Author Topic: Death Battle - SBV And Awards  (Read 17677 times)

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
Re: Death Battle - SBV And Awards
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2016, 05:45:25 PM »
Worst Robot: Man I am surprised by the fact my robot is getting so much hate here. The only notably bad part of her was the lifter working at the wrong times, something which I am to blame due to wiring it in the wrong fashion. But the main reasons why I am surprised are due to her battles in a grudge match and the Rumble.

I think the problem with your bot was that it sort of looked sloppy. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind your bot that much, but it didn't look like much effort had gone into it. The side panels looked flimsy because they stuck so far out from the body, the lifter on the back looked bad and when it fired it often went through the Frenzy hammer. I don't think it was bad for a newbie, and I highly recommend you open a showcase and/or actively post to it to improve your bots.

anyways, my votes:
Best Bot: Interplanetary. Just brillaint use of new age "ro1's new mod herpderp" extenders, and excellent use of interchangeable weaponry.
Worst Bot: The Living Whacked. Just... no. (the bot was slow, looked ugly, was not really in the spirit of IRL, and the way it had 4 hammers was unnecessary. Nice try baconus, hopefully you get it right next time. Keep showcasing in the meantime.
Coolest Bot: Carbonize. Just... yes, all of my yes.
Unluckiest Bot: Reading Steiner. I don't get why this was labeled a joke entry by Rob at some point, and the way it froze up suddenly was odd. We should totally block people from using Frenzy py somehow.
Most Feared Bot: John the Robbut, seemed unstoppable at first but it was proven false.
Best Battle: idk
(unofficial) Most BS bot: Stormchaser and it's drone as that drum had no real supports and just looked naff, and drones and distraction minibots = a dick blister. Frozen over is almost just as BS, but looks better and is cooler imo.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2016, 05:53:27 PM »
Worst Bot: The Living Whacked. Just... no. (the bot was slow, looked ugly, was not really in the spirit of IRL, and the way it had 4 hammers was unnecessary. Nice try baconus, hopefully you get it right next time. Keep showcasing in the meantime.
It was kinda a joke entree, to flash back to Reddit Bots.  But that is the end of the Whacker Series.
Didn't Win Anything Award GTM 2K17
Notable Tournament Entrees:
Bacon Emergency: 2nd Place in Emergency exit.
Spinner From the North: 2nd Place in SFTW Showdown
Abominable: 1st place in the MW division of The Cybernetic Colosseum

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2016, 05:58:42 PM »
oh god, is this the return of the boto joke entry?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Probably Rob

• The Forgotten Obscure Orgasmic Mime
  • Rep: 10
  • You might want your lips around my silent chorus
    • RobotMPire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:43 PM »
I didn't say Steiner was a joke entry, did I?

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2016, 06:03:03 PM »
I didn't say Steiner was a joke entry, did I?
It still looks like an armchair to me. It's imprinted on my mind now.

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2016, 06:21:39 PM »
So much hate for stormchasers exposed weapon motor when there was basicly a indestructible drone flying around  :gawe:

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2016, 06:47:53 PM »
It was kinda a joke entree, to flash back to Reddit Bots.  But that is the end of the Whacker Series.
It was a ****ing sh** joke. It simply was not funny, looked straight-faced and serious, and was a absolute disgrace in a IRL tournament. Get. Out. (But in less edgy terms, continue to showcase bots and improve so this never happens again, and prove me wrong.)
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2016, 06:49:56 PM »
So much hate for stormchasers exposed weapon motor when there was basicly a indestructible drone flying around  :gawe:
I mean the drones were a rule loophole, the weapon motor was just plain sh**ty IRL building
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Baconus_Yum

• The Master of Bacon
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • I like Bacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2016, 06:52:27 PM »
It was a ****ing sh** joke. It simply was not funny, looked straight-faced and serious, and was a absolute disgrace in a IRL tournament. Get. Out. (But in less edgy terms, continue to showcase bots and improve so this never happens again, and prove me wrong.)
I will pretend your opinion is not there.  But will continue to showcase.

Edit:  I think this is turning into a flame war :(
Didn't Win Anything Award GTM 2K17
Notable Tournament Entrees:
Bacon Emergency: 2nd Place in Emergency exit.
Spinner From the North: 2nd Place in SFTW Showdown
Abominable: 1st place in the MW division of The Cybernetic Colosseum

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2016, 06:57:11 PM »
There's been worse bots entered into IRL tournaments that were serious entries, so get of your high horse and stop bothering people who entered. He has nothing to prove to you because you are a ****ing bellend. Fair enough I can't say that I am entirely thrilled about the bot Baconus entered, but it's nothing to get so tightly wound up about.

