Author Topic: Wild Card Rally-SBV  (Read 15066 times)

Offline Merrick

• Rep: 3
  • Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wild Card Rally-SBV
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2016, 06:45:28 PM »
Calling bull on this. How is this a thing you don't bring up when you see your robot has been changed from the word go?

Offline wakkydude

• The Discourse
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • NotLikeThis NotLikeThis
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
Yes. It was really quite naive of me to not realize this was a significant problem until the Banter Wars drama, to be honest. I assumed that I broke IRL and given a seemed sense of the host rushing through the proceedings, had himstep in with an "I'll do whatever I can to make this legal" attitude. Only then did it really come into perspective that it shouldn't have happened. That is entirely my fault, and I understand why others would find it confusing. I can actually provide exact evidence that this has happened if anyone absolutely needs it - but I haven't dug it out up to this point because I'm not treating this as the sort of situation that I need some kind of "justice" over, and I recognise I'm in a less-than-desirable place right now.

I personally wouldn't have entered the robot as the design that eventually fought. If offered the choice of the revised design and withdrawing I would've withdrawn, It just wouldn't have been what I actually designed, and it proved unable to hit anything in its rumble when I at least think it would've been able to put on a better show as its original design.

I am really not sure, due to the time I have come in with this, what the policy is to be on a potential won rematch changing the entries in the tournament - this is something I will likely have to leave up to tournament admins. I do not feel like my robot particularly needs potentially the entire tournament (if I'm lucky enough to win in the first place) re-filmed around it given where it has progressed right now and wouldn't take issue with a ruling that says a rematch isn't binding on the rest of the tournament in this case, but it depends on how the rules go and how this is ultimately ruled. I will leave that out of my hands, if that is at all possible.

I am very sorry to have suddenly realised this was a point worth addressing now - this has been a huge pain and that is on me. I hope you can tell from my tone at least that I'm not particularly... angry over the ordeal or hold any grudges.

edit: I'll leave the proof here in case anyone else claims otherwise in the future: the only PM I sent to him (http://i.imgur.com/uCy9d3u.png) featured a bot exchange link to the bot (http://i.imgur.com/KHUmMF1.png), which is my only submission on the DSL heavyweight bot exchange, at https://gametechmods.com/Robot_Exchange/DSL_HW/wakkydude_Sun%20Ray.bot. You can inspect it for youself.

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2016, 09:35:43 PM »
I received the bot with the blade on the top.
My game must've glitched or something.
I thought this was intentional, but I probably should've been able to tell from the preview that it was not.
(If you watch the qualifier again, at the result screen, Sun ray's preview is shown with the blade at the bottom.)

I did not make any changes; heck, I don't even know how to bfe.

Still, I apologize for not addressing this issue to Wakkydude.

I have several opinions.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2016, 10:04:34 PM »
If you actually look at the match you can see the E-Tek axle facing downwards

Which means the only way Guldenflame could have "edited" your bot would have been to BFE the disc upwards, which I doubt he even know how to do, so I assume it's a AP problem in the .gmf file he had or something stupid like that.

Also, for whats it's worth, your bot would have lost way sooner if the disc wasn't on the top as it would have gotten instant KO'd by the hammers.

Plus I think it's retarded to make Gulden literally redo everything if the results of that match change simply because even though you saw your bot wasn't correct, you didn't say anything at all until that stupid Banter Wars drama came around.

tl;dr Both wakky and Gulden screwed up and are both at fault in a way this whole mess (wakky for seemingly being ok with whatever changes occurred because of Gulden having a screwed up game until the whole Banter Wars thing which then he decided to point out it was different instead of before and Gulden for having a screwed up game)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:01:11 AM by 090901 »

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2016, 10:08:22 PM »
Assuming the timestamps on wakkydude's screens are accurate, the bot file was uploaded to the exchange before the PM was sent, so it's not like he could reupload and overwrite the bot file he sent to gulden with a different one to /conspiracy/ the heck out of everyone.

Gulden, if you import wakky's bot into a different team slot, is the disc still on top? If so, can you upload your version of the .bot file?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2016, 10:20:10 PM »
https://gametechmods.com/Robot_Exchange/DSL_HW/Guldenflame_DUPLICATEwakkydude_Sun%20Ray.bot

This is the version I got.

I uploaded it to other teams too and still got it.
I have several opinions.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2016, 10:23:53 PM »
Weird, that .bot file imports fine for me. Your game is borked m8 :P

Can you try making another bot using an e-tek, exporting then importing it? Maybe your etek component files are screwed up

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2016, 10:24:28 PM »
Ok yeah I'm totally leaning on it being a .gmf issue since the skin on Gulden's E-tek is the one from DSL 2.0 (The E-tek is different in DSL 2.0 from the one in 2.1), so I'm guessing Gulden just downloaded 2.0 and put 2.2 over it and never patched it with 2.1, which has the updated E-tek. (Or he didn't overwrite files when he installed 2.1 if he did)

So yeah, Gulden didn't try to screw you up in anyway, and this all could have been solved from the start if you actually said something back then.

And Gulden, go DL the full version of DSL 2.2 so issues like this can't happen again if you host another tourney.

Offline Probably Rob

• The Forgotten Obscure Orgasmic Mime
  • Rep: 10
  • You might want your lips around my silent chorus
    • RobotMPire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2016, 10:31:08 PM »
And don't overwrite anything, the 2.2 download is the full game, nothing to be pasted over with anything

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2016, 10:39:18 PM »
Man, I've been missing out on a lot of stuff.
 :dumb)

Also Sun Ray is back in working order.  :claping
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:41:56 AM by Guldenflame »
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2016, 12:27:54 AM »
Let's get back to the actual thing this thread was for.
Well, in the case that I won't have to re-do the matches with Sun Ray at least.

