Author Topic: BBEANS5 Brackets and Videos  (Read 77911 times)

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
BBEANS5 Brackets and Videos
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »
Click here for brackets and match videos.
Click here for rankings.

Latest update:  finals, rumble, and champions' rumble.

For every BBEANS so far, I've posted a synopsis of each fight here so you can know what happened without having to download all the videos.  I'm still doing something similar, but it will be slightly different.  Instead of describing each fight in detail (and therefore spoiling everything if you haven't seen the videos), I will make some vague comments to give you an idea of what happens without necessarily spoiling anything.

I also put a rating after each fight on a five-star scale, 5 being championship-worthy material and 1 being akin to two BrasOuverts fighting each other.  So now you know which fights are must-sees and which ones you can pass on if you want, all without spoiling anything for yourself.

Of course, if you want to find out who won without watching the video, I have written the final results in white text below each fight description.  To view the spoilers, just highlight it.

Thanks again to Firebeetle for the excellent background music!

Highlights:

--RUMBLES--

SurgicalStrike vs. Vela vs. Big Flip's Revenge vs. Trojan Horse ***
Nothing especially spectacular happens here, but there's plenty of the backstabbing you come to expect from four-way brawls, and it's never boring with four of the best heavyweights in BBEANS all fighting at once, even with lag (which there is quite a lot of).
Vela wins with 1 KO; SurgicalStrike also gets 1 KO.

Copyright Infringement vs. 45-70 Magnum vs. PitA 8 vs. BBEANS5 Champion ****
SPOILER ALERT: Obviously, since the BBEANS5 Champion is in this rumble, you should watch the finals first if you don't want anything spoiled.
These bots are all champions, but one of them will prove itself to be the champion of champions.  With that caliber of competition in the arena, you expect a good fight, and this one does not disappoint.  No bot will emerge from the fray unscathed; it's just a matter of who will be most able to endure the scathing these bots will dish out to each other.  And it's going to be close: I can safely tell you that the winner is just one chassis hit away from death when the match ends.
Copyright Infringement wins with 1 KO; BBEANS5 Champion also gets 1 KO.

--FINALS--

Seism 13 vs. R4 *****
It all comes down to a battle of wedges, and fortunately, this fight is unlike most other such battles.  There are twists, turns, and unexpected reversals amongst some truly impressive blows--all in all, a struggle worthy of the finals.
Fight 1 - R4 wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Seism 13 gets 1 KO.
Fight 2 - Seism 13 wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; R4 gets 1 KO.

--SEMIFINALS--

Copyright Infringement vs. Seism 13 ****
In less than 2 minutes, one of these bots will go on to the finals.  Will it be MikeNCR, the former champion already well on his way to claiming a second title?  Or will it be Firebeetle, whose fearsome popup has utterly dominated horizontal spinner after horizontal spinner?  Based on Seism 13's track record, Copyright Infringement seems to be at a disadvantage (major understatement there), although there is one factor unaccounted for: all of Seism 13's previous opponents have been 36-mace spinners.  While mace spinners may be better against other horizontal spinners, it's a well-known fact that iron spike/razor tip spinners are better against wedges, as Copyright Infringement showed with its fight versus R4 (although AI also played a not inconsiderable part in that fight).  Copyright Infringement is still at a disadvantage, what with having to break through Seism 13's 5 ram plates and all, but perhaps it is not as great a disadvantage as you think.
Seism 13 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

--Loser's Bracket--

REMATCH: R4 vs. Copyright Infringement ****
The winner of this fight will go on to face Seism 13 in the grand finals: either Copyright Infringement will get a rematch against the first bot to defeat MikeNCR in BBEANS, or Seism 13 will finally face another popup where its adjustable wedges may be necessary.  Copyright Infringement defeated R4 quite handily in the quarterfinals, but that was when R4's AI was working at less than optimum potential.  It's since been upgraded, but will it be enough to turn around R4's previous loss?  AI wasn't the only reason it lost, after all.  Or was it?
R4 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.  All of them in one hit.  I do believe R0B0SH4RK now holds the record for fastest match time in BBEANS.

--QUARTERFINALS--

R4 vs. Copyright Infringement ***
Considering the power behind these bots, this match is disappointingly long and uneventful.  There's still no shortage of flips and parts flying around, but you'll have to wait to find out who eventually wins.  I'll say one thing: I was expecting R4 to utterly dominate this fight, but it turns out these bots are surprisingly evenly matched, and the fight could have gone either way.
Copyright Infringement wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; R4 gets 1 TKO.  FYI R0B0, my offer to change R4 to Popup AI still stands...

Seism 13 vs. Shadow Tyrant ***
With its all-encompassing frontal wedge, Shadow Tyrant doesn't much care which way Seism 13 adjusts its wedges, and so the fight becomes an ordinary battle of wedginess, may the wedgiest wedge win.  Provided, of course, that no one makes any serious driving errors...
Seism 13 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.  I don't know what's up with Shadow Tyrant's driving in round 2 and 3.  It's not anything to do with the AI; I double checked the Bindings to make sure.  Just random chance and bad luck I guess.

--Loser's Bracket--

REMATCH: R4 vs. SurgicalStrike ****
R4 may have won 3-0 the last time these two bots tangled, but it didn't get under SurgicalStrike every time: one of R4's KO's was scored while it was upside-down and trying to self right.  If SurgicalStrike can get under R4 again, it has a very real chance of getting its revenge here--really, what are the chances that R4 would KO it with a self right attempt again?  And as if that wasn't enough to make R0B0SH4RK a little nervous, remember that: 1) Every BBEANS so far has been won by a rookie.  And, 2) R1885 is the last rookie in the tournament.
R4 wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; SurgicalStrike gets 1 KO.

--ROUND 9--

Absolute Chaos vs. R4 ***
A very short and sweet match, possibly the fastest one so far.  R0B0SH4RK claims that R4 is designed to take out bots like Absolute Chaos, but after his close loss to Copyright Infringement, it's looking doubtful that this will prove to be anything but bluster.  However, R4's switch from Omni to Popup AI may make a difference here, as well as Absolute Chaos's more exposed weapon motors.  On the other hand, R4 isn't going to be flipping the invertible Absolute Chaos and letting it get immobile like it did with Copyright Infringement.
R4 wins 2-1 with 1 KO and 1 TKO; Absolute Chaos gets 1 KO.

SurgicalStrike vs. Shadow Tyrant ***
Another very fast match, with the result depending on who gets under who.  Regular small wedges tend to be better than Emergency wedges overall, but we know that Shadow Tyrant's wedges are on about equal footing with Seism 13, and Seism 13 has good wedges.  SurgicalStrike is no slouch when it comes to wedges either though, so this fight is bound to be a close one.  Just so long as Shadow Tyrant doesn't make any of the same driving mistakes it did against Seism 13.
SurgicalStrike wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Shadow Tyrant gets 1 KO.

--ROUND 8--

T-800 Terminator vs. Absolute Chaos ***
Is a row of four weapon-breaking ram plates and 2 razor tips enough for T-800 to overcome Absolute Chaos's extra 9 maces?  I don't think so, but I didn't think T-800 could beat Bumble Bee either, so let's not write off Starcore until we see the video.  That is, if you can see anything at all through the mounds of maces coating the arena floor... I have never seen so many maces scattered over the arena.  Almost 63 total!
Absolute Chaos wins 3-0 with 1 KO, 1 TKO, and 1 WBP.

Trojan Horse vs. SurgicalStrike ***
Insult to Injury's wins may have been more shocking, but Pwnator is making a good run for Best Rookie himself.  (So is R1885 for that matter, but I don't really think of him as a rookie since he's been around a long time.)  Trojan Horse has already proved against Cocytus IV that dual-wedged bots aren't necessarily an automatic loss for TH, so while this fight will still come down to who has the better wedge, don't assume that wedge placement will decide the outcome.
SurgicalStrike wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Trojan Horse gets 1 KO.

--ROUND 7--

--Loser's Bracket--

T-800 Terminator vs. Death Dealer *****
When two powerful horizontal spinners clash, you know something is bound to happen.  Usually, that's just a lot of maces and iron spikes slowly breaking off until one bot runs out and the other one wins.  Not here.  Oh, there's plenty of maces and iron spikes flying around (as well as a few wheels and ram plates), but don't think for a minute that this will be a simple war of attrition.  One of the best fights of the tournament so far--it's so good, I couldn't bear to cut it down to 5 minutes long, so I left on an extra minute of footage.  (It's still heavily cut and edited, though; the full length would have been easily over 10 minutes.  HS on HS battles are laggy.)
T-800 Terminator wins 2-1 with 1 KO and 1 WBP; Death Dealer gets 1 TKO.

REMATCH: Big Flip's Revenge vs. Absolute Chaos ***
Big Flip's Revenge has already lost once to Absolute Chaos, which, being a horizontal spinner, is one of the very few bots that seems capable of surviving BFR's deadly tag-team tactics.  The Big Flips are not necessarily doomed, however: they flipped Absolute Chaos out of the arena in one of their fights, and almost won another before a Havok explosion required a restart.  And with a name containing the word "Revenge", the Big Flips seem to stand a good chance here.  This match is over before you know it.
Absolute Chaos wins 3-0 with 6 KO's.

Trojan Horse vs. Cocytus IV *****
Now this is a 5-star battle!  I've been waiting for something just like this before giving out the big 5.  One of these bots will get under the other at the beginning of this fight, but that's only the beginning.  Surprise after surprise occurs as first one bot, then the other gains the upper hand, even after you think there's no possible way for a comeback to happen.  Dare I say it's better than Red, Red, Green? vs. Hazardous Contraption from BBEANS4?
Trojan Horse wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Cocytus IV gets 1 KO.

Vela vs. SurgicalStrike ***
SurgicalStrike had better live up to its name, because that chassis on Vela is an absurdly small target.  Deviate just a little in any direction, and SurgicalStrike will just end up eating maces.  Not many surprises here, but it's fast and these bots are delivering some big hits that are worth seeing.
SurgicalStrike wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Vela gets 1 KO.

--ROUND 6--

--Loser's Bracket--

T-800 Terminator vs. Bumble Bee ****
There are but two ways to beat Bumble Bee: flip it out of the arena, or survive long enough to let the arena flippers do it for you.  The first option is clearly out for T-800 Terminator, so the fight all comes down to how fast Bumble Bee can rip through all of T-800's defenses.  Let me tell you, this is a CLOSE one--if the fights were even as little as 5 seconds shorter or longer, there could have been drastically different results.
T-800 Terminator wins 2-1 with 2 TKO's; Bumble Bee gets 1 KO.

Big Flip's Revenge vs. No Hype 5 ***
Trojan Horse couldn't do it.  Bounty Hunter couldn't do it.  What chance does No Hype 5 have against the deadly popup duo?  Not much, but bots have gotten lucky before.  Although with the amount of friendly fire passing between the two Big Flips, No Hype may not need it...
Big Flip's Revenge wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Insult to Injury V vs. Trojan Horse ****
After thoroughly humbling Cardiac Arrest, Mace in da face, and PitA 8, the aptly-named Insult to Injury is quickly gaining notoriety as an unpredictable dark horse.  But now the dark horse is coming up against another kind of horse--a Trojan Horse.  (Isn't horse fighting illegal or something?)  If Insult to Injury can get under PitA, it can certainly get under Trojan Horse, but when you're dealing with the kind of luck Insult to Injury has, anything can--and does--happen.  This fight is very close to being worthy of 5 stars.
Trojan Horse wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Insult to Injury V gets 1 KO.

Crawl Through Knives v4.2 vs. Vela ****
Vela's strange propensity to climb on top of its opponents was a major boon against Spearhead and the black plague, but here it may prove to be a disadvantage, because the one place you don't want to be on Crawl Through Knives is on top of it.  All Crawl Through Knives has to do to Vela is keep it there to chew away at its vulnerable underside.  Easier said than done, though... this fight isn't going to end without a whole lot of damage being dealt first.
Vela wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

--ROUND 5--

--Loser's Bracket--

T-800 Terminator vs. Hellbringer ***
The only way Hellbringer can do serious damage to T-800 Terminator is to get under it--T-800 just plain outweapons Hellbringer.  This strategy worked against Anti-Christ V.Pincer, but there's no denying that T-800 is a better built bot.  Plenty of damage being dealt here, but you gotta be patient because it happens slowly.
T-800 Terminator wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Bumble Bee vs. 45-70 Magnum ****
45-70 Magnum is rather slow, but aside from that small fact, it's the perfect bot to beat Bumble Bee with.  It's durable, it has lots of weapons, and it has a row of upper spikes to shove Bumble Bee with and keep it off of Magnum's top.  With 4WD, 45-70 Magnum could probably shove Bumble Bee out of the arena quite easily, but as it is it will probably have to rely more on the arena flippers to do the job.  This fight has both large-scale destruction and some impressive air time off the flippers.
Bumble Bee wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; 45-70 Magnum gets 1 TKO.

