Author Topic: MC BOTER  (Read 2262 times)

Offline MetalikVyper

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:28:05 AM »
MC BOTER:-Monthly Component Battle that's Open To Every RA2er.

Hi guys, this is a new idea for a competition, Its basicaly like BOTM but with components.

Each month users who want to enter create a component which i will set, so for example if i said a M/W spin motor i would be asking for competitors to build, a spin motor no heavier than 25kg and make sure it obeys the MC BOTER  rules.

MC BOTER rules
Each component created can easily be created to be 1kg but with 50000 hitpoints, concussin and peircing, so i've devised a rule board that will make it more realistic,

Weapons:
Spikes: 150 hitpionts    
           20 piercing        per kilo
           0.1 concussion  

Hammers: 125 hp
              2 peirce       per kilo
              2 concus  

Saw's and Axes: 160 hp
                       10 pierce     per kilo
                       1 concus

Motors:
Spin Motors:  80 rpm per kilo

Burst:  0.2 speed per kilo

Extras:
Flippers: 0.05 hp
            0.3 pierce      per kilo
            0.4 concus  

Weight Limits: L/W 15kg M/W 25kg H/W 40kg SH/W 75kg

Please tell me if i am talking in the wrong measurments or the measurments are too unreasonable or too unrealistic.

each competitor must  make the component and make all required files to make it work in stock and then create a splash of the component like BOTM the component will be judged on the splash, so i advise a nice skin and and origional shape not a copied one from another component. in the splash please put the weight and the hp,concus and the peirce or the rpm depending on what component it is.

when a competitor wins they will email me all the required files to install them into ra2 i will then send a copy of every winners file to DragonFire who will put  them alltogether in a yearly pack for every one who visits gametechmods.com
Thanks again to DragonFire for doing the pack for me!:bigsmile:

and as an extra bonus the winnners of the first 12 months will have thier components in the promotional vid which will go on utube!

please post on this thread about this idea and if you guys like the idea or not

Yours in roboteiring
MetalikVyper
mc boter.jpg
I blame physics.

Offline somestrangeguy

• Rep: 2
  • If you can read this, your monitor is turned on.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
Intresting idea.

So all those peasurements are per kilo? Just making sure, since 150hp spike would not make sence.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 10:11:20 AM »
I suppose that's 150 HP/ kilo.

Offline Venko

MC BOTER
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 06:39:30 AM »
Seeing all those tournaments started, im wondering what kind will be the next...
:o

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 06:49:43 AM »
The next tournament will probably be: How quickly can you destroy the RA2 CD that you don't need anymore.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 07:08:57 AM »
No... How quickly can you defeat EMERGENCY with a LW.

I just did it in 22 seconds, but I know I can make better.

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 07:33:16 AM »
It seems the age of competitive Newbies is upon us. Prepare the Bots Of War!
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Venko

MC BOTER
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
Quote from: Naryar;14835
I just did it in 22 seconds, but I know I can make better.

And you was suppose to be the guy that not boast? :biggrin:

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »
20 and 10 piercing is waaaay too much, even for a 100kg weapon.  If you look at the damage formula on my website (D = 183.9P + 100C)  you'll see that piercing has a much bigger effect on damage than concussion.

I would advise just setting a certain Efficiency stat that components can't exceed.  For example, all the components in DSL are balanced to 60000 efficiency.  I define efficiency as (DP*HP)/M where DP is Damage Potential, calculated by the above damage formula, HP is HP, and M is mass.  That way you combine all three stats into one number, and you can tweak the DP/HP balance however you want.

Then you just need to figure out some way to handle fracture, normals, and frequency.

You also need some way to regulate electricity drain for motors.  And the power setting for motors isn't just one "RPM" number.  It's two, one for speed and one for torque.  Perhaps set a cap on the combined maximum for both numbers.  Same with burst motors--those use three power numbers.

In conclusion, you should learn more about how components work before starting a component tournament.  There's a nice section on the txt file parameters at the beginning of my tutorial: http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/modding.htm

It's a good idea, but with so few people able to make components (and many of those who can lacking time to do so), I have doubts about how successful it would be.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Madiaba

MC BOTER
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 06:56:58 PM »
I'm right with CB, concerning a 'component' Tourney.  Too bad though, cause I've seen some cool ideas.  If I could, I'd both facilitate and contribute to your endeavor.
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline MetalikVyper

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »
I tried i failed, miserably, well what did ya expect eh? Gordon Brown to grow a brain? (that was a rhetorical question DragonFire, lol!)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:47:32 PM by MetalikVyper »
I blame physics.

Offline TleeC11B

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 09:56:44 PM »
Quote from: MetalikVyper;14760
MC BOTER:-Monthly Component Battle that's Open To Every RA2er.

Hi guys, this is a new idea for a competition, Its basicaly like BOTM but with components.

Each month users who want to enter create a component which i will set, so for example if i said a M/W spin motor i would be asking for competitors to build, a spin motor no heavier than 25kg and make sure it obeys the MC BOTER  rules.

MC BOTER rules
Each component created can easily be created to be 1kg but with 50000 hitpoints, concussin and peircing, so i've devised a rule board that will make it more realistic,

Weapons:
Spikes: 150 hitpionts    
           20 piercing        per kilo
           0.1 concussion  

Hammers: 125 hp
              2 peirce       per kilo
              2 concus  

Saw's and Axes: 160 hp
                       10 pierce     per kilo
                       1 concus

Motors:
Spin Motors:  80 rpm per kilo

Burst:  0.2 speed per kilo

Extras:
Flippers: 0.05 hp
            0.3 pierce      per kilo
            0.4 concus  

Weight Limits: L/W 15kg M/W 25kg H/W 40kg SH/W 75kg

Please tell me if i am talking in the wrong measurments or the measurments are too unreasonable or too unrealistic.

each competitor must  make the component and make all required files to make it work in stock and then create a splash of the component like BOTM the component will be judged on the splash, so i advise a nice skin and and origional shape not a copied one from another component. in the splash please put the weight and the hp,concus and the peirce or the rpm depending on what component it is.

when a competitor wins they will email me all the required files to install them into ra2 i will then send a copy of every winners file to DragonFire who will put  them alltogether in a yearly pack for every one who visits gametechmods.com
Thanks again to DragonFire for doing the pack for me!:bigsmile:

and as an extra bonus the winnners of the first 12 months will have thier components in the promotional vid which will go on utube!

please post on this thread about this idea and if you guys like the idea or not

Yours in roboteiring
MetalikVyper

I'm not bashing you I just dont understand how you figured these numbers.... a spike has more HP than a hammer??  I dunno.. this is the first time I've seen this post and I didn't read every page to it.. just your initial post.
Why is all the piercing per kilo and concussion fixed??? you'd think.. hammer x amount of concussion per kilo and piercing would be fixed.
But I will say, I have not done any component modding/creating, It just seems like those numbers are all jacked.

I\'m so happy I\'ll stab your ass and lay down next to you dead in the grass.

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
MC BOTER
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 12:00:22 AM »
Please do not bump the dead threads.