Author Topic: I Fought The Law - SBVA  (Read 7090 times)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I Fought The Law - SBVA
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2017, 05:49:45 AM »
Nice driving with Dark Al's bot.
(Image removed from quote.)

Peep those numbers. In all honesty, I'm glad the RA2 devs had the foresight to give a sign as to whether robots are AI controlled or not.
First of all, I have a few points that needs to be clear up on Malleus and how it struggled to move before everyone decides on the "Shield is manually driving/rigging" the tournament conclusion that Geice and some other users had being pointing out. During when I was manually controlling Malleus in the test lab. Malleus show signs of having a large turning circle, the result of this was mainly due to the gyroscopic effect of the dual perms for Malleus' weapon. This isn't a problem when the weapon motor is off, but when I hold down the "Spin" button while turning the bot 45 degrees, a similar effect happen in vain to IRL bots similar to Sunshine Lollibot. Due to this, everytime when Malleus turned in large bursts such as turning 90 degrees sharply in any direction, the gyroscopic effect kicked onto one sides of the bot, allowing one of the law enforcement bot to easily get under Malleus and hitting Malleus around. Why Malleus struggled to move forward was heavily due to the position of the front plows and back, extender protection of the bot itself. If you looked carefully while watching the video, the front protection was completely low to the ground due to the Skirt hinge I used to put the extenders for the two front plows and the skirt backs, you did see that Malleus did move, but that only when the wheels were touching the ground and the plows weren't preventing the bot from moving forward from the plows being so low to the ground due to fears of having bots getting under Malleus. This may look like Shield wasn't moving the bot itself, but trust me if honestly wished to download the bot itself and tried to drive it, you'll see that the plows prevent the bot from moving far, unless the weapon motor was on and you have the drive moving forward. The same problem will occur even when you do drive it or AI the bot.   
Nice essay

So you got SHIELD to drive your bot because you ****ed up designing it and didn't make it stable enough. Seems totally fair.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2017, 06:22:19 AM »

Peep those numbers. In all honesty, I'm glad the RA2 devs had the foresight to give a sign as to whether robots are AI controlled or not.
First of all, I have a few points that needs to be clear up on Malleus and how it struggled to move before everyone decides on the "Shield is manually driving/rigging" the tournament conclusion that Geice and some other users had being pointing out. During when I was manually controlling Malleus in the test lab. Malleus show signs of having a large turning circle, the result of this was mainly due to the gyroscopic effect of the dual perms for Malleus' weapon. This isn't a problem when the weapon motor is off, but when I hold down the "Spin" button while turning the bot 45 degrees, a similar effect happen in vain to IRL bots similar to Sunshine Lollibot. Due to this, everytime when Malleus turned in large bursts such as turning 90 degrees sharply in any direction, the gyroscopic effect kicked onto one sides of the bot, allowing one of the law enforcement bot to easily get under Malleus and hitting Malleus around. Why Malleus struggled to move forward was heavily due to the position of the front plows and back, extender protection of the bot itself. If you looked carefully while watching the video, the front protection was completely low to the ground due to the Skirt hinge I used to put the extenders for the two front plows and the skirt backs, you did see that Malleus did move, but that only when the wheels were touching the ground and the plows weren't preventing the bot from moving forward from the plows being so low to the ground due to fears of having bots getting under Malleus. This may look like Shield wasn't moving the bot itself, but trust me if honestly wished to download the bot itself and tried to drive it, you'll see that the plows prevent the bot from moving far, unless the weapon motor was on and you have the drive moving forward. The same problem will occur even when you do drive it or AI the bot.   
Nice essay

So you got SHIELD to drive your bot because you ****ed up designing it and didn't make it stable enough. Seems totally fair.
In truth no. You see, I never told Shield through a PM that I messed up on the bot design and wanted him to drive it. At the time I thought that this was going to be like numerous other tournaments when the Host was going to AI like every other tournament I enter up to that point, so out of common sense, I expected that Shield would AI the bot instead of him Driving it. Also, I never told Shield about these faults either in hope of keeping the problems to myself to learn from my building mistakes. So, your assumption is nothing more that just a slip up into thinking that Shield was driving the bot, but this was nothing more that just a few build faults that I kept quite. 