Once again, 2 votes. Due 9:00 PM, 10/19/16. (CST)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:58:29 PM by Guldenflame »
I have several opinions.

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2016, 05:20:39 AM »
Wait, what? Saw a new Wild Card Rally video and wanted to check what's going on, didn't expect this drama.

Please tell me this is a joke...
I have no idea what happened in Banter Wars but it's odd seeing this. I do remember Wakky talking about wanting to do a undercutter while the bot shown clearly wasn't, thought that his design just didn't work out and as such he entered that instead. Don't think it would've changed much on the combat performance.

In one way I can understand Wakky, people nowadays just seem to be like that "No I didn't enter that bot, why would I enter that low quality nonsense, this doesn't show what I built", but I'd still be happy that my bot was even in this, and heck even with such mistakes, people would be able to understand what happened and not judge the bot too much, heck, quite a lot of my entries were rushed and I thought it's still better to enter them.
This can cause such a big drama while the AI.py change(Badger's Clone Clash) doesn't? :P especially so late on.

And don't overwrite anything, the 2.2 download is the full game, nothing to be pasted over with anything
Except a few of the community fixes like the oil rig arena.

Ok yeah I'm totally leaning on it being a .gmf issue since the skin on Gulden's E-tek is the one from DSL 2.0 (The E-tek is different in DSL 2.0 from the one in 2.1), so I'm guessing Gulden just downloaded 2.0 and put 2.2 over it and never patched it with 2.1, which has the updated E-tek. (Or he didn't overwrite files when he installed 2.1 if he did)

So yeah, Gulden didn't try to screw you up in anyway, and this all could have been solved from the start if you actually said something back then.

And Gulden, go DL the full version of DSL 2.2 so issues like this can't happen again if you host another tourney.
I didn't know DSL 2.0 was a thing(are there still DLs for that), good eyes on noticing that, wonder if it's just a certain AP that got swapped, because Rambulance's drive was fine.

With that out of the way, I think you're doing a very good job as tournament host and this has been one of my favorite tournaments so far.

Battles:

Wildcards:
Also if Green Arrow doesn't get to use it's clamp loadout then you could do a bonus match at the end of the series against my bot, it'll probably win because of how weak my top armor is but it might be still fun to watch.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline wakkydude

• The Discourse
  • Heavyweight
  • NotLikeThis NotLikeThis
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 05:42:03 AM »
If you actually look at the match you can see the E-Tek axle facing downwards

Which means the only way Guldenflame could have "edited" your bot would have been to BFE the disc upwards, which I doubt he even know how to do, so I assume it's a AP problem in the .gmf file he had or something stupid like that.

Also, for whats it's worth, your bot would have lost way sooner if the disc wasn't on the top as it would have gotten instant KO'd by the hammers.

Plus I think it's retarded to make Gulden literally redo everything if the results of that match change simply because even though you saw your bot wasn't correct, you didn't say anything at all until that stupid Banter Wars drama came around.

tl;dr Both wakky and Gulden screwed up and are both at fault in a way this whole mess (wakky for seemingly being ok with whatever changes occurred because of Gulden having a screwed up game until the whole Banter Wars thing which then he decided to point out it was different instead of before and Gulden for having a screwed up game)

First of all, let me just cover my own tracks with your top statement and explain the supposed discrepancy: you're probably talking about the extender anchor at the top of the robot, keeping the blade pointing down. http://i.imgur.com/quvC58Z.png

Every mistake I've made is totally valid to point out, and it's why I haven't asked for any serious changes to the tournament as a result, I've just kind of pointed out the error. Being new to the tournament scene, I was very unsure whether to truly call out what seemed like, at the time, a good-faith gesture to make my entry legal. I wasn't aware of the standards until the last drama made me realize so, which is when I kicked into gear and re-evaluated this. And I'm an i d i o t. So: very sorry about that.

But otherwise... that's this mess cleared up. Honestly a strange thing to happen that should be fixed for later, but I guess this is the sort of mess that modded games can create at times. I wish the best for the rest of the tournament and for future ones - the rest of this has run extremely well, I don't mean to discourage you in any way, and I think it's just about time to get it back on track.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2016, 05:46:01 AM »

First of all, let me just cover my own tracks with your top statement and explain the supposed discrepancy: you're probably talking about the extender anchor at the top of the robot, keeping the blade pointing down. http://i.imgur.com/quvC58Z.png

Offline Probably Rob

• The Forgotten Obscure Orgasmic Mime
  • Rep: 10
  • You might want your lips around my silent chorus
    • RobotMPire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2016, 05:51:37 AM »

My votes:

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2016, 06:04:01 AM »
For future reference, Gulden, be sure to check bots thoroughly for silly mistakes like this. In future, try downloading full versions of games instead of patch versions. Makes everything easier/cleaner, especially when it comes to hosting tournaments. And I promise that'll be the last thing that will be said about this issue. Good luck with the rest of the tourney.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2016, 06:17:45 AM »

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2016, 07:10:23 AM »

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2016, 07:15:40 AM »

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2016, 07:42:21 AM »
I'd vote for mine, but that seems pretty narcissistic.
Pretty sure that's against the rules anyway.

My DSL Showcase