting to play Retooled only today. Even if I do make one, it probably be terribly rush. But you may never know or I'll just watch, even if I have to.

TBH you could probably do fairly well even with a rush bot at this point.

Anyway, pole spikes are not the weapons to go with on popups.  They do damage with the tip only, so they're not going to be able to get very good hits.  I think there are some cleaver kinda weapons meant for this sort of design, but I have no idea if they're any good.

Alternatively, you could modify it to use a piston instead of a burst motor, so the weapon fires straight forward.  That should allow the pole spikes to get a better angle.

Offline Dark-Al

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »
It's about time someone actually posted another Retooled bot!
 Yes, I made this as a little more of an improvement of a MW poker I built after that *****, unrealistic pop-up I built. I didn't show case the first one, since I planned to improve upon it at some point but here it is:

Armour should be about Plastic 10 and the damage is sufficient enough. But the main weapon is as fragile as an antique vase. Maybe I should make the chassis smaller?

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »
in retooled you want heavier single components as opposed to lots of little ones. also you should armor up those front corners