Big Flip's Revenge vs. Bounty Hunter ***
Another big-bot-versus-two-little-popups fight.  So far in this tournament, no bot has been fast enough to KO one of the Big Flips before the other one gets in its rear, but with its 4WD and heavy armor, perhaps Bounty Hunter has what it takes to kill a Big Flip, turn around, and get under the second one.  If not, Pyscolone is going to wish he had a bit more extra weight for back armor.
Big Flip's Revenge wins 3-0 with 3 KO's; Bounty Hunter gets 2 KO's.

Revenge Of Dr. Wham vs. No Hype 5 ****
No Hype 5 is far less powerful than Revenge Of Dr. Wham, but if it can just get under Dr. Wham, that's not going to matter because Dr. Wham won't be able to hit it.  In terms of getting under, No Hype 5 has the advantage with 4WD.  On the other hand, Dr. Wham has a much greater chance of self-righting and recovering if No Hype gets under it, while if Dr. Wham gets under No Hype, it's definitely not coming back.
No Hype 5 wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Revenge Of Dr. Wham gets 1 KO.

Insult to Injury V vs. PitA 8 ****
A couple weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought twice before declaring PitA 8 the winner of this fight.  After Insult to Injury's shocking defeat of Mace in da face, however, this is one bot I'm not inclined to underestimate again.  Granted, I don't see how Insult to Injury could possibly get under PitA's wedges, especially after it lost to Bounty Hunter, but somehow I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.
Insult to Injury V wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; PitA 8 gets 1 KO.
Wait, what?  That did NOT just happen... did it?  Let me try again...
Insult to Injury V wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; PitA 8 gets 1 KO.
Yup, I guess it DID happen.  Wow.  I have no idea how ItI pulled that off with just a chassis wedge.

Trojan Horse vs. The Emancipator ***
Another fight that's almost entirely based on who gets under the other bot first.  In theory, The Emancipator should get under Trojan Horse most of the time with its widely spaced dual wedges.  However, that might be harder to do in practice with The Emancipator's weapons spinning and possibly upsetting the bot's balance.  This fight could go either way.
Trojan Horse wins 2-1 with 2 TKO's; The Emancipator gets 1 KO.

Oscillation Overthruster vs. Crawl Through Knives v4.2 ***
Crawl Through Knives almost beat Death Dealer, so Oscillation Overthruster should be a piece of cake.  Right?  On the other hand, OO has very light weapons, which means they spin very fast, which might make it harder to scoop up.  Let's just say that one of these bots is going to be stripped down to nearly a bare chassis.
Crawl Through Knives v4.2 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Vela vs. the black plague ****
Normally, fights between two horizontal spinners, while filled with destruction, are slow and get boring.  Not in this case.  The damage comes fast and furious, and ends with one bot reduced to little more than a tiny battery box.

--ROUND 4--

--Winner's Bracket--

SurgicalStrike vs. R4 ****
Another popup battle, and as always, the winner comes down to who has the better wedge, regardless of the interesting fact that R4 has a ludicrous number of razor tips while SurgicalStrike has an equally ludicrous number of burst motors.  However, there is at least one surprise ending in this fight, so don't write off either bot as dead if it happens to be flipped upside-down...
R4 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Copyright Infringement vs. Cocytus IV ****
If this isn't the most violent match so far in BBEANS5, then it certainly comes close.  Both bots take turns ripping each other to shreds, and you can never tell which bot will finally break down first until just before the killing blow is dealt.  The last round is especially destructive.
Copyright Infringement wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Cocytus IV gets 1 KO.

Seism 13 vs. Absolute Chaos ****
The other two 36-mace spinners in this tournament are both down - can Seism 13 go 3 for 3 with a 3-0 win against the granddaddy of them all?  One thing is for certain: this is going to be an intense, edge-of-your-seat match.
Seism 13 wins 2-1 with 2 TKO's; Absolute Chaos gets 1 KO.

Shadow Tyrant vs. Death Dealer ***
Aside from an annoyingly shaky camera caused by Havok in the first round, this is a good, if not quite spectacular, fight.  Lots of death is dealt, though there are not too many surprises here.
Shadow Tyrant wins 2-1 with 1 KO and 1 TKO; Death Dealer gets 1 KO.

--Loser's Bracket--

Mjorhmei vs. T-800 Terminator ***
Mjorhmei may not look like it can stand up to a well-built horizontal spinner like T-800 Terminator, but remember, its loss to Death Dealer was only 1-2... if it can flip Death Dealer out of the arena once, there is a very real possibility that it could do it once more against T-800.  As in the fight against Death Dealer, however, Mjorhmei will need to act fast before T-800 rips through all its armor.

Vetearn Destroyer vs. Bumble Bee ***
Vetearn Destroyer's hammer will have about as much effect as a cup of water on the sun in this fight.  The rest of the bot, however, may have a chance at doing something.  As one of the surpisingly few four-wheel drive, non-wedge bots in the tournament, if any bot is capable of bumping the Bumble over the walls for a win by TKO, it's Vetearn Destroyer.
Bumble Bee wins 2-1 with 1 KO and 1 WBP; Vetearn Destroyer gets 1 TKO.

Big Flip's Revenge vs. Three Kings ***
Horizontal spinners are normally difficult opponents for multibots to take on, but Three Kings has a weakness most other horizontal spinners don't: the back.  A couple of hits there, and it won't matter how much damage Three Kings is doing from the front.  Of course, with the momentum of the weapons twisting it about, don't expect Three Kings to stay facing the same direction very long.
Big Flip's Revenge wins 3-0 with 2 KO's.  (The other win was a Havok forfeit.)

