Author Topic: BOTM - Discussion  (Read 6157 times)

Offline ACAMS

BOTM - Discussion
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »
:gunz: TOOOOO MUCH CRAP

I'm outta here            :truck:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:19:46 PM by ACAMS »

Offline Madiaba

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »
I'll try to get one in, as soon as the specs are posted.:idea2:
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 02:17:13 PM »
Quote from: ACAMS;13891
HEHEHEHE........we will have more entries this time (I hope)

...Stock HW horizontal spinner?

Offline R1885

• Rep: 3
  • Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:52:18 PM »
Or an uber V.S.?

Offline ACAMS

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 06:20:06 PM »
Rules updated!

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
im sure you will have >4 entrants
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 06:53:16 PM »
LOL.

I don't even want to imagine what Venko will offer us.

Offline ACAMS

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »
We can make this secret entries if you like. I can provide an uploader so nobody knows what others entered.....post your opinion here.

I would like all future tournaments to be secret if possible, that way nobody knows who #1,#2, ect,ect is and real nice pics won't scare others off.

Offline Venko

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »
Well, well, well, who copy me...
Why you choose this one for a BotM ACAMS?
Did you read the rules of A.D.D.I.C.T. 1?
THEY ARE VERY CLOSE to this ones...
Why you start a tournament like this when its already have one like that?
I was add this "secret builders" rule to mine allready...
No one was liking this idea for freaks and not suddenly a concurent contest, very close to mine...
WTF!...

well, well, well, look who copied me...
Why did you chose this for BotM ACAMS?
Why did you start a tournament  like this when there is already one like it?
I added the "secret builders" rule to mine already...
No one liked the idea of freak bots, and now there are 2 of them
WTF!...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:39:58 PM by goose »

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
Quote from: venko;14098
Well, well, well, who copy me...
Why you choose this one for a BotM ACAMS?
Why you start a tournament like this when its already have one like that?
I was add this "secret builders" rule to mine allready...
No one was liking this idea for freaks and not suddenly a concurent contest, very close to mine...
WTF!...

its because we trust this one more. and the reward is better. no one really wants an "awesome skin" as a prize.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Venko

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »
Probably, but since you dont know the 3 secret reward you cant speak...
But this is still some kind of a "knife in the back"...
:(

Offline ACAMS

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »
I have not had internet for over a week (except when I drove 15 miles to do the BOTM contest, but why in heck would anybody start another bot contest like the BOTM????????????? I mean dammmmmit.....we only had three entries last time!!!!!!
I did not read your contest because I didn't have time, but have had this planned since I posted BOTM suggestions and this was kinda mentioned. In the future any moron that starts a contest like the BOTM contest it will be promptly locked! Since I work a lot lately and sometimes have no internet for a week (like this time) I hope goose, Clickbeetle and madiaba will help me keep them in control. AI tournaments need to be staggered with BBEANS and other tournaments too, and quite often tournaments are started and not completed so ONLY people that will finish a tournament need to start them and from now on do not start a tournament just like the BOTM as it is special (so you can have your bot pic on the main page)

I will leave yours up since it is different, but don't do any more BOTM type contests.

Offline Venko

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 09:37:51 PM »
So its usually forbidden for others to start a not-a-fight-tournament-only-review-like-BotM-contests ? And they are morons if they do it? Thats something new...
And you tring to tell that by some extremly coincidence you decide to make the oct BotM a freak contest? Not to mention the "secret rule"... Usually i dont believe to coincidences... You can check the date of my post about A.D.D.I.C.T. 1...
And what is the problem? Why dont tell to Sage to stop his cos BBEANS is special too. Or you dont think im gonna finish it? Cos if have enouth candidates i will...
Isnt this supose to be a free forum, where some people starts what tournamets they want? Its not only BBEANS, WAR, LU, and mine. Have some other tournaments too, but why exactly people CANT make a design contest?
No need to give me a alms and leave mine. This forum need a freedom for everyone to create a tournament what he wants. And if fail its his problem. You will not die just cos someone make a tournament and add some posts...

And im not compete BotM contest. I was just wanted to start a freak design contest (have a dream to see one like that but since no one care i decide to start a one by myself). ADDICT is only for FREAKS !!!

"its because we trust this one more."...
This one hurts a lot. Thanks Sage...

