4 (12.5%)
4 (12.5%)
6 (18.8%)
1 (3.1%)
1 (3.1%)
16 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 07, 2016, 09:31:37 AM

Author Topic: VOTE BoTM September 2016  (Read 5228 times)

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: VOTE BoTM September 2016
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 01:40:29 PM »
Win was a nice surprise but more importantly thanks to everyone who participated and supported BOTM and MNB for putting it on, entry count looked a lot stronger this month, lets keep it that way :)

Warfare looks incredibly bland/unorigial, but all the plebs will vote for it because everything else is awful.

Not really the most unique thing ever, but still attractive.  My mind is thinking Joey or Badger built this.

Am I missing something or Did strafing become trendy in my absence? few years ago I was pretty much the only guy crazy enough to use it :P

Then again, I think this is the third BOTM I have won with a strafing robot.. so maybe im making myself bland? lol

did something change in Stock? Last I remember Shinies don't work when the motor notch is upward like that

Works reasonably enough on this setup for its purpose, not as quick as the other 2 motors but gets the job done.. grannys were too ugly

The only bot that looks like it might actually have taken advantage of component freedom (though it could just be really good stacking with regular glitches).

Nope just barebones stock on board, snapper loading and eFFe and some decent luck on the stacking. :)
Nah, I haven't seen strafing/skid steering used a lot, however I've been thinking about using it, and I wonder how it would work with no resistance back wheels. Congratulations on the win.

You're a victim of your own success, I guess.  :rolleyes:
Tbh, I thought your bot was about as original as you can get with a combat effective stock MW.

I guess nobody used RA2 CF though. That's cool, I'm allowing it for October as well.
What about wen? unless those are attached to the Snapper 2's.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2016, 02:08:10 PM »
Not really the most unique thing ever, but still attractive.  My mind is thinking Joey or Badger built this.

Am I missing something or Did strafing become trendy in my absence?
*cough*

Anyway, congrats Joe.  Really thought that was Badger as that would look like something he would build, the splash looks a bit like he would've done it as well, and that I've seen him use that font before.

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2016, 05:30:21 PM »

I guess nobody used RA2 CF though. That's cool, I'm allowing it for October as well.
I think i at least used the ro7 break

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »
4 vote, ummmm........
Congrats to JoBlo.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »
Looks like this months BOTM may not make it to the front page. Perhaps we need a new awards ceremony for BotM as well?
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.