Heaven's Sawmill vs. Revenge Of Dr. Wham ***
Whoever can get under the other bot first is most likely to win this.  Unless Dr. Wham can one-hit kill Heaven's Sawmill, though, it will have to deal with the Sawmill's deadly out-of-control tumbling, while if Heaven's Sawmill fails to one-hit kill Dr. Wham, there's still not much Dr. Wham can do while it's being juggled a meter or two in the air.
Revenge Of Dr. Wham wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Heaven's Sawmill gets 1 KO.

Mace in da face vs. Insult to Injury V ***
Exposed chassis.  Slow drive.  Few weapons.  The only thing Insult to Injury has going for it is the wedge shape and its flipping power, and it will take a miracle for that to be enough to beat Mace in da face.
Insult to Injury V wins 2-1 with 2 TKO's; Mace in da face gets 1 KO.

Do Geese See God? / I Did Roll, or Did I? vs. Trojan Horse ***
Trojan Horse didn't fare so well against Big Flip's Revenge in round 1, but now that there's only one popup and a rather unreliable rammer to deal with instead of two popups, perhaps it has a chance.  As long as the AI stays focused on one bot at a time and doesn't become too confused with both bots near...
Trojan Horse wins 2-1 with 4 KO's; Do Geese See God? / I Did Roll, or Did I? gets 1 TKO.

Gut Ripper 2 vs. Oscillation Overthruster ***
Oscillation Overthruster out-weapons Gut Ripper 2, and there's no way around it this time like there was against gears your lever.  Gut Ripper will need to hit OO's extenders while protecting its own in order to win, which is admittedly a long shot.
Oscillation Overthruster wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Spearhead vs. Vela **
UGH.  This has got to be the laggiest match yet.  Especially in the third round--the FPS was consistently in the single digits.  What would otherwise be a fairly entertaining fight is somewhat more boring when you have to watch it all in slow motion.  Also, it's weird how both of these bots have two snow plows, Slipperbottom wheels, and the exact same skin (which also happens to be a green version of Bumble Bee's skin), but totally opposite weapon systems.  Will the mace spinner prevail, or the iron spike rammer?

--ROUND 3--

--Winner's Bracket--

45-70 Magnum vs. SurgicalStrike ***
Whoever has the better wedge will definitely have an advantage in this fight, but it will not necessarily decide the winner, as 45-70 Magnum is still surprisingly dangerous when it's upside-down...
SurgicalStrike wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; 45-70 Magnum gets 1 KO.

Hellbringer vs. R4 ***
With 20 razor tips, R4 can afford to be more aggressive with its weapon than most popups.  Hellbringer will have to count on this causing R4 to fire its weapons early, because just one solid hit on Hellbringer's bottom is going to be a crippling blow.
R4 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

No Hype 5 vs. Copyright Infringement ****
No Hype 5 can't take very many hits from Copyright Infringement before it will become inoperative, but Copyright Infringement can take even less flips from No Hype 5 before it may land helpless on its back or bounce out of the arena.  The match is pretty much decided after the first few seconds, but it's still quite entertaining to watch.
Copyright Infringement wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Bounty Hunter vs. Cocytus IV ***
Bounty Hunter's caster-armored front may be more hindrance than help here, as there is a fairly good chance of Cocytus's wedges getting snagged in between the rows of casters and Bounty Hunter being unable to hit it.  And if Cocytus gets under Bounty Hunter, well then those casters are just going to be that much dead weight.  Then again, the casters do give Bounty Hunter good weight distribution on the wedges... this fight could go either way.
Cocytus IV wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Bounty Hunter gets 1 TKO.

Seism 13 vs. The Emancipator ***
Finally, Seism 13 gets a break from 36-mace horizontal spinners (not that it really needs one after the effortless ownage it dished out in its last two fights).  The Emancipator may prove to be a more elusive target if it starts flopping out of control, and if it gets under Seism 13, even those adjustable wedges won't save Seism until it can employ them in the next fight.  Seism 13 is going to need some fast, solid chassis hits to win.

PitA 8 vs. Absolute Chaos ****
Here it is, folks.  The unstoppable force meets the immovable object.  The most talked-about spinner in the tournament takes on the reigning champion's caster-armored popup for all the marbles.  By all the laws of drama, this should have been at least a semifinal match.  Oh well, that just means we get to see some top-notch action a little earlier than normal.
Absolute Chaos wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

the black plague vs. Shadow Tyrant ***
It will be easy for Shadow Tyrant to KO the black plague with just a few well-placed hits.  The problem will be in actually getting a shot at the chassis, since the black plague covers so much area.  Fortunately for Shadow Tyrant, it's got those six ram plates to absorb plenty of damage while it tries to line up a killing blow.
Shadow Tyrant wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Crawl Through Knives v4.2 vs. Death Dealer ***
4WD would really help Crawl Through Knives here.  With a little more speed, Death Dealer would have no chance of winning.  But CTK only has 2WD, which admittedly makes for a much more interesting fight.
Death Dealer wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Crawl Through Knives v4.2 gets 1 KO.

--Loser's Bracket--

Dark July vs. Mjorhmei ***
We've already seen that Mjorhmei has a surprisingly powerful weapon, but is it powerful to lift the most front-heavy bot in the tournament?  If anything can ram Mjorhmei's hammers for long enough to start breaking them, it's Dark July.
Mjorhmei wins 3-0 with 2 KO's and 1 TKO.

T-800 Terminator vs. Stratocaster ****
Stratocaster is at a distinct disadvantage here: T-800 outnumbers it with weapons, and Stratocaster has no way to get around T-800's barrier of spinning maces; it has to break through in order to reach the vulnerable chassis.  But at the very least, you can bet a 6-wheel drive pneumatic rammer with a decent (if not quite enough to outweapon T-800) array of iron spikes is going to put up a good fight.  And the thing about good fights is, they're usually close.

