Author Topic: Replica Challenge  (Read 750 times)

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Replica Challenge
« on: September 15, 2019, 09:24:23 AM »
I’ve tried this once before, I want to try it again!
So, one of the biggest reasons people start playing RA2 is because of replicas. We have creators like the Barangoat and Resetti introducing people to the game through their favorite robots from real life replicated in game. Building replicas is something many of us like to do, so I want to make a challenge off of it.
Basically, how it would work is that I will choose a bot from any competition (Battlebots, Robot Wars, KoB, etc.) and you guys will try and recreate it. You PM your splash to me and we have a vote on which one looks the best. You can do this is RA2 (stock or DSL), RR2, or even CAD!
So, what do you guys think? Anything I can add? Anything I should remove? Anything I should change? I’m open to anything right now. Thanks!
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:

Offline Gulden

• I should start doing tourneys again.
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Everything is too OP
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
Re: Replica Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »
I like the idea.
Using the contest section is definitely something we should do more often, and I'm glad people like you are breaking the ice.

Offline WhamettNuht

• Rep: 12
  • Robot Building Drag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: WhamettNuht #1457
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 10:52:50 AM »
I’m down!!
Damn I should probably put something fancy in this bit huh?

Offline kix

• Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »
bruh im down too
What do you say to me? Gas or something. My heart, eh! Nutter, UDT 1 Enjoy it as well! Al-Qaida ishiki also carried out confidential duties as well! Uh! You are the best special envoy of the Republic of Korea, and you have only one target for me. Don't do this. I'm going to push you with an accuracy that's never been changed in history. The internet makes you feel safe? Hamder, you're gonna roll. My I Don't go, it's just like this, and at the same time, all the information assets in Korea have been mobilized. • I'm tracking your IP address. This Shiva storm is going to drive you away, **** you. Hold on to Dandie, and I'll wipe you out. You know, you're not. My heart, The upstart sunbeams flashed in the East, do not flash, my hands alone, 700 pieces It's a different way to get you right. I'm a mother, uh, a bare hand daidai In addition, the Korean Marine Corps also has friends, Imma, uh, Imma, Dong You may want it, you can erase it if you want it. If I knew what was going to happen to you, I would have kept my mouth shut. But you've got a barn that's already teasing you, so you gotta pay for it? Bottle your Hey. I'm just drowning you in a poop of rage. I know you're looking back.

Offline NickyDustyOwl

• Rep: 4
  • The Scum Of The Earth
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: KermitNicky
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
would be better than BOTM, I wonder how Sickle would like this.
Things I done did:

Offline Sickle robotics

• Most improved 2019.
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 4
  • I do artwork, sometimes
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: SR#7815
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 12:50:09 PM »
This is a really great idea, I’m down if it does happen.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 01:12:27 PM by Sickle robotics »

• Supah Kickah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 12:57:29 PM »
The reception seem to be positive. I’ll make a thread once I get home.
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 01:42:47 PM »
As well as choosing the bot I think you should choose what it should be made in. Otherwise someone who builds a real solid stock bot will almost always get beaten out by someone who makes and renders a CAD
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

• Supah Kickah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »
As well as choosing the bot I think you should choose what it should be made in. Otherwise someone who builds a real solid stock bot will almost always get beaten out by someone who makes and renders a CAD
well, some people prefer building in different styles, and i dont want to exclude them because of that.

Offline kix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 02:32:20 PM »
Maybe different categories?
Stock/IF, DSL, RR2/CAD?
What do you say to me? Gas or something. My heart, eh! Nutter, UDT 1 Enjoy it as well! Al-Qaida ishiki also carried out confidential duties as well! Uh! You are the best special envoy of the Republic of Korea, and you have only one target for me. Don't do this. I'm going to push you with an accuracy that's never been changed in history. The internet makes you feel safe? Hamder, you're gonna roll. My I Don't go, it's just like this, and at the same time, all the information assets in Korea have been mobilized. • I'm tracking your IP address. This Shiva storm is going to drive you away, **** you. Hold on to Dandie, and I'll wipe you out. You know, you're not. My heart, The upstart sunbeams flashed in the East, do not flash, my hands alone, 700 pieces It's a different way to get you right. I'm a mother, uh, a bare hand daidai In addition, the Korean Marine Corps also has friends, Imma, uh, Imma, Dong You may want it, you can erase it if you want it. If I knew what was going to happen to you, I would have kept my mouth shut. But you've got a barn that's already teasing you, so you gotta pay for it? Bottle your Hey. I'm just drowning you in a poop of rage. I know you're looking back.

• Supah Kickah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 02:34:10 PM »
Stock/IF, DSL, RR2/CAD?
Maybe?

Offline kix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 02:34:58 PM »
Stock/IF, DSL, RR2/CAD?
Maybe?
Epic?