Author Topic: BTTB V - Splash, Brackets & Videos  (Read 65744 times)

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
BTTB V - Splash, Brackets & Videos
« on: July 14, 2015, 04:35:59 PM »
It's here! Welcome to BTTB V everybody!

Here's a list of what everybody had to rebuild.

Everybody, get predicting! I'm very excited to get this going! :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:07:11 PM by G.K. »
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)

Offline G.K.

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: BTTB V - Splash, Brackets & Videos
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 04:37:27 PM »
DP:

If anyone wants a list of the robots for predictions, find one below:

I'll post up such an analysis at some point.

RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
  • Rep: 7
  • [Insert clever and witty comment here]
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 04:52:09 PM »
Wow, some seriously good looking and scary bots here. Not to mention Badnik who has been quite liberal with his interpretation of an HS if that does what I think it does.
Better than GK since 2009.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
Bots look good.  I really like what Sage did with mine.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
Atomic Wedgie (RedAce) - One of the cleanest/best built bots here, should do really well
Bloody Massacre (Mystic2000) - one word: BADA$$
Clown Breath (Badnik96) - teh ghey, could do well but IIRC bad said it had plastic  :dead:
Crush? (Somebody) - I'm confused....the chassis doesn't work with the bot at all, don't see it doing that well.
Cube Crusher (Thrackerzod) - It's a popup, it all depends on the wedge really with the lack of HS
Cutting Cold (G.K.) - Prob won't due as well as the other popups just because of the lack of weaponry, but really will come down to the wedge
egapmaR (ty4er) - BUMBLEBEE!!!!!!
Extra Mouldy Cheese :D (Naryar) - well, i'm going to assume extra moudly means extra sloppy?  :dumb)
Heeellie Razer (Geice) - It's probably the most true to original bot here, dark horse right here.
I EVOLVED (Reier) -  love it  :heart_smiley:
Magnificent Mandrill (The Ounce) - It's like Veteran Destroyer but with a piston instead of a hammer, honestly don't see it doing well at all with how many popups there is.
Mechanized Warfare (Virus Bomb) -  :heart_smiley: :heart_smiley: :heart_smiley:
Shaver BX or whatever it is (Kill343gs) - one of the cooler bots here
Sidewinder Supreme (MassimoV) - I don't like how the razors are placed, nor do I like the fact Massimo made a popup instead of a hammer  :mad1:
Spinny Dinny (Sage) - YES
Swamp Ogre (Bubbleman) - If the wedges don't suck I feel like this could be one of the contenders to win this thing.
TEH CLAW OF DOOM!!!!! (090901) - Thankfully there isn't many HS, which means I actually stand a chance  :gawe:
Tempest of Nematodes (Martymidget) - le popup face
This Way Please (Squirrel_Monkey) - le popup face v2
Tribute to Tribute to Tribute to Mayhem (Mr. AS) - This thing spooks me, because I think if it gets under anybody,
Ultra Murder Pain Bot (Wacky Bob) - I guess it sort of different for a popup here.
VALVe (Pwnator) - its spooky

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »
My robot is bad, it's so bad. It needed like 3 more rebuilds than it got, and the execution is awful. Supposed to be an undercutting gut ripper with the RADs (supposed to be 4), and the hammer over the top because I needed it. Instead I spent 2 hours on that mess and called it a day.

#NumberOneSeed
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:26:38 PM »
Atomic Wedgie (RedAce) - Yeah, I don't think I am going to make it far.
Bloody Massacre (Mystic2000) - Could be a very unstable bot. Then again, it's essentially luck that chose this.
Clown Breath (Badnik96) - HW Lilasophobia? If that's the case, it might do well.
Crush? (Somebody) - I don't remember RAD spinners on Crush. Could be used pretty well here.
Cube Crusher (Thrackerzod) - Slightly dangerous at all? We shall see if it has got what it takes.
Cutting Cold (G.K.) - While irons on popups don't work, it's still a pop-up and could go far
egapmaR (ty4er) - i c wat u did thar. Pros: It's a crawler on an open arena. Cons: It's a crawler on an open arena.
Extra Mouldy Cheese :D (Naryar) - 3 Wheel Drive = Manly build. Looks a little more defensive than offensive.
Heeellie Razer (Geice) - Give this man an award for most accurate successor. This is beautiful.
I EVOLVED (Reier) - Yes you have, but the question is, did you downgrade? In certain categories, you did, but the others I don't think so.
Magnificent Mandrill (The Ounce) - It may not be amazing in combat, but might put up a great show.
Mechanized Warfare (Virus Bomb) - This one looks tough. Don't count this one out so easily. It could do very well.
Shaver BX or whatever it is (Kill343gs) - Pretty accurate and looks pretty formidable.
Sidewinder Supreme (MassimoV) - Lots of armor, wedges might be a problem however.
Spinny Dinny (Sage) - While on flails, this bot makes them look cool.
Swamp Ogre (Bubbleman) - Might toss around a lot of bots here assuming it can get under them.
TEH CLAW OF DOOM!!!!! (090901) - Might do a good job fending off the three HS's here.
Tempest of Nematodes (Martymidget) - If you can win with swords, color me impressed.
This Way Please (Squirrel_Monkey) - Could be the next popup to win another BTTB.
Tribute to Tribute to Tribute to Mayhem (Mr. AS) - It could do a good job juggling around these bots with the flippers and gutripping VS weapons.
Ultra Murder Pain Bot (Wacky Bob) - Best. Name. Ever. I don't know if do the same performance-wise.
VALVe (Pwnator) - Cool looking bot and might do well here. If I beat it, will we get Half-Life 3? :dumb)
Hammer Fisted (Byebot) - It's as good as a Bye-Bot needs to be.

