Author Topic: BOTM Changes going forward  (Read 1543 times)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BOTM Changes going forward
« on: September 29, 2019, 05:10:19 AM »
Hello all!

Thanks again for your feedback about BOTM! Starting onwards, BOTM will mostly remain the same apart from that entries for it must now be SHOWCASED alongside being messaged to the BOTM account. Hopefully, this will provide a bit of a burst in showcases and encourages feedback/talk. Kix will host this month again but we're planning on alternating hosts monthly to stop people getting bored/burning out.

Also if you haven't voted for BOTM October then GO AND DO IT AAAAAAAAAAAAH
https://gametechmods.com/forums/contests/vote-botm-october-custom/
https://gametechmods.com/forums/contests/vote-botm-october-irl/

Thank you!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
Re: BOTM Changes going forward
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:10:39 AM »
entries for it must now be SHOWCASED alongside being messaged to the BOTM account.
Do they need to be showcased before being entered or can they be showcased afterwards? The reason being I thought BOTM was supposed to be sorta anonymous so that ppl genuinely voted for the best bot rather than choosing a vet over a noob or something like that. If they are showcased before then everyone will know who made what.
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 11:29:56 AM »
Do they need to be showcased before being entered or can they be showcased afterwards? The reason being I thought BOTM was supposed to be sorta anonymous so that ppl genuinely voted for the best bot rather than choosing a vet over a noob or something like that. If they are showcased before then everyone will know who made what.
I think at this point honestly people can more often than not guess who is who correctly. I'd rather have the website continuously by showcase use than just for the short time of guessing who built what, if you catch my drift. It shouldn't be about WHO built it, it should be about what stands out the most.
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »
I think at this point honestly people can more often than not guess who is who correctly. I'd rather have the website continuously by showcase use than just for the short time of guessing who built what, if you catch my drift. It shouldn't be about WHO built it, it should be about what stands out the most.

Checkmate, no one guess ha ha now your blind.

Things I did & done