Author Topic: A.D.D.I.C.T. 1  (Read 15195 times)

Offline Venko

A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« on: August 30, 2008, 09:44:59 PM »

I OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE MY A.D.D.I.C.T. 1 CONTEST FOR OPEN

Awesome
Dream
Designs
In
Contest
Tournament

There are a lot tournaments in the RA2 community where a lot awesome bots are fighting for supremacy. But all this fight and total effectiveness at all costs lack something... So im starting a tournament where the design is more important not the effectiveness. I know that some of you look at this as some "girly miss world contest" and dont like bots that are build "just for fun" and call them 'freaks' and stuff. And they dont give attention on this bots cos "they are not allowed in tournaments". Well,... here they are allowed.

THE RULS :
1. Only stock parts + bonus AI parts. No cheat parts, no DSL parts and no ANY custom made parts.
2. Bots DO NOT needed to be AIed. No need weight for smart zones too. But bots IT IS needed to be wired properly !!! I must have a way to control them for the review video !!! If the weapon or drive system is SO complicted i will contact the creator for help or tips.
3. Every pretender may enter only with ONE bot. And this bot MUST have some way to do a damage (lets say for example at least one spike ;) ). Bots, even good flipers, that can push but dont have a way to make points/damage are NOT allowed !!! SO basicly this mean bots like stock steel yard dogs and snowjob are FORBIDDEN !!!!
4. I will keep the privilege to NOT accept some bot if i "find" him as copy of some old cool looking bot or the bot is SO LAME and dont have a chance compared to other competitors. Or any other reason that i cant think of for now... I will just say to the competitor to make new one to enter.
5. Let's define what kinds of bots must enter. Crawlers and bumping balls are OK. Trinity glitch and other total uncontrolable or even flying bots are OK. BUT Nasty pickle and other bots that do a GOOTA (get out of the arena) and go into the void are NOT OK.
6. This is a design contest that must show how far you can go from the effective bots to your dream bots that will break the "regular" as a concept. The bots MUST look total awesome shocking mega cool looking instead of effective fighter ! The bots MUST have some unique or unseen to now driving/moving or weapon system. Or the bot must have some "concept" or "general idea in him" that the bot and his skin and everything in him to follow. Example : The bot can be a tool or food or car or TV or any other object but moving and with weapons and with proper skin as this object.
7. NO AAM and bot file editing and other cheat methods. NO custom PYtoning too. I will call this "ANTI Mad RULE" ;) . Just bots like his PYtoned wallking creatures or 'things' are not allowed :) . But stacking and other legal in tournaments glitches are OK.
8. The SKIN of the bot is mega important too. Try to put some more time in this part please. The bot snapshot (this you see in TEAM HQ) is NO needed.
9. The weight class of the bot dosnt matter !!! All feel free to make it what class you need to realize your idea. I will put only the MAX WEIGHT LIMIT OF 3000 kg. I dont like to wait hours to load... If you build a SHW i only want from you guys to remove the anti-ballast part you use after the building is finished.
10. Only 'who is in the tournament' status will be showed. Submited bots will be a secret until voting started. So please dont showcase any of the competed bots ! ONLY THE BOTS will be showed without 'who build what bot' !!! If someone break the secret and showcase his bot or tell who is his bot maybe will be kicked out of the tournament !!!
11. You will send to me the bot file (If someone dont know how to get the bot file fom the game, he can post "how to do..." here in this threat or PM me about this). You dont need to made splash of the bot or something like this...
12. After the registration is closed after some time (dont know how much it will take me) i will make a introducing the robots video and upload it with all bots and some primitive splash for every bot.
13. Then i will start a vote. Every registered user in gametechmods.com can vote ONCE. Every one have the right to vote even for his own bot ;)
14. Since i hear that lots people afraid that i will win 100% some tournament for design like this, i must say that : I WILL NOT ENTER in my own tournament. Happy now guys :biggrin: ? BUT i will give my vote for someone...
15. The deadline for submiting bots and how long will be the voting will be choosed by me, depending on my opinion on number of competitors or voting activity.
16. After the vote is finished and we have a winner then i will post who build what (his bot). The vote will be like this one for "bot of the month" contest. Everyone post the number of the bot he choose in post only ONE time. So others can see who for what vote. I hope no one will know the bot he vote for by who is build :) Design matters not the person who build it after all...
17. If we have a "draw" vote i will choose in the last moment by me how to choose a winner. But dont worry it will be a fair way, i will not roll a dice :biggrin:
18. You need also to choose a cool name for your bot. Your bot skin or name CAN NOT contain something that will jut who is the creator of the bot.
19. This 7 persons can vote, but they must send me their vote in a PMs, cos mostly they will vote for their bots and this will help to others to understand who-build-what which must not happen !

Read carefully every word in 'RULS' section before enter or ask something !!!

THE PRIZE : ONLY the winner will get a prize. He will choose ONE between 3 prizes :
1. Since this is a design contest the first reward is a design too. The winner will have the right I to make ONE awesome skin for someone of his bots. What he choose to be this skin, WHEN he choose. But you all dont think that this will be just some regular skin... I have some new aces in my hand...
2. Something that i call "my bot theme". This basicly mean that i will make what he wants theme for his bots that is very east to apply. This including main chassis texture, decal texture, rim line pattern and some decals all this what he wants.
3. This reward is a secret. The winner will learn it in the last moment when he need to choose. But by my opinion this one is a WAY better than the previous two !!!

It is up to him will he share the prize or not.