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 05:56:19 PM »
i got mr as winning this

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 06:41:57 PM »
am i the only one upset that ty4er blatantly entered bumblebee

besides that though im excited for this
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline G.K.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:16 PM »
My thoughts:

Atomic Wedgie (RedAce) - Well armoured, damaging weapon - generally very well built. The big problem imo is 2WD.

Bloody Massacre (Mystic2000) - My favourite bot by miles, it's ridiculous. And it can't stay on its feet. BUT - the battleaxes kill you swiftly if they get hits in.

Clown Breath (Badnik96) - While it does have plastic it's also got such ridiculous sweeping ability that almsot nothing ever gets to it. My bet to win tbh.

Crush? (Somebody) - It's decent if it manages to trap bots but the chassis leaves it really exposed.

Cube Crusher (Thrackerzod) - It's got a lot of weapons, with   funky DDT setup too. If it gets under a bot they are dead.

Cutting Cold (G.K.) - People can say Irons are bad on popups but this still does the job very well. Also I've lucked out on the wedge front.

egapmaR (ty4er) - It's essentially Bumble Bee (Remember that time I entered Bumble Bee in a BOTM Sage? Foolish 15-yo me :P). Will hurt things that can't shove it out, but a lot of stuff can.

Extra Mouldy Cheese :D (Naryar) - this was a last minute entry and it shows :P

Heeellie Razer (Geice) - Lovely rebuild, absolutely lovely. Suffers from the single wedge but really damaging if it gets under you.

I EVOLVED (Reier) - Reier absolutely nailed the paintjob. Decent bot too, though I have to pause load.

Magnificent Mandrill (The Ounce) - Could have done with some airtanks, Ounce :P

Mechanized Warfare (Virus Bomb) - Absolutely lovely bot. Powerful, well defended, stable and good looking.

Shaver BX or whatever it is (Kill343gs) - The second stock Shaver BX rebuild I absolutely love (Yes I now the other was mine). This will dismember you if you let it.

Sidewinder Supreme (MassimoV) - Probably the most deadly popup weapon wise and well armoured too. Dunno how it manages both of those while being 50kg underweight.

Spinny Dinny (Sage) - Surprisingly effective and beautiful bot. The if the flails didn't have such low HP this would be a real favourite of mine to win.

Swamp Ogre (Bubbleman) - Another one where wedges are really important. Should do alright.

TEH CLAW OF DOOM!!!!! (090901) - Will kill you if it's underneath you. Strong side hammer and well armoured.

Tempest of Nematodes (Martymidget) - I have no idea why Marty chose swords - the normals really screw tis DP over, but it's stylish and wedges are decent. It just might take some time to kill you :P

This Way Please (Squirrel_Monkey) - Generally really good popup. Hella ugly though SM :P

Tribute to Tribute to Tribute to Mayhem (Mr. AS) - All around good bot. Love the choice of name.

Ultra Murder Pain Bot (Wacky Bob) - The bracket wedges have a habit of keeping opposing bots away from the smartzone and it doesn't drive particularly straight. Deadly if it can hit you though and brilliant name.

VALVe (Pwnator) - <3 <3 <3 The weapons at that angle are less effective than they could be, unfortunately.

Hammer Fisted (Byebot) - Nice and rip-up able.

Offline martymidget

• Rep: 7
  • Mr Flibble is very cross.
    • http://tts.imtranslator.n
    • View Profile
    • :)
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 07:18:49 PM »
Tempest of Nematodes (Martymidget) - I have no idea why Marty chose swords - the normals really screw tis DP over, but it's stylish and wedges are decent. It just might take some time to kill you :P

Haven't entered a really serious BTTB bot yet. Not gonna change anytime soon. Style points :P

Offline G.K.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »
This is very true.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
I EVOLVED (Reier) - Reier absolutely nailed the paintjob. Decent bot too, though I have to pause load.
fun fact i was too lazy to look at the actual robot and i did it from memory hahaha

also be honest my bot sucks
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 09:46:03 PM »
fun fact i was too lazy to look at the actual robot and i did it from memory hahaha

also be honest my bot sucks

Well it looks hella terrifying.

Picks to win are Reier, Redace, Ty4er and Sage

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 10:14:25 PM »
Crush? (Somebody) - I don't remember RAD spinners on Crush. Could be used pretty well here.

G. K. said "including a mace hammer" which I abused the hell out of because I've never built a hammer bot before, and it was an even worse hammer bot than it is as a screwy hybrid

Offline G.K.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 10:15:36 PM »

G. K. said "including a mace hammer" which I abused the hell out of because I've never built a hammer bot before, and it was an even worse hammer bot than it is as a screwy hybrid

What about your BTTB 3 bot? :P

Also I've filmed most of R1 now. I will progress with the tourney tomorrow regardless of the final 2 submissions.

Offline Somebody

• SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 10:22:32 PM »

Also I've filmed most of R1 now. I will progress with the tourney tomorrow regardless of the final 2 submissions.

We don't speak of that horrific abomination. And picture that but with maces...

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 10:26:11 PM »

Scrap  :(

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 11:14:47 PM »
Picks to win are Reier, [...]

you fool
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline The Ounce

• Rep: 4
  • Up and about
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 02:07:20 AM »
Hmm... only bots I stand a chance against are Sage's, Ty4er's, the byebots, and maybe Badnik's.  Everything else has a wedge and therefore will beat me.  Oh well, this is what happens when you lose motivation and put it off until the last day.

Could have done with some airtanks, Ounce :P
Tournament Record: 94 Wins - 50 Losses
Challenge Record: 2 Wins - 2 Losses