Author Topic: Light vs Dark: Rematch SBVA  (Read 13359 times)

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
Light vs Dark: Rematch SBVA
« on: September 02, 2017, 05:21:22 AM »

So here we are once again.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:11:29 PM by Guldenflame »
I have several opinions.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: Light vs Dark: Rematch SBVA
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 05:24:37 AM »
TIL Gulfstream is havoky. Never had that issue myself. Hope it doesn't prove to be a pain in the arse when you're recording.
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline Jammy Dodger

• The welsh idiot you probably dislike
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 05:28:22 AM »
Orc for captain of team light o/

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:21:02 AM »

Robot Evaluations and Why I Should Be Captain: I'm a man with a plan, and preparation is Step 1.

(Note: this post took lots of time to make due to shoddy internet. the formatting won't be the same throughout, and opinions change as you go down the list. This is a rambling evaluation, but at least i've actually evaluated the robots. If you're seeing this before this edit goes through, note that I think Hammerhead is better than what i gave it credit for originally.

Hammerhead (Team Dark/Ally): Sadly, probably the weakest of the team due to it's limited offense, but hopefully the frenzy hammer can pull off an upset or two.  Looks good. The armor and speed are it's best factors.

Challenge (Team Light/Enemy): It's fast, it's a gut ripper, but the supports for the egg beater make it easy to hit with a HS, and the wedges are limited so I reckon Dragoon, maybe Hammer head could be used to take this one out. Maybe Monster in the Parsol can take it out, as the overkillwedge will go under the eggbeater, and then the moros blade can hit the side of the egg beater supports and eventually can get to the eggbeater itself.

Crocodile smile: Is interesting, and has beaten Flipster before (RNP Violence), so if TGM is on Team light we've got a purpose built Flipster defeater, so we should hold onto Crocodile till we have a better chance of fighting flipster, or possibly Badger's flipper. Crocodile's an odd one though: he's really only good for picking up bots, pushing em around, slamming them about. I'm not sure that will work against all of our opponents. He's a niche bot, similar to B.B.S.

Executioner: Well bloody done Baconus, that's actually quite good.  :claping The tribar looks a bit odd but you've come a long way since Whacker and Hammatime. (use a Whyachi Tribar or do what i did for fighter next time perhaps) I still can't forgive you for what ever the hell you entered into our challenge match however, sorry. (joking.) This is probably our first choice robot for fighting Solaris, because I reckon Fighter would hit too high up to get the disc, and I don't think the Moros Blade of Jungle Party can beat the 2 Large Typhoon teeth.

Dragoon: MMMMMMMM. Looks good and with a gothic axe plus a sh**e load of wedges, this thing will do pretty well i think, but only if it fights a suitable opponent.

Solaris (Team Light/Enemy): Nasty looking HS, but as soon as the large teeth go i think it will start to lose it's fight. Jungle Party or Executioner to fight this, possibly Dragoon because of the sloped sides making it hard to land decisive blows, but not Fighter, as fighter's weaponry would probably hit the extender supports. Maybe Hammer head, because of the heavy plow on the front, but that's a last resort imo. If we could force Team Light's hand to get this bot out the way quickly, that'd be great, but IDK if we can. Plus those bloody flippers will be our biggest weakness imo.

Jungle Party(Team Dark/Ally): Why hello, Ray Billings. I haven't tested a moros blade, to be frank, but if Executioner doesn't fight Solaris, this should. It's also invertible, so the flippers may have a hard time.

Fighter Mk. II(Team Light/Ally/Own Entry): I feel this is proof i've come a long way from when i first started RA2, and especially a long way since Fighter and Brawler from Keep Your Enemies Close. Takes some time to spin up, but Gulden's AI'd it to back up after a hit, which is neato. It's got a weakness to being flipped, so the Captain (Which should be myself, drop out of the race Doot) cannot under any circumstances put me up against Badger's flipper or Flipster. (Especially Badger's Flipper)

Mecha Hitler (Team Light [for some reason]/Enemy/Literally Hitler): What. I reckon a flipper could take him out, but i don't think we have one. Crocodile Smile with a direct ram that lifts Hitler up and ootas him could work, but I feel he's too large to do that, and a error would end up pulling out all of the crocodile's teeth. Failing that, a tough as **** spinner might do the trick.

Monster in the parsol (Team Dark/Ally): can't tell from the half loaded image, but i'd say that's alright. A nippy spinner that might do some damage: probably useful as a safe bet, but that wedge being attached by a multiextender = dodgy wedge. A metal hinge would have been better. The wedge and wheels (which appear to be stacked) might take a good amount of hits, but this robot might not win. Not a bad robot by any means however.

Grindr(Team Light/Enemy): well f*** me that's a lot of saws. Feels very Black Hole (German Robot Wars champion, if you're wondering what i'm talking about)-esque. However, all those saws come at a cost of weight, and it appears that the extenders don't have armor panels. Also, i've got a feeling those extenders in much of the robot may be titanium, and possibly even aluminium due to weight. I think if you take a big, powerful spinner, you can turn Grindr back into it's constituent atoms. Or, if we get under him with BBS, we might get him beaten down. However, a front on attack will end up turning robots with weaponry that can't punt away Grindr into scrap metal. I'd send Jungle Party, Fighter, Executioner or

Paladin (Team Light/Enemy): Is that 3 bursts? Jesus christ. Hopefully they'll be the smaller bursts, such as the medium or smaller. If they are larger, he's definietly got less weight elsewhere, which reflects in his speed stat. Note I have't seen his armour stat, because of bad internet image loading. I think we may need to sacrifice a robot to this guy, maybe Hammerhead, or Monster in the Parsol. Sorry, you two. If he's slow, we might be able to spin up our HS's weapons before fighting him. And considering Jungle Party is invertible, if he's available when it comes to the point where fighting paladin is likely, he'll be our best shot. This is either somebody we lose to horribly, or we wait till it's likely we face him.