Anti-Christ V.Pincer vs. Vetearn Destroyer *
Unless you get a kick out of watching random Havok explosions ruin otherwise potentially good fights, this is one match you can skip.  For some reason, this is by far the most unstable combination of bots I have ever seen.
Vetearn Destroyer wins by Havok forfeit.  While it is arguable which bot is actually responsible for the Havok explosions and normally I would just restart the match without penalizing either bot, this happened literally every single match I did, so I had to blame somebody.  I figure that the bot with more moving parts (Anti-Christ) is most likely to cause Havok explosions like this, and some tests I did back this up (the same thing happens when Anti-Christ fights any rammer, while with Vetearn Destroyer it only happens if it fights Anti-Christ or Triple Play.)  Also, let's face it: there's no way Anti-Christ could beat Vetearn Destroyer normally.  It just doesn't have enough spikes to get through VD's ramming front, and that's not even taking the hammer into account.

Tsunami vs. Bumble Bee ***
At the start of the tournament, no one would think twice about declaring Bumble Bee the winner of this fight.  But after the Bee's startling loss against the black plague, suddenly the bot some are comparing to the infamous Spinner from the west looks a little more threatening.  Is Tsunami slow enough to effectively copy the strategy used by the black plague in round 1?  Or will it just sort of bump into Bumble Bee and make a fool of itself as it dies?
Bumble Bee wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Generic Rammer vs. Big Flip's Revenge ***
What's worse than fighting a powerful popup with a wedgeless rammer?  Answer: Fighting two powerful popups with a wedgeless rammer.  Generic Rammer had better hope for the two Big Flips to get in each other's way like we saw with Urjak's multibots, or else it will quickly find itself surrounded with nowhere to go but up.
Big Flip's Revenge wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Juggernaut Mk. 3 vs. Three Kings ***
Juggernaut doesn't have enough spikes to threaten Three Kings... at least not from the front.  We already saw when Three Kings fought PitA 8 that it has a tendency to twist sideways when it hits something.  If Juggernaut can manage to ram Three Kings' exposed rear, things might turn out differently, but it's going to require a healthy dose of luck to accomplish.
Three Kings wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

The Baby Warrior vs. Heaven's Sawmill ***
You can be sure The Baby Warrior's ram spikes won't come into play here, because Heaven's Sawmill will have to destroy those front plows first in order to expose them, and if that happens The Baby Warrior will be very lucky if it's still in the arena.  So it comes down to a single battle axe versus eight iron spikes on a fast vertical spinner.  Seems like a pretty straightforward victory for the Sawmill... but it will have to get under The Baby Warrior first, which might not be so easy with that long central wedge.
Heaven's Sawmill wins 3-0 with 1 KO and 2 TKO's.

Revenge Of Dr. Wham vs. Chernobyl ***
With its slow drive and unarmored front, Dr. Wham is not the bot most suited to taking on gnarly horizontal spinners.  It does have a very shallow wedge, however, and when you're dealing with popups, sometimes all it takes is one good hit to completely turn the fight around.
Revenge Of Dr. Wham wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Chernobyl gets 1 KO.

Mace in da face vs. Consonant / Vowel ***
A multibot such as Consonant and Vowel normally has little hope of victory against a strong horizontal spinner like Mace in da face.  Mace in da face has a few instability issues during the course of this fight, however, and if Consonant and Vowel can take advantage of that to knock MIDF over the walls, things could change.  Or else MIDF could just end up Mauler dancing on top of their dead bodies.
Mace in da face wins 3-0 with 1 KO and 2 TKO's.

Cardiac Arrest vs. Insult to Injury V ***
There's no question that Cardiac Arrest is the better bot here.  However, as vulnerable as Insult to Injury's chassis is, Cardiac Arrest is going to have a hard time getting a good hit on the wedged front.  And if Insult to Injury can get under Cardiac Arrest, it will only take a few hits to cause major damage.
Insult to Injury V wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Acupuncture vs. Do Geese See God? / I Did Roll, or Did I? ***
Acupuncture has a good chance against either of these bots one-on-one, but while it's concentrating on one member of the team, the other could easily attack its flank and take off some wheels.  It will have to be fast to take them both out before that happens.  6 wheel drive will definitely help there, but will it be enough?
Do Geese See God? / I Did Roll, or Did I? wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Trojan Horse vs. SandStorm **
Neither of these bots has a particularly great wedge, but one of them has to be better than the other.  It just might take some time to find out which one...
Trojan Horse wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

gears your lever vs. Gut Ripper 2 ***
gears your lever can out-weapon Gut Ripper 2, but Gut Ripper has a chance of reaching over GYL's weapons and hitting the vulnerable weapon motors.  This fight will all hinge on how slowly GYL can approach Gut Ripper to prevent that from happening.
Gut Ripper 2 wins 2-1 with 3 KO's; gears your lever gets 1 KO.

Oscillation Overthruster vs. grinnin face ***
While these two bots have quite different designs, they are about evenly matched in terms of weapons, and it will all come down to hitting the extenders holding on the other bot's weapons.
Oscillation Overthruster wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; grinnin face gets 1 KO.

Black Cat Magic vs. Spearhead ****
Black Cat Magic's broad, flat front is a perfect target for ramming, so it's going to have to pick up Spearhead and chew it up pretty fast before it takes too many hits.  Those few hits, though, are pretty impressive.
Spearhead wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Triple Play vs. Vela ***
Vela is designed like a bigger, more powerful version of Triple Play, so, um, yeah... Triple Play is going to have to hope for a win by Havok forfeit.

--ROUND 2--

Vela vs. 45-70 Magnum ****
With three KO's already under his belt, the #1-ranked BBEANS competitor apparently isn't going to be taken down easily.  Neither, however, is rookie spinner Vela.  By the time this close match is over, there's not going to be much left of either bot.  The only thing keeping me from rating this fight 5 stars is how long it takes for all that to happen--without the extensive editing and cropping I did, the full length is over 16 minutes!  (How can 3 2-minute fights add up to 16 minutes?  Lag.)
45-70 Magnum wins 3-0 with 2 TKO's and 1 WBP.

