Author Topic: CENTAURI 2 - Awards  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CENTAURI 2 - Awards
« on: October 08, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »
SBV
SPLASH

Congratulations to the winner, Thrackerzod!
Like last time, I mean it when I say everyone did great and made it a blast to host. I really appreciate everyone being respectful and very timely. I would love to host another later this winter after job slows down. Undecided on MW or LW. Stay tuned!

That being said, it's time to give out some awards to recognize the achievements of those you think deserve it. The categories are:
BEST DRIVER for who had the most driving skill, using their bot and the arena to their advantage the best.
BEST DESIGN for the most efficient, well constructed build.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN for which design pushed the limits of building and can inspire the building of others in ways maybe not considered before.
BEST NEWCOMER (evil toaster, Nightraven, Plerco, 090901) for who you think the best newbie was by attitude, performance, etc.
BEST MOMENT for your favorite moment from a match.

C&P:
My votes:

Competitors are encouraged to vote, but you may not vote for yourself. Voting closes in 1 week, 10/15.
Congrats to everyone involved!   :gawe:
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Nightraven Shade

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CENTAURI 2 - Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:17:48 PM »
Driver has to go to lightning i only ever had 1 shot at him in all our fights i just couldnt get around him.

Design lightning again just for way his bot was able to move around but still never have anything exposed.

innovative design i have to go with 090901 with Dan, to be able to pull that off as a LW and be competitive with such a ballsy design

best newcomer ill go with evil toaster driving someone elses bot is tough but was really unlucky as was within 3 seconds having a longer run in tournament.

best momment: i cant vote for myself so im going to vote for 090901 with dan getting hit with hammer and getting "naked" with his little bot scurrying around in his first match.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:33:22 PM by Nightraven Shade »

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »
Best Driver: The former chap was not messing around with his driving. Lightning effectively used the hazards in all of his fights while minimizing the amount that his bot interacted with them.

Best Design: Exactly Lethal holds up to it's name. The narrow and excessively long design ensures that no matter where you attack you're always being met with the weapon.

Innovative Design: Out of all the bots in the field, St manticore puzzled me the most. Reier's design created a very odd situation where the very common tactic of strafing around the opponent became useless. A bold move that could not be exploited to its full potential due to the number of single long wedged bots.

Best Newcomer: Yeah, Nightraven's got this one.

Best Moment: I may be biased but when 09's shell fell off I was simultaneously shocked and relieved. Certainly my highlight.
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Lightning S.

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • no one knows except the nose
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 03:19:24 PM »
BEST DRIVER - don't think i can vote for myself, so the obvious answer is thrackerzod. drove well enough to have an undefeated run
BEST DESIGN - i feel that 8bean's bot, while more defensive than offensive, makes a great mix of both and works well in the octagon.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN - thrackerzod's bot. in an AI tournament it would probably work horribly due to its lack of width, but he kept in mind when building that he would be able to pick and choose his attacks, thus taking advantage of a slim design.
BEST NEWCOMER - nightraven. not only did he step in at the last minute, but also made it all the way to 3rd place
BEST MOMENT - can i vote for an entire set here? if so, either winners finals or grand finals. if not, then my 1st match against nightraven in round 2 where my bot pulled off a suplex somehow

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
BEST DRIVER - uh, i won, so, me?  But since I can't vote for myself, I'll vote for Lightning since he came second.
BEST DESIGN - Lightning again, same reason.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN - Cooling Down, since it's not something that would ever be entered in an AI tornoment.
BEST NEWCOMER - NightRaven, for pulling 3rd with such a weird bot. I was a bit disappointed I never got to fight him.
BEST MOMEN - NightRaven pitting evil toaster with 3 seconds left on the clock

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 04:00:43 PM »
thanks to everyone who has voted. polls close in 2 days.

you dont need to have competed to vote!
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier