Poll

Should we redo round 6?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Wiki Trivia Contest  (Read 7644 times)

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wiki Trivia Contest
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »
The answer to the first round's question is the Epic Showdown arena. It was a close call but congratulations goes out to Naryar for  winning round one!

Let's try a question that is a little harder...

Round 2:
Q. On the old RA2 forums, which arena did Firebeetle post a Do-It-Yourself mod?

For those of you who did not participate in round one, keep in mind that it is not to late. If you need an account, you should request access ASAP so that you don't fall to far behind.

Round 3's question will be posted next Saturday at 4 AM Central Standard Time (it should be posted now).

welp.  :fail:

EDIT: WAIT, I think... I THINK... I know what this is....
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 07:39:36 AM »
Well, I won't be answering this one for sure :O

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 08:56:39 AM »
Hmm, I think I might actually know the answer to this, but I think it's been answered already.

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 10:30:01 AM »
I can't say if anyone has guessed the correct answer yet but I might as well bump this so that everyone is reminded of it...

Since there aren't too many guesses yet, I would highly recommend throwing some guesses out if you want a chance at points. You can earn 1 point for being the first person to guess the correct answer (by making a change of at least 200 bytes). You can be in the running for 2 points if you strategically copy someone else's guesses (by making a change of at least 100 bytes). If 200 bytes is too much for a wild guess, you can do 100 bytes just to be in the running for the bonus points (however, you wouldn't be able to win the round if you did this unless you went back and made a change of at least 200 bytes before anyone else got to it).

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 04:00:00 AM »
The Do-It-Yourself mod was for the Practice Arena. For those of you who weren't around or didn't see it, I actually left this comment next to one of the Practice Arena listings on the Custom Arenas page: "A DIY project posted on the old forums." Unfortunately, nobody got points this round but thanks go out to Silverfish for taking a guess.

Since round 2 was a little hard, let's do an easier question for round 3.

Round 3:
Q. What arena was used in BBEANS2?

Round 4 will take place on January 30, 2016, at 8 PM Central Time (it should be posted now).

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 05:25:23 PM »
Now that we are halfway through the week, I'll post another reminder.

If you haven't taken a guess yet, you should definitely consider doing so. If you guess correctly, you could win anywhere from 1 to 3 points depending on if you are first and/or win the bonus at the end of the contest.

Even if you don't have a wiki account, it is not too late to get in on this contest.

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 08:00:00 PM »
Round 3 goes to Naryar. The Electric Arena 2 arena was used in BBEANS 2 but I was kind of hoping that someone would guess the BBEANS Tournament Arena V2 :D

Moving on, I've got one that is a bit more obscure but I hope we get more guesses than we had in Round 2.

Round 4:
Q. For what arena did Madiaba create a skinning contest?

Round 5 will take place on February 6, 2016, at 8 AM Central Time (it should be posted now).

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2016, 03:38:06 AM »
huh. that's a hard one. was it on the old forums ? because i don't remember it.

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »
Nobody has a commanding lead yet but we're getting to the point of no return. Now is the time to start making guesses on questions that you may or may not know just to stay in the running...

Also, remember that question about Firebeetle's DIY mod?

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 08:00:16 AM »
Round 4 goes to Geice. To be honest, I'm pretty surprised that you got this one since I believe this took place before your time. Did you see the answer posted on Madiaba's page? The original contest was hosted on the official forums before they got shutdown.

Let's try one that all of you should be able to guess if you think hard enough about it.

Round 5:
Q. Other than the Parking Lot and the Practice Arena, what stock arena has objects that can get pushed around?

Round 6 will take place on February 13, 2016, at 12 AM Central Time (it should be posted now).

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 09:55:20 AM »
What are you calling a stock arena ? Is it an arena which has been made by Gabriel Interactive and not by modding ? Because I'm pretty sure all the stock arenas don't have movable objects, except the parking lot AND the test arena.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • "Fast and Furious." - Stock Team SPARK
    • UCe_o8LyJBuavehO3pRU5ilg
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 10:00:09 AM »
That should be easy for the people doing this

stock arena

well nevermind.
(unless the buttons on the electric arena count? though they aren't really pushed)

i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 05:05:12 PM »
Is it an arena which has been made by Gabriel Interactive and not by modding ?
Yup.

That should be easy for the people doing this
stock arena
well nevermind.
(unless the buttons on the electric arena count? though they aren't really pushed)
Any arena found in stock has some version of it in DSL and other mods (some arenas got tweaked but kept the same name).

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 11:02:12 AM »
welp, time to dive into the arena folder. i bet it's hidden.

he said pushed around.

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 04:34:44 PM »

he said pushed around.

It's too late. Someone already edited the page, and frankly, I can't think of an update to it that would be 100 bytes. :P
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 08:45:29 AM »

he said pushed around.

It's too late. Someone already edited the page, and frankly, I can't think of an update to it that would be 100 bytes. :P
If you think that Geice got it, you could probably add a gallery of different screenshots, mention the flags, list the trophies for each event, and/or mention the DSL version.

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2016, 12:00:01 AM »
It looks like Geice won round 5 and, as such, we're looking at a very close race between all contestants.

Round 6:
Q. Out of all of the publicly available arenas available at this time, what arena other than the King of the Hill arenas awards a positive amount of points to players without them making contact with each other?

The answer to round 6, winner(s) of the bonus round, and final scores will be posted on February 20, 2016, at 12 PM (it should be posted now).

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 06:51:06 AM »
It looks like Geice won round 5 and, as such, we're looking at a very close race between all contestants.

Round 6:
Q. Out of all of the publicly available arenas available at this time, what arena other than the King of the Hill arenas awards a positive amount of points to players without them making contact with each other?

The answer to round 6, winner(s) of the bonus round, and final scores will be posted on February 20, 2016, at 12 PM (it should be posted now).

Does that count non stock arenas?
Cause if so I know the answer.

Also I just remembered  the Event Result "Arena"
i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline Trovaner

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 05:07:26 PM »

Round 6:

Does that count non stock arenas?
Cause if so I know the answer.

Also I just remembered  the Event Result "Arena"
Since I didn't explicitly say stock, it could be any arena that the general public has access to.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2016, 05:43:31 PM »
50CC3R 4R3N4