SurgicalStrike vs. Spearhead ***
Rock beats scissors.  Scissors beat paper.  Popups beat rammers.  Usually.  While there ends up being a clear winner in this fight, it is in no way one-sided: there are some intense moments when it looks like the fight could have gone the other way.
SurgicalStrike wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

grinnin face vs. Hellbringer ***
grinnin face might not feel like grinnin much more after a couple of minutes in the box with Hellbringer.  Of course, neither will Hellbringer--grinnin face packs a surprising amount of power in an under-600 kg package.  Frowns all around!
Hellbringer wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Gut Ripper 2 vs. R4 ***
Gut Ripper has already proven itself against Tsunami.  R4 is similar, only about twice as heavy, twice as fast, twice as wedgy, and five times more powerful.  Really, how hard can it be?
R4 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

SandStorm vs. No Hype 5 ***
Philetbabe's efforts to make an exciting bot have paid off: after BrasOuvert in BBEANS4 and Good Bye Blue Sky in RAW, and a disappointing first match against Generic Rammer in BBEANS5, he finally has a fight that cannot be called boring in any sense of the word.  And if it's not boring, that means that at least one of these bots gets thoroughly owned.
No Hype 5 wins 3-0 with 1 KO and 2 TKO's.

Do Geese See God? / I Did Roll, or Did I? vs. Copyright Infringement ***
Normally, multibots are at a disadvantage against horizontal spinners because sneaking around to the back of one does absolutely no good.  But when one of them is an armored popup, the pair just might have a chance, especially since I Did Roll finally seems to get its priorities straight and isn't so much of a hindrance as it was against Juggernaut Mk. 3.  But you can bet a former champion isn't going to go down without a fight...
Copyright Infringement wins 2-1 with 3 KO's and 2 TKO's; DGSG? / IDRODI gets 1 TKO.

Insult to Injury V vs. Bounty Hunter ***
Ummmmm... maybe Insult to Injury V can sneak around to the side of Bounty Hunter?  It's happened before.
Bounty Hunter wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Consonant / Vowel vs. Cocytus IV ****
Once again, Consonant and Vowel act in such a way that Cocytus IV is able to engage them both individually, greatly reducing their effectiveness as a multibot.  However, if this is how tough they are with such reduced effectiveness, I would hate to see them working at 100% efficiency.  No, scratch that.  I would love to see it, because this is a truly awesome fight with a good "WOW!" moment every round.  You can almost forget that Vowel is a middleweight.  Almost...
Cocytus IV wins 2-1 with 3 KO's and 2 TKO's; Consonant / Vowel get 1 KO.

Chernobyl vs. Seism 13 ****
Seism 13 was able to dismember Mace in da face with the ease of a samurai warrior slicing up a bamboo stalk, but Chernobyl's more spread-out design might prove more resilient to the catastrophic game-changing hits Seism was dishing out in round 1.  Either way, you can be sure this is going to be one heck of a violent battle.

The Emancipator vs. Heaven's Sawmill ***
Considering that the two most powerful vertical spinners in the tournament are both in the arena at the same time, I was expecting a lot more flying around in this fight than what actually happened.  Although disappointingly short, the fight is still worth watching for what airtime there is.
The Emancipator wins 2-1 with 2 TKO's; Heaven's Sawmill gets 1 TKO.

Three Kings vs. PitA 8 ***
Three Kings doesn't pose much of a threat to the bulk of PitA, but if it can keep its weapons facing forward, it has a chance of breaking PitA's weapons as they fire.  That's a big 'IF' there, because that rear end of Three Kings makes a tempting target for popups...
PitA 8 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Big Flip's Revenge vs. Absolute Chaos ****
Absolute Chaos may be the original 36-mace horizontal spinner and have an appropriately terrifying reputation, but when you get right down to it, it's still a regular 36-mace horizontal spinner, and it still has the weakness that all horizontal spinners share: the bottom.  Let's put it this way: this fight is nowhere near as one-sided as you all thought it would be.  Whoever wins this fight does so by only the slimmest of margins.
Absolute Chaos wins 2-1 with 4 KO's; Big Flip's Revenge gets 1 TKO.

the black plague vs. Bumble Bee **
No bot can win a war of attrition with Bumble Bee, and the black plague can't hit the Bee's top or bottom and it's nowhere near fast enough to push it over the wall, so the black plague is going to have to rely on the arena hazards if it wants to have a chance at winning.  In that case, the black plague's speed (or lack thereof) might actually prove to be an advantage, as it takes so long for the bots to hit each other that by the time any real damage starts being dealt, the hazards are already activated.  A slow and uneventful, but very interesting fight.
the black plague wins 2-1 with 1 TKO and 1 WBP; Bumble Bee gets 1 WBP.  Yes you read that correctly; it's not a typo, Bumble Bee actually lost.

Vetearn Destroyer vs. Shadow Tyrant ***
Vetearn Destroyer's ramming spikes aren't going to do much against Shadow Tyrant's heavily armored front (what looks like two ram plates is actually six overlapping), so it all comes down to VD's hammer to do all the necessary damage.  Too bad for Flying_Chao he didn't invest the extra 8 kgs to use a DDT instead of a Snapper 2.
Shadow Tyrant wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Crawl Through Knives v4.2 vs. Stratocaster ***
Anyone who's built a rammer before, and has Starcore 3, and has fought Neglected Waterbug with it, knows how basically impossible it is to beat.  Crawl Through Knives, however, while similar in design, is not NWB, and it's not impossible for Stratocaster to beat it.  It will be a long and difficult struggle before a winner is decided, with plenty of flipper and blade action thrown in for flavor.
Crawl Through Knives v4.2 wins 3-0 with 1 TKO and 2 WBP's.

Mjorhmei vs. Death Dealer ***
I'm beginning to wonder if sledgehammers might be a more useful weapon than their stats alone suggest.  Death Dealer isn't going to have nearly as easy of a time getting through Mjorhmei as we all thought.
Death Dealer wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Mjorhmei gets 1 TKO.

--Loser's Bracket--

Blood Shed vs. Dark July **
Dark July is a ponderous, heavily armored tank, while Blood Shed has speed and pushing power on its side.  It will be interesting to see whether those attributes are enough to get Blood Shed around Dark July's wall of spikes--because it's obvious that any head-on attack is doomed to failure.
Dark July wins 3-0 with 1 KO and 2 WBP's.

The Fang Brothers vs. Anti-Christ V.Pincer ***
Once again, the Fang Brothers must face the bane of multibots: a horizontal spinner.  Their chance of getting through all those tribars is slim, but Anti-Christ's back is somewhat more vulnerable than anywhere else...
Anti-Christ V.Pincer wins 3-0 with 6 KO's.