Axe Questions Later (Team Light/Enemy): It's dragoon, but built by a newb. I'll send Dragoon after him, or I'll send Big Black Saw if i want to get under him and cut him up.

Killshot (Team Light/Enemy): He's fast apparently, but a fast axe bot with no way to stop the opponent flying over the wedge is flawed in my opinion. Send a really stupidly fast robot at him, and he can't do sh**. Either that, or send a better axebot. Hence, we can send Hammerhead, or we can send Dragoon Evolution. Dragoon is better for spinners and flippers due to sloped sides, so send Hammerhead after this guy. Plus, hammerhead is fast as hell, so it'll disrupt his accuracy. Also, ive found that if Ironside Mk. IV, which uses a large pneumatic burst itself fires the burst and tips over onto it's back before it retracts finds it hard to self right. I think Killshot might suffer from this itself, so a fast robot that might force an error could win a battle. Perhaps Dragoon will be best for turning him over.

Big Black Saw (Team Dark/Ally): I think this is a niche robot: it looks cool, but it has to be precise with how it gets under it's opponents, has to attack from the front, and then needs to gut rip them without getting the saws hit at all. The supports around the saws may help with this but IDK. It looks cool tho.

The reason I want to be captain is that I have the ideas here, I just need the opportunity to put them into practice. Also, tournament records don't really matter when you are relying on other people's robots, so I think thats Doot's record advantage F1Krazy mentioned negated. I've explained my logic, I've got the plans, and I plan to adapt my plans to whatever the opposing captain does. I think that i'm the best for the Captain position, and remember you can still change your votes from Demon, people.

Also, while i'm doing a wall of text. the fact that the captain has to pick multiple robots to fight at the same time (including the next 4 in the first round, which is a right clusterf*** when it comes to strategy) means there's a nasty bit of luck involved in captaincy, Guldenflame, so I recommend for the next LvD tournament you fix that. Either that or I do a LvD ripoff that fixes that, but i'd rather you did a sequel to this.

TL:DR: I think our fights will be difficult, their flippers are gonna be an issue, no flippers on this team makes me sad, trust me, i have a plan, i'm thinking this through, what the f*** 090901, I will be best for Captain, change your vote if you trust me now.

beep beep

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 07:15:34 AM »
Gonna have to vote Roboteer for Team Captain, he's got some good wits and I feel he'd make good choices.  :smile:
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 07:37:52 AM »
I too vote for Orc for Team Light captain.

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 08:05:30 AM »
Badger for Captain of Darkmemes

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 08:06:01 AM »
i vote myself  :mrgreen:

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »
I'm voting MR.AS as captain for no reason so here's my opinion on our competitors

Apocolypse: Reminds me of double agent, simple yet nice
TB2000: Spicy, If it outwedges someone it will pull a storm 2 here (at least)
BBS: Its like a cross between Wrecks and S3, might do well since its saw stack can deweaponize anything
Phantom: Hi orc, It's Biohazard but with more creativity
Flipster 4: When you launch your bots so hard it bounces of the walls to prevent oota, good luck with that
Meatwad: Hi there ringmaster, This looks basic and nice
Koros: The muscleman of the team, the Ziggo of LVD:R and the host of robogames isn't f*cking around
SKH: It actually won against Paladin, be very afraid
Neo-Izzy: I cant wait for KillerTurtleG To smite me for cloning his bot
Gulfstream: Br-Brother, why did you join the other side? Yea looks well armoured, basically Black Dog from ARC But not invertible
OSC: I-I don't like it, but it looks like behemoth with exposed wheels and copying TR's colour scheme
DUSS: It's a shame that Mecanum wheels dont work in RA2, She's avenging after I killed his Husband
Swamp Beast: 3rd place? Jokes aside it looks aight
Carbonice: The champion of Death Battle, and the biggest threat in this tournament so far
NOSIT: Its Carbonice but with a stronger motor, basically our wingman just like koros
Bonesaw: Nice hybrid, So Sawblaze and a mix of Lockjaw?

I'm hyped
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 09:40:27 AM »
Turbo Blaster 3 is going to carry team light, calling it now.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »
Gulfstream: Br-Brother, why did you join the other side? Yea looks well armoured, basically Black Dog from ARC But not invertible
Gulfstream is technically invertible and is AIed as such, though the weapon hits the floor and and only the rear wheels touch the ground so the bot loses about 95% of its effectiveness
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »
Flipster 4: When you launch your bots so hard it bounces of the walls to prevent oota, good luck with that
And that is why this arena was a bad choice!

Anyways, hyped for this!

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »
I'm voting MR.AS as captain for no reason...
He's not on your team so...
I have several opinions.

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »
I'm voting MR.AS as captain for no reason...
He's not on your team so...
Whoops, I'm taking badger to be captain
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline doot

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »
C'mon, Badger, Make Team Dark Proud! :D

Offline kaiser

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: kaiser#0050
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 05:27:14 PM »
I also vote for Badger for Dark team captain.  :thumbup
Battles are won in the bot lab, tournaments are won in the bindings.py

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »
Oh right.  I forgot I entered this.

I'll vote Badger captain for Team Dark as well.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 08:04:58 PM »
I'll vote Badger captain for Team Dark as well.
This vote clinches Badger as Team Dark Captain unless people change their votes.

So I guess I'll set a deadline for Captain voting to sometime on the 4th of september.
I have several opinions.

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 01:22:55 AM »
id like to chane my vote to 09 as team capn

desu
beep beep

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 01:33:02 AM »
i'm voting for orc because his avatar looks like shrek
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.