Poll

Vote for your favorite Train bot

17 (54.8%)
14 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: January 31, 2013, 11:04:08 PM

Author Topic: Vote BOTM Feb 2013  (Read 12282 times)

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Vote BOTM Feb 2013
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2013, 10:15:47 PM »
You can't expect me to do EVERYTHING around here

Yeah, why should should anyone expect you to maintenance your own website? How absurd.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
Maybe it has something to do with a certain group of idiots that want to complain about everything he does for us with little to no recognition or even respect. He actually has a REAL LIFE BUSINESS and a REAL FAMILY TO SUPPORT. So why would he spend every waking moment screwing around on an internet forum that he gains absolutely nothing from.

Not to mention there is less people actually giving a sh** about GTM every day... So why should he?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:47:11 PM by Trovaner »

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »
Not to mention there is less people actually giving a sh** about GTM every day... So why should he?

Yeah I mean, the game is starting to loose popularity, so why don't we just do everything in our power to continue running it into the ground? Sounds like a good plan to me.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »

Yeah I mean, the game is starting to loose popularity, so why don't we just do everything in our power to continue running it into the ground? Sounds like a good plan to me.
Just shut up.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2013, 10:04:34 AM »

Treating him like sh** doesn't make him want to keep the place going.

Is that a little easier for your asspie brain to understand?

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »

When are where did I treat him like sh**? This websites layout is complete , it needs fixing. That's the truth.

Just shut up.

acne

Foul language removed .... User warned.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:02:43 PM by ACAMS »

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
If I get good at making components I will make a total conversion mod of DSL. This might help a bit. You do realise however that when a new robot fighting programme comes around interest will come back again. Also DSL needs to be readily available to download on here as you can't get the game hardly anywhere.

You mean there's hope a new one will be released within the next year or so?

Yeah I dont think so

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2013, 10:40:59 AM »

>Starting to lose popularity
>Implying RA2 hasn't been dead since BBEANS6 ended
This is really just a discussion board for people who used to play RA2 and who still screw around with it occasionally. I'm not sure why a BOTM with only one entry is the event that signals the death of RA2. People just weren't interested in the theme this time around.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Noodle

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • faggot
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

Is that a little easier for your asspie brain to understand?

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »
the more time guy guys spend arguing over whos e-dick is (smaller) means the less time is spent on, ohIdontknow, RA2?

:ermm:

Maybe it has something to do with a certain group of MAWNGLERZ that want to complain about everything he does for us with little to no recognition or even respect. He actually has a REAL LIFE BUSINESS and a REAL FAMILY TO SUPPORT. So why would he spend every waking moment screwing around on an internet forum that he gains absolutely nothing from.

no one really cares.

if the site is sh**, we will complain that the site is sh**. if you watch a bad movie, do you take into account that [the director] has a family and business to attend to?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:47:44 PM by Trovaner »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Classicus

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 5
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »
If there was an active 24/7 stable server for real-time non-ai robot battles would that help give some interest back here? I play RA2 to build a bot and fight it, I get no satisfaction in working on a bot then trusting it to strategically shaved chimps Gabriel Interactive's AI programmer(s). Maybe others are the same? If there is enough interest it  might be something worth looking into.

Offline Noodle

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • faggot
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
the more time guy guys spend arguing over whos e-dick is (smaller) means the less time is spent on, ohIdontknow, RA2?

Maybe it has something to do with a certain group of MAWNGLERZ that want to complain about everything he does for us with little to no recognition or even respect. He actually has a REAL LIFE BUSINESS and a REAL FAMILY TO SUPPORT. So why would he spend every waking moment screwing around on an internet forum that he gains absolutely nothing from.

no one really cares.

if the site is sh**, we will complain that the site is sh**. if you watch a bad movie, do you take into account that [the director] has a family and business to attend to?

movie =/= website, by a long shot

That's a sh** metaphor.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:48:01 PM by Trovaner »

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »

no one really cares.

movie =/= website, by a long shot

That's a sh** metaphor.

I agree with Noodle, for once.

That director is getting paid to make that movie and therefore is his means of supporting his family. ACAMS gets absolutely nothing from maintaining this website.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:48:26 PM by Trovaner »

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »
It probably costs him money, actually.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Kossokei

• Mr. Kurtsokei
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • You better believe it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ...is more dangerous...
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
If there was an active 24/7 stable server for real-time non-ai robot battles would that help give some interest back here? I play RA2 to build a bot and fight it, I get no satisfaction in working on a bot then trusting it to strategically shaved chimps Gabriel Interactive's AI programmer(s). Maybe others are the same? If there is enough interest it  might be something worth looking into.
this

I'm sure every n00b first believes that Tournaments are online (I did) and they're sort of disappointed when they find out the truth, like I was. If we could actually run Tournaments online, d'you know how much more fun and intense and engaging it would be?

Sure, seeing your bot fight for itself is nice, but using your bot the way its meant to be used? It's a massive difference.

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »
We should start running pvp tournaments, honestly. Even with the lag it's still fun.

Offline Classicus

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2013, 03:15:01 PM »
I'd be interested to know when this was last tried on any sort of scale, surely with internet speeds now it should be minimal lag these days? I'm thinking something like Unreal Tournament 2004 online or similar. I may drive like Stevie Wonder but least its me.

Offline Noodle

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • faggot
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
I'd be interested to know when this was last tried on any sort of scale, surely with internet speeds now it should be minimal lag these days? I'm thinking something like Unreal Tournament 2004 online or similar.

RA2 online games always lag, even on LAN.

Offline Classicus

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »
UT2004 lags as well, sometimes badly, but its still a kick. Perhaps we could set up a Saturday 1v1 tournament, containment cube IRL middleweight or something and see how it goes. There is an arena on Beetlebros with basically nothing that could be used also.

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »
There is a right and wrong way of criticizing and I believe some of you have crossed that fine line. ACAMS has done much more for RA2 than many of you know and I believe he deserves our respect. If you have a problem with something let him know. You must however understand that he has a life outside of RA2 and this website.

As for the wiki, it is currently running 1.15.1 and 1.20.2 is the latest. When ACAMS has time, I'm sure he will get around to updating it (this tutorial should do the trick as long as you use the most recent version of MediaWiki instead of the one that they are linking to).

Also, stop complaining about the game dying. Everyone knows that it is on the decline but none of the people complaining are doing anything about it. Many threads have been soiled by your negative attitudes and it is starting to get on my nerves. By repeatedly bringing it up in threads, you are only making the forum less enjoyable for newcomers and current members (furthering the issue). I have been around since 2006 and this issue was brought to my attention from day 1 (people complained then as they do now). However, the complaining has never been this bad. I understand that RA2 isn't doing as well as it used to but that is no reason to bury it while it still has signs of life and interest.

Playing online has never been that great but there are still quite a few people that will do it if you request it in the appropriate thread.