Off-Topic > Chatterbox

Metalworking Skills

(1/3) > >>

HurricaneAndrew:
What are some of everyones real-life metalworking skills?

I can:

[*]Weld
[*]Use a blow torch
[*]Use a chop saw
[*]Use various types of grinders
[*]Rivet
[*]Use a brake[/LIST]
And probably alot more that I'm just not thinking about.

roboman2444:
my skilz
dremel about almost anything
lathe(if I had one)
mill(if i had one)
drill
saw

frezal:
My craft skills are more in the wood department. I've never really even attempted metal working. I've done some soldering here and there, but that's all.

ACAMS:
I can bend a small welding rod with my bare hands!

Also I own a complete automotive machine shop, so google for what they do and that is what I can do....not to mention all the other stuff I do with a complete automotive repair shop. (but it is for personal use only right now untill obongo screws up the oilfield and I have to reopen it...actually everybody is begging me to reopen because they have to drive 75 miles one way to get their work done and then wait longer than it took me...then drive back to get their engine parts)

I also have a pretty nice wood working shop in one of my buildings.

HurricaneAndrew:
Yeah, I know what automotive machine shops do...

They do just about everything that requires machining in an engine, from grinding crankshafts to possibly machining a new engine block.

We use the services of one to do anything we need machined for our pulling tractors. Things like grinding crankshafts, boring cylinders, grinding camshafts, machining new rods, and even some machine work on the carrier in the rear end usually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version