Author Topic: Creating a Bugglebots mini game  (Read 1370 times)

Offline MyLifeIsIn8

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Creating a Bugglebots mini game
« on: January 26, 2020, 09:46:11 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm a university student studying games design and for an assignment I must create a functioning game using Unity that will be an Android app. As you can probably tell by the title of this post I am making a Bugglebots mini game and thought that you guys might be interested in it's progress.

The game will primarily be a text based game (I'm not confident in my Unity skills enough to make anything beyond that) where the player will aim to win battles by selecting different options whilst in combat. Hopefully it will feature some purdy art work as well all of which will be pixel art as that is what I enjoy making. I'm aiming for there to be 3 bots to choose from each with different battles and storyline.

The accompanied picture is the bot select screen and can be scrolled left and right to allow the player to select the other bots which haven't been decided on yet. If you have a favourite Bugglebot please let me know, I'll likely include whichever the most popular one is!

Also if you're curious, you can see some of my other pieces of art here: https://jp9000fv4s0.wixsite.com/mylifeisin8bit

Offline NickyDustyOwl

• Rep: 3
  • The Scum Of The Earth
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: KermitNicky
Re: Creating a Bugglebots mini game
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 11:08:50 AM »
So similar to pokemon? Id be down to play this :)
Things I done did:

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 07:09:31 PM »
That is some fine lookin pixelart, I can't wait to see how the other bots turn out. How many are you planning on including? If you have enough time before your assignment is due I'd vote for some of the big dogs like K2, Saw Loser, and Thunder Child as well as some that would have vastly different gameplay elements due to their design like gear down for what, maximum ogredrive, and weewo.

and of course sir lance a frog :claping
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
that is some well-done pixel art, especially the shading.