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2016, 07:19:35 PM »
There's been worse bots entered into IRL tournaments that were serious entries, so get of your high horse and stop bothering people who entered. He has nothing to prove to you because you are a ****ing bellend. Fair enough I can't say that I am entirely thrilled about the bot Baconus entered, but it's nothing to get so tightly wound up about.
agree 100%. thank you for this post

Get. Out.
:rotflmao:

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2016, 09:04:21 PM »
Best Robot: carbonize
Worst Robot: the living whatever the **** it is
Coolest Robot: i like wham-o
Unluckiest Robot: john because it had to be nerfed
Most Feared Robot: carbonize

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2016, 07:26:26 AM »
I will pretend your opinion is not there.  But will continue to showcase.

Edit:  I think this is turning into a flame war :(

Ignoring opinions achieves nothing. Working on those opinions to improve your bots will.
To begin with, the hammer below the bar seemed unnecessary and unrealistic. The bar moved too slowly for any major damage, so you only could wear things down which made it harder to knock other bots out. The spin up time was too long, so look into changing the motor or lowering the weapon weight. I personally recommend taking off the underslung bar hammers. Try and make the bot look neater with a more bland skin till you learn to use custom texture skins. The slot decals were a good attempt but they made the skin look a bit ugly, but I could see what you were going for by having them kinda match up with the armor panels. Next time, maybe consider using some edge lines added as this should make it look slightly better in my opinion. Perhaps try a shell spinner instead of the bar, so you don't have to put the hammer on the bottom of the bar?

Actually, he can improve and defeat me in another tournament, proving he has succeeded and that my harsh criticism was unnecessary, therefore having something to prove. Also, I am getting "wound up" by it because it felt like he was trying to explain it away as a joke, when it felt like a way of getting out of improving. Also, you saying i am a "****ing bellend"? No sh**, Sherlock. This is the way i dispense advice: caustic, with a side order of opinions. Due to being in a hurry I was not capable of properly putting in advice, so I decided to write this post to give some ideas and thoughts on how to either improve the bot or give Baconus some ideas on what to do next. Apologies for failing to give advice with the criticism, Baconus.

Anyways, apologies to Baconus for the 'spirited' comments, but good luck with the next tournament you enter and I hope we get to face each-other at somepoint.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2016, 08:59:06 AM »
At the risk of a warning... You dispense advice like a cunt, act like one too, and again seem to think beating you in a fight would be a mark of progression, which is irrelevant. How about instead of leaving a vitriolic post and making sure you bold and italicise "Get. OUT." just right, you use that time instead to leave the advice or constructive criticism you 'didn't have time for'.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2016, 09:20:26 AM »
At the risk of a warning... You dispense advice like a cunt, act like one too, and again seem to think beating you in a fight would be a mark of progression, which is irrelevant. How about instead of leaving a vitriolic post and making sure you bold and italicise "Get. OUT." just right, you use that time instead to leave the advice or constructive criticism you 'didn't have time for'.

It would have him beat one of his biggest detractors and someone who has had it out for him since day one: cathartic and allows him to seek advice from others and would ensure I had no reason to act like a "cunt" to him, which I have toned down now to give some better advice: first comes the hatred and salt, secondly the decent advice. Unfortunately these often end up in desperate posts but eventually they get some advice so there is a benefit to it all.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline doot

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2016, 09:39:16 AM »
Okay, can we just all shut the hell up before this flame war goes out of bleedin' control and someone gets banned? Baconus' entry was not a good joke entrant, we get it, you don't need to relentlessly go at each-others throats as this is getting ridiculous. Avalanche, I get that you want to give Baconus_Yum criticism, I understand that, but being a total prick about it is not the way to go about it. Now can we all stop measuring eachother's d*cks before someone is banned?

Also, there's over 48 hours left for awards.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »
more like the living whack-off amiright?

Best Robot: john
Worst Robot: migliore
Coolest Robot: strawberry the trap
Unluckiest Robot: interplanetary
Most Feared Robot: carbonize
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2016, 10:54:43 AM »
Okay, can we just all shut the hell up before this flame war goes out of bleedin' control and someone gets banned? Baconus' entry was not a good joke entrant, we get it, you don't need to relentlessly go at each-others throats as this is getting ridiculous. Avalanche, I get that you want to give Baconus_Yum criticism, I understand that, but being a total prick about it is not the way to go about it. Now can we all stop measuring eachother's d*cks before someone is banned?
+1

If anyone continues this off-topic discussion any more, they'll get a warning. I'm tempted to just apply a warning to Ava, anyway, as he went OTT for no good reason, but I'll give everyone a verbal warning first.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »
avalanche smells

Best Robot: Icepick