Author Topic: Botober 2020  (Read 1515 times)

Offline F1Krazy

• Team VVV - Veni Vidi Vici
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Don't try to get away, I'm here to stay
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Botober 2020
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2020, 02:06:05 AM »
I built my Day 3 bot early as practice, here it is:

I feel like it's kinda rushed and unfinished but I can always tidy it up later.
My DSL Showcase

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • "To Comfort the Disturbed, and Disturb the Comfort
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: X Æ A-12#8572
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2020, 09:10:09 PM »
Day 4: Radio
Stereo Madness: A 4wd CW Whiplash + Ghost Raptor clone which I'm so proud of

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Really nothing special
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2020, 11:23:17 PM »
Day 3: Bulky

If you're wondering what I did for day 2, the answer is nothing bc I couldn't get inspired. I barely thought up a basic ass SHW wedge for bulky, but it came out somewhat solid and seems to work pretty damn well, so I'm not too mad about it
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Objective: Survive
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 01:50:38 AM »
Day 3

TI 3, has no active weapon other than being a pusher. It has E-tek drive so it can push things
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 07:20:53 AM »
Day 5: Saber
Buster: Based on the Dogouken Gekido, a CW "Sword"- Hammer bot.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Really nothing special
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 03:12:25 PM »
Day 4: Foo Fighter

Yeah I've pretty much resorted to just doing certain days to preserve my sanity. Meant to build this yesterday but w/e it's here now. It's a Crossfire clone with the supports on an axle, so it's unstable as ****. Fun machine, though
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 04:30:22 AM »
Day 6: Rodent
Bucktooth Hurly: I just found out that beavers were rodents when I was searching for inspirations. so yeah. CW, 4X NPC Fast drive and a Beltless perm powering the drum.

Offline NeonCalypso

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 05:56:34 AM »

Radio

Stuff I won at

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 02:16:02 AM »
Day 7: Fancy
Kasten Kampf: Idea from Imperium/Ring Kampf. CW, 2X NPC Fast for drive, and a kinda crappy drum ngl

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2020, 09:22:09 AM »
Day 8: Teeth
InCiSor: Lockjaw clone and I realized this kinda didn't have much in the way of "teeth", but the name does, Lockjaw kinda does, yeah I'm stretching with this I know. CW, 4x TMW for Drive, Belted TMW for the weapon.

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »
Day 9: Throw
Al Azif: CW Lucky clone. I no joke have 5 different versions of this because it took so long to get this design Just right.

Offline NeonCalypso

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 08:52:35 AM »

Upper left: Soulja Blade uses a samurai sword setup with beaters
Lower left: Glimmer is just a rambot (oof) inspired by one of those visual novels iv'e read
Upper right: Golden Platter is wide using 120x120 panels for a dustpan
Lower right: Drama Chomp uses a ram and spin combo to wear down there opponents

Stuff I won at

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 09:22:27 AM »
Day 10: Hope
Paragon: CW Ultraviolent clone. 3 Lifters. Yes, I'm overcompensating

Offline NeonCalypso

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2020, 05:30:32 AM »

Wooden Slug: A extender bot that resembles a catapult, powered by a overkill motor and a few counterweights
Distant Future: How I Imagined this version of rampage in the near future, its Titanium 5, sturdy like the original

Stuff I won at

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2020, 11:14:15 AM »
Day 11: Disgusting
Cockroach: LW STKB/Sewer Snake clone. It uh... kinda sucks, but ehh

Offline NeonCalypso

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 10:08:56 PM »
We live in a society

Stuff I won at

Offline NeonCalypso

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2020, 09:48:18 AM »
Are snakes slippery?

Stuff I won at

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
Day 12: Slippery
Moray: MW Kraken Clone. Untested wedge but man the head was a pain and also fun to make.

Offline KidDelta

• The Spice Lord
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2020, 03:41:08 AM »
Day 13: Dune
Death Worm: CW Tantrum clone. Been a while, eh? Weapon sucks since Piglet but it can actually self right aaaaaa

Offline NeonCalypso

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2020, 09:18:38 PM »

Ti 3: doesn't have any active weapons atm, but once I turned it into a SHW it's going to have one

Stuff I won at