Robot Arena Matches > Contests

Changes to BOTM

(1/2) > >>

BotOfTheMonth:
We will be making some changes to BOTM in the near future

The process of hosting and voting will be moved to the RA2 Central discord to appeal to a wider audience. Some of the changes that follow are:
- The mandatory showcase rule for entrants will be removed
- BOTM will now have a unique channel that the winners will be posted in
- The builders will receive a unique BOTM winner role for the month

The front page of GTM will still be updated with the winning entries.

Avalanche:
I’m not sure this is a good idea lads. We need to be driving as much engagement and activity towards the forums as possible, not away.

BotOfTheMonth:

--- Quote from: Avalanche on October 24, 2019, 01:14:15 AM ---I’m not sure this is a good idea lads. We need to be driving as much engagement and activity towards the forums as possible, not away.

--- End quote ---
Like it or not, the forums have very little relevance with the majority of the community nowadays. People have shown that they clearly prefer using discord over the forum, and trying to force people to use the forum is going to have the opposite affect.

Reier:
at the very least post a thread every month showing the participants after the vote so we actually have a record to look at in the future instead of it just getting destroyed immediately like in the discord

TheOrcCorp:

--- Quote from: Reier on October 24, 2019, 02:17:25 AM ---at the very least post a thread every month showing the participants after the vote so we actually have a record to look at in the future instead of it just getting destroyed immediately like in the discord

--- End quote ---
Agreed. I feel through this new way we're not forcing people to use the forums but it still involves them as record keeping and display. :smile:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version