Shock Therapy vs. Generic Rammer **
Shock Therapy may be severely out-weaponed by Generic Rammer, but it has one thing going for it: it's going to take a heck of a long time for anything to bash through all those layers of snow plows.  Hopefully for Shock Therapy, it will be long enough for the hazards to activate.
Generic Rammer wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

'Eavy Metal Boi vs. Mace in da face ***
'Eavy Metal Boi has the worst of luck, being pitted against two 36-mace spinners in a row.  Its previous fight against Chernobyl didn't go so well, so it's pretty much going to take a miracle to get past Mace in da face.
Mace in da face wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Red Radar vs. Acupuncture ***
Red Radar's wedged front and vertical spinning weapons may be able to deflect most of Acupuncture's attacks, but it's going to take more than just avoiding damage to beat Acupuncture, or Acupuncture will simply whittle away Red Radar's weapons.  And once Red Radar becomes unbalanced enough to let Acupuncture under it, you can expect the fight to change dramatically.
Acupuncture wins 3-0 with 2 KO's and 1 WBP.

--ROUND 1--

Blood Shed vs. Vela ****
There's a lot of action in this fight.  While it will take a long time for any bot to get past the other's multitude of weapons, there is never a dull moment during that time.
Vela wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Blood Shed gets 1 TKO.

45-70 Magnum vs. Dark July **
If 45-70 Magnum can't get under and pick up Dark July, it will crash against those 54 iron spikes like a wave against a rocky shore, leaving Dark July free to slowly whittle it down and probably win 3-0 by points.  Unless 45-70 Magnum has another trick up its metaphorical sleeve...
45-70 Magnum wins 3-0 with 2 KO's and 1 TKO.  It's hard to see in the video, but the reason Dark July keeps twisting to one side when 45-70 hits it is because 45-70's wedges are lifting one of Dark July's wheels off the ground, so when it tries to back up for a ram it turns instead.

T-800 Terminator vs. SurgicalStrike ****
Powerful, armored HS against a completely unarmored popup.  The winner is obvious... or so you would think.  T-800 might have to work a little harder than it thought to win this.  Don't miss the final hit of the third round: if you're not watching closely, you won't even notice who actually won that fight.  I actually thought the other bot won until I was editing the video in Windows Movie Maker and saw the hit again!  That third round is without a doubt the closest BBEANS fight ever.
SurgicalStrike wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; T-800 Terminator gets 1 KO.

The Fang Brothers vs. grinnin face ***
Too bad there's no such thing as a "Win By Style", because The Fang Brothers make up in style what they lack in other combat aspects.  The "Fang Sandwich" combo move in the third round alone would be enough to earn them the win in my book.  But alas, The Fang Brothers will have to defeat grinnin face through more conventional means if they want to advance in the bracket.  And with weapons long and low enough to sneak under grinnin face's weapons, the fight is closer than you may have thought.
grinnin face wins 3-0 with 6 KO's.

Anti-Christ V.Pincer vs. Hellbringer ***
With 18 and 16 iron spikes respectively, these bots are about as evenly matched as you can get, and the winner all comes down to design and a certain amount of luck.  An otherwise boring third round is saved by some late arena flipper action: don't stop the video too soon!
Hellbringer wins 2-1 with 1 KO and 1 TKO; Anti-Christ V.Pincer gets 1 WBP.

Gut Ripper 2 vs. Tsunami ***
Gut Ripper's weapons spin in an interesting way.  Instead of the outer tribars spinning the same direction as the center tribar like most Borg Queen-style bots, the outer tribars spin in the opposite direction from the center.  My first thought upon seeing this was, "Well that's pointless.  The two counter-rotating spinners will just cancel each other out and the thing will do hardly any damage."  Let's see if Gut Ripper's unintuitive weapon setup is enough to give Tsunami the win here, or if JoeCB1991 knows something the rest of us don't.
Gut Ripper 2 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

SandStorm vs. Shock Therapy *
There's some pretty awesome flipper action near the end of the first round that's worth seeing, but it doesn't quite make up for the excruciatingly boring other four minutes.  When one bot can't get under the other, and the other bot's weapon is too short to hit anything, it's a recipe for... well, nothing.
SandStorm wins 2-1 with 1 KO and 1 TKO; Shock Therapy gets 1 WBP.

No Hype 5 vs. Generic Rammer **
"No Hype" is right.  There's not a lot to get excited about in this fight.  The first round is entertaining enough and you can tell it could have gone either way, but the fights only get less interesting after that, until by the third round there's pretty much nothing going on.  But at least it's not as bad as some of BrasOuvert's fights in BBEANS4.
No Hype 5 wins 2-1 with 2 KO's; Generic Rammer gets 1 WBP.

Do Geese See God? / I Did Roll, or Did I? vs. Juggernaut Mk.3 ***
I Did Roll does more harm than help in this fight, and Do Geese is basically left on its own to pick up the slack.  Taking down a full 800-kg rammer with a MW popup can be done, but doing it with an unreliable, uncooperative teammate constantly getting in your way?  Do Geese See God is going to have its metaphorical hands full.
(If you're wondering why Juggernaut's driving is so terrible in round 3, it's because it's in reverse mode.  Getting the AI to drive backwards even semi-reliably was REALLY HARD and Sol Vector should be glad the bot even faces in the right direction when its front weapons break.)
Do Geese See God? / I Did Roll, or Did I? wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Insult to Injury V vs. The Baby Warrior ***
No one would predict either of these bots to make it very far in the tournament, but when pitched against evenly matched opponents as in this fight, they put on a surprisingly good show.  The fights are fast, never boring, and probably could have gone either way.
Insult to Injury V wins 3-0 with 1 KO and 2 TKO's.

Revenge Of Dr. Wham vs. Consonant / Vowel ***
One questions the wisdom of a multibot when their designs all but necessitate facing the opponent one at a time instead of as a group.  Dr. Wham can easily handle Consonant as it charges ahead, leaving Vowel to fight on its own, which is a tougher nut to crack for a slow, unarmored popup, but still would have been more effective with Consonant around to back it up.
Consonant / Vowel wins 3-0 with 3 KO's; Revenge Of Dr. Wham gets 3 KO's.