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 09:59:02 PM »
I actually agree with venko.
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline ACAMS

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 10:12:17 PM »
gametechmods.com is very loose and open, but if you look at the number of contests started and NOT finished you will see what I mean. I still have not read all the rules to your ADDICT tournament, but I know damn well you got the idea when I posted the BOTM suggestions thread. I did not stab you in the back......you stabbed ME in the back. I have been around a lot longer than you and can tell you for a fact that tournaments don't last long......especially if EVERYBODY starts one. The BOTM is steady, once a month with the prize of having your bot on the main page and if EVERYBODY starts making a contest like it then EVERYBODY will lose interest and none will be fun. We need to have tournaments, but when a tournament is in progress like BBEANS and BOTM then you should be polite and wait untill they are finished before making another. I would like to see somebody start a CAD contest where people design bots for battle and are judged on looks, and fighting ability and made to be realistic. Anyway carry on with your ADDICT tourney and see if there is interest for both, or I can quit doing the BOTM as it is a pain in the ass to keep up with anyway.

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
Quote from: ACAMS;14106
gametechmods.com is very loose and open, but if you look at the number of contests started and NOT finished you will see what I mean. I still have not read all the rules to your ADDICT tournament, but I know damn well you got the idea when I posted the BOTM suggestions thread. I did not stab you in the back......you stabbed ME in the back. I have been around a lot longer than you and can tell you for a fact that tournaments don't last long......especially if EVERYBODY starts one. The BOTM is steady, once a month with the prize of having your bot on the main page and if EVERYBODY starts making a contest like it then EVERYBODY will lose interest and none will be fun. We need to have tournaments, but when a tournament is in progress like BBEANS and BOTM then you should be polite and wait untill they are finished before making another. I would like to see somebody start a CAD contest where people design bots for battle and are judged on looks, and fighting ability and made to be realistic. Anyway carry on with your ADDICT tourney and see if there is interest for both, or I can quit doing the BOTM as it is a pain in the ass to keep up with anyway.

I understand, and I agree 100% that having side-tournaments when a main tournament is going on may not be the best  idea for both tournaments. However, I definatly think that we should not be prevented from having our own tournaments when there is not a main one going on.
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline goose

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:18 PM »
I may do this one. No rules? Awesome.

AAM? no collide? bot editing? Sweet!
sippin' on my Honeydew bubble tea.
party in my tummy. yummy, yummy.

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 12:02:09 AM »
Now, now guys. We don't need another flame war, so stop it.

As for this contest, It can be DSL too? Sounds fun.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 02:52:07 AM »
I had personally an idea of using Stock with a precise DSL part (after all, DSL parts in stock are custom, no?)

Offline Venko

BOTM - Discussion
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 04:26:28 PM »
1. "especially if EVERYBODY starts one."
Flase. "EVERYBODY" starts one. Hehehehe. Not, only me. And its cos i want a tournament like this but no one start it. So thats why i do mine. Where you see "EVERYBODY" to start a design contests? If they was so much i will not start mine.

2. And BTW mine have some differents from your oct BotM so technicly dont compete it...

3. "if EVERYBODY starts making a contest like it then EVERYBODY will lose interest and none will be fun."
False. Sage start a BBEANS like contest when real BBEANS is on and seeing the number of candidates dont look "EVERYBODY will lose interest" like to me. Besides, its a good chance for those who allready lose at BBEANS to show they are good builders this time or to repair the bad luck they was have to lose in BBEANS...

4. "We need to have tournaments, but when a tournament is in progress like BBEANS and BOTM then you should be polite and wait untill they are finished before making another."
Read 3. again. And besides, what is the problem with many tournaments at one time? When the tournament host is busy others are free, so they can only wait, watch, and have hope to win. So they have time to build other bot and enter other tournament meanwhile... Are "robot wars" fans will be happy for example if "robot wars" tv show is not only one and you can watch two a day?

5. "I would like to see somebody start a CAD contest where people design bots for battle and are judged on looks, and fighting ability and made to be realistic."
Then what are you waiting for? Start one by yourself. Just remember to make the registration period VERY long cos to enter will take some more time ;)

6. "I can quit doing the BOTM as it is a pain in the ass to keep up with anyway."
No. Keep the BotM contest. As i say in 2. mine is different so they are no compete. And besides, the next BotM will be for something else. Example : HW DSL HS contest. But then mine still be a stock freak contest so where is the compete between the two contests?

Tushe!

Robo, where you see a flame war? We just have a discusion with ACAMS...