VOTE : CLOSED

RANKING :
1. Mad TV - 7 votes - by Mad
2. Butterfly of heck - 6 votes - by SB
3. The iron boxer - 2 votes - by R1885
3. All gears of destruction - 2 votes - by Nar
5. Leapfrog - 1 vote - by Urjak
5. Max pain - 1 vote - by SSG
5. Sledge hammer rammer - 1 vote - by Hydro

You can send me your bots this ways :
[Just remember to include your nickname form here (the gametechmods.com) and is the bot SHW.]
1. Rar or zip it, upload it here, and send me the link in a PM.
2. Send it on (arealen@yahoo.com).
3. Contact me in MSN (arealen@yahoo.com) or in Skype (vveennkkoo) to discuss some other ways to send it to me.
After you send the bot to me, make sure you will get a answer that i received it and accept it as an entry.

"...And only your own dream limits will be a bound..."

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:25:25 AM by venko »

Offline Hydro

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Lurking. Maybe.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »
ok. you say we can ask how to get a bot file from the game. im asking.
Hi.

Offline R1885

• Rep: 3
  • Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 10:26:59 PM »
Sounds fun.:-D

Offline kill343gs

A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 10:41:59 PM »
Quote from: Hydro;13623
ok. you say we can ask how to get a bot file from the game. im asking.

I'll explain.

Export your robot to your robot designs by clicking the button in the team hq. Close RA2, go to program files, infogrames, robot arena 2, robot designs. Your bot file should be in there. Copy your bot file and paste it into a temp folder on your desktop. Right click the bot file and click add to "botname".rar. Upload this .rar file using gametechmods's file uploader and copy the link and send it to venko.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Hydro

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Lurking. Maybe.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 10:48:35 PM »
thanks.
Hi.

Offline Venko

A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 10:51:33 PM »
I think he will need the detailed explanations for every single stage of all this...
Not to mention when he ask how to make a SHW and how to import it since in the normal way must wait a LONG time instead of just copy it from team folder... Please someone to explain to him or give link to some tutorial cos my fingers are in big pain after this huge ass post with rules...

Come on guys, this is my first attemp for a tournament and the first one about design (as i know, not sure). Tell me do you like the idea?...

Do you like the abriviature (ADDICT)?

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:54:54 PM »
this is not the first robot design contest.
addict is alright. "in contest tournament" doesnt make much sense though.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Urjak

• Rep: 6
  • Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 10:55:53 PM »
I love the idea, and a also like your abreaviation :D, it is nice to have a contest that doesn't have to do just with its effectiveness in battle.
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline Jules

• Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
I like the idea, wish it was DSL though.

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 01:54:38 AM »
Would a walking robot be allowed?

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 02:01:59 AM »
Now THIS is a post. Venko's revenge.

I like the idea, Venko, (but not the abbreviation) simply that few people do build crawlers, Trinity bots, and other freaks (or shall i call them Venkobots now?)

I would just use a heavyweight. Perhaps another Trinity SnS.

EDIT:Urjak, What do you exactly mean by walking robot? Because often they're not really combat-effective.

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 05:20:44 AM »
I can't read that.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline pyscolone

• View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 10:17:03 AM »
So theres a 3000kg limit, yet it can be any weight... and they fight each other..? Maybe if it wasnt a tournament and more of a contest.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »
well Pys, Venko want us to vote which weight class we would to have in his tournament.

As said, I'll like HWs.

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 11:20:01 AM »
Quote from: ;13Naryar665

EDIT:Urjak, What do you exactly mean by walking robot? Because often they're not really combat-effective.

I thought this contest was not about combat effectiveness. :|

Offline Venko

A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »
No one read the rules, do you lazy asses...

Walking bots are OK. But if you think this is enouth for winning... Huh...
The bots must be shocking. When someone see them he must say : OMG, LOL or something like that... Will be good even if someone discover new bot type here...

No effectivness. There will be NO fights between the bots. NOT even small fight...
Did someone watch "miss USA contest" or something like that?
No fight. Only review. Not sure about "cat" fighting in miss somethin contests but anyway :biggrin: ...

Will be NO vote for what will be the weight class. Everyone can make his bot whatever class he wants, or fit best his idea for "freak"...

It is a contest with review, where you see that will be FIGHT tournament?

Why you cant read it? Is my english in the rules section that bad?

And if you read the rules Naryar: you cant say what you will/was build before voting finished !!! Its a secret contest, where no one supose to know what bot is build by who until the end. So no showcasing of the bots before tournament finish and no telling 'who build what' before end too. Capish? If someone break this rule he may get kicked from tournament...

To Jules: It have time. Meybe the next one can be a DSL...

So for those that say "good idea" instead of posting, better turn ON your creative minds. Registartion period will be no more than 1 week...

Seeing the lots of the questions here... Why dont just read the rules instead of asking me some things that are allready explaied in the rules section... You lazy asses...

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
i think in the rules you should replace the word "pretender" with "entrant"
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Venko

A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »
Finally someone who read them :lol:
Gonna enter Inf?

Offline somestrangeguy

• Rep: 2
  • If you can read this, your monitor is turned on.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 01:20:33 PM »
I read most of the rules, there was a truckload of them...

I think S32 cant read it because of the font color? It was pretty hard to read.

Im not too sure if im going to enter, ill see if I can get something up.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A.D.D.I.C.T. 1
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »
Oookaaay

So basically we can post whatever freak bot we want and then after you showing all the pics, we vote?

Perhaps we should vote for a bot in each weight class, too. Because a LW freak bot is generally less impressive that a HW freak bot. That is kinda unfair.

Oh well. Guess i'm gonna enter a stock rebuild of OMFG.