Chernobyl vs. 'Eavy Metal Boi ****
There's destruction aplenty in this fight, although the vast majority of said destruction is piled on one bot.  It's more exciting in the way that Son of Whyachi vs. Hexadecimator was exciting, rather than a hypothetical Son of Whyachi vs. Sewer Snake.
Chernobyl wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Seism 13 vs. Mace in da face ****
With its adjustable-width wedges, Seism 13 is primarily designed to take on other wedges.  Mace in da face, however, is not a wedge.  Those five ram plates will protect Seism from Mace in da face's weapons for a decent amount of time, but Seism 13 is going to have to do a lot of damage in a short amount of time if it hopes to survive.  This fight is a fairly close one.
Seism 13 wins 3-0 with 2 KO's and 1 TKO.

The Emancipator vs. Cardiac Arrest ****
As long as The Emancipator remains stable, it can punt Cardiac Arrest across the arena like an 800-kg football, and potentially over the walls.  Cardiac Arrest just has to endure this punishment long enough for The Emancipator to start losing its weapons and becoming unstable, at which point Cardiac Arrest will be able to start doing what it's supposed to do: ram away.  Enduring those first several seconds might prove to be a tricky business, however...
The Emancipator wins 2-1 with 1 KO and 1 TKO; Cardiac Arrest gets 1 KO.

Three Kings vs. Red Radar ***
Neither of these bots can deliver any spectacular hits, but there's a little bit of good back-and-forth action that keeps you wondering who's going to win, and plenty of parts breaking off.
Three Kings wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

PitA 8 vs. Acupuncture ***
Looking at the two bots, you might think that Acupuncture, although a well-built rammer, has no chance of winning against a popup with a caster-armored front.  It's going to need either luck or strategy to dethrone the current BBEANS champion.
PitA 8 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Big Flip's Revenge vs. Trojan Horse ***
Trojan Horse is exactly the type of bot that clusters are best at taking down.  The Horse will have to be quick on its wheels to keep one of the Big Flips from sneaking up behind it while it attacks the other one.  Fortunately for Trojan Horse, it IS quite quick--if anything is going to cause its downfall, it will be that less-than-perfect wedge.
Big Flip's Revenge wins 3-0 with 3 KO's; Trojan Horse gets 1 TKO.

gears your lever vs. the black plague **
There's no lack of damage being dealt in this fight, but it happens very sloooooowwwwllllyyyyyyy.  Like digging a deep hole with shovels instead of an excavator.  Only the editing and cropping I did makes it bearable to watch the whole thing.
the black plague wins 3-0 with 4 KO's.

Vetearn Destroyer vs. Oscillation Overthruster ***
This is one of the laggier fights I've seen.  It's so bad that the sound cuts out at the end of round 1.  But despite this hindrance, the bots can still move around enough to deal some good damage, and one of them is going to take the lion's share of it.
Vetearn Destroyer wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Crawl Through Knives v4.2 vs. Black Cat Magic ***
Black Cat Magic is slow, but so is Crawl Through Knives, and if CTK can't force its opponent up its wedge, those weapons up there will do absolutely no good.  However, despite both bots being slow, this fight is anything but.
Crawl Through Knives v4.2 wins 3-0 with 3 KO's.

Triple Play vs. Mjorhmei ***
Sledgehammers may be grossly inefficient weapons for how heavy they are, but there's something to be said for how much kinetic energy you can throw around with them.  Basically all Triple Play needs to do for a win is hit one of Mjorhmei's hammers enough times so it breaks and the bot becomes unstable, but before that can happen, you can bet the underweight Triple Play is going to be doing some serious acrobatics.
Mjorhmei wins 3-0 with 1 KO and 2 TKO's.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 07:59:03 PM by Clickbeetle »

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline ianh05

• Rep: 4
  • Stock AW Builder and Tourney Host!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »
here are my picks for round 1:

Vela
45-70 magnum
T-800 Terminator
Grinnin face
Anti-christ V.Pincer
Gut ripper 2
SandStorm
No Hype 5
DGSG/IDRODI
(yawn) the baby warrior!
C/V
Chernobyl
Mace in da face
The Emancipator
Three kings
PitA 8
Big flips revenge
the black plague
vetearn destroyer
Crawl through knives
Triple play
Check out my UI Improvements topic for stuff like longer team/bot import lists:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13324.0
How to make awesome splashes with paint:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13310.0
My showcase filled with antweights:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=1595.0
How to AI: For newbies (with pics!):
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13814.0
Best tournament results:
Tag Team Challenge and CombatAnts 3: runner-up
Around the World: 3rd place.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:43:26 PM »
yeah I think your going to beat me lol :-D

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »
Vela
45-70 Magnum
T800 Terminator
GrinninFace
AntiChrist V.Pincer
Gur Ripper
Sandstorm
No Hype 5
Urjak's MultiBots
The Baby Warrior
C/V
Chernobyl
Seism 13
Emancipator
Three Kings
PitA8
Trojan Horse
The Black Plague
Vetearn Destroyer
Crawl Through Knives V4.2
Triple Play
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline R1885

• Rep: 3
  • Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »
Oh damn.

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
Uh-oh. x_x
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
YAY. thats two free rounds for me.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline H@zm47

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 08:42:24 PM »
I'm liking my chances in this round cos my opponent lacks a wedge...
But If I do win I face Heaven's Sawmill in the next round
Achievements:
BBEANS 6: What Shell Spinner? (2-1 - 3 KOs and 4 WBPs)
RAW 2: Smoke and Mirrors (1-0:2 KOs and 1 TKO)
Clash Cubes 3: Shortsighted Surgeon ][ (Finished 15th)
UK vs USA: The Matador (USA) (Eliminated Round 1)

Offline pyscolone

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 08:51:33 PM »
Vela
45-70 Magnum
Surgical Strike
grinnin face
Anti-Christ V. Pincer
Gut Ripper 2
SandStorm
No Hype 5
Do Geese/I Did Roll
Injury To Assault V
Revenge of Dr. Wham
Chernobyl
Seism 13
The Emancipator**
Red Radar
PitA 8