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2017, 06:34:32 AM »
So it was another hosting error

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
>islanders
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2017, 10:21:14 AM »

Nice essay

In truth no. You see, I never told Shield through a PM that I messed up on the bot design and wanted him to drive it. At the time I thought that this was going to be like numerous other tournaments when the Host was going to AI like every other tournament I enter up to that point, so out of common sense, I expected that Shield would AI the bot instead of him Driving it. Also, I never told Shield about these faults either in hope of keeping the problems to myself to learn from my building mistakes. So, your assumption is nothing more that just a slip up into thinking that Shield was driving the bot, but this was nothing more that just a few build faults that I kept quite. 
Seriously, Weird Al, you could've just consolidated that post into "no".

So, is there a particular reason Dark-Al's bot wasn't AI driven?

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »

Nice essay

Seriously, Weird Al, you could've just consolidated that post into "no".

So, is there a particular reason Dark-Al's bot wasn't AI driven?

kinda sort of yes

no

dark Al's bot somehow did fine enough in initial testing (being able to move enough to get the splash shot and even a test fight or two without a hitch) but it wasnt until recently that i discovered that the bot was pretty much immobile and refused to move

i thought it would be unfair to run his bot in it's state without him being alerted about the mobility issues from the start. i couldnt let him update it either so i did what i did

but since this seems to be a bigger issue than it ought to be i rerecorded the matches with it being AI'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdnTc2mTOP4&feature=youtu.be

beep beep

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »
> rerecords Al's runs
> doesn't rerecord TGM's 1v1 run

literally what

Offline Shield

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2017, 12:12:25 PM »
> rerecords Al's runs

literally what

are you always this petty
beep beep

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »
> rerecords Al's runs

literally what

This is Badger we're talking about here.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
> rerecords Al's runs

literally what

**** me for wanting fairness in the tournament I entered, right? Are you going to allow 1 random entrant double the weight limit in your next tournament?

Offline Shield

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2017, 12:22:43 PM »
> rerecords Al's runs

literally what

**** me for wanting fairness in the tournament I entered, right? Are you going to allow 1 random entrant double the weight limit in your next tournament?

you see the difference between that and what happened is i had no control over the vs and whether it chooses to exit the arena early or not

i have control over signups

sh** happens princess.

EDIT: tilt 2's turn or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fg1wSMjZXQ&feature=youtu.be

beep beep

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
You all knew what you were signing up for when you entered this tournament. If you didn't read "I will restart 'unfair' fights" in the signups thread, don't assume it will happen. As far as I can tell, Shield has re-uploaded the actually problematic fight (the one that actual broke tournament hosting rules) and the tournament has no current problems which should prevent it from running, regardless of the fact that Neon may have an insurmountable lead.

Warnings will be handed out if things in this thread to continue stray away from the actual tournament because I don't want this to turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure because people are constantly debating in this thread rather than posting things actually related to the videos Shield will be putting out.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2017, 12:36:09 PM »
> rerecords Al's runs

literally what
Obviously sir. Douche here doesnt like the idea of me winning.

Offline Shield

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2017, 12:55:22 PM »
beep beep

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2017, 01:10:27 PM »

Offline Shield

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2017, 11:29:32 AM »

beep beep

Offline Shield

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
Guldenflame closes out the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4LiKW-oKA4&feature=youtu.be

tourneys over idk if you guys want awards or not but if you do we got a day

Award Categories:
-Luckiest Bot (that isn't NeonCalypso's)
-Best Looking Bot
-Unluckiest Bot
-Favourite Ugandan President
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:07:43 AM by Shield »
beep beep

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
-Luckiest Bot (that isn't NeonCalypso's): Dark-Ai
-Best Looking Bot: Thyrus
-Unluckiest Bot: Badger's computer
-Favourite Ugandan President: Uhh, Obote? Was he president?

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »
I have several opinions.

Offline doot

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »
Luckiest Non-NeonCalypso Robot: Uhhh... I dunno.
Coolest Robot: Thyrus' Tilt 2 (Love that bloody thing)
Unluckiest Robot: Guldenflame's Flawless Idea (for almost winning but being unlucky that Neon scraped victory through memery)
Best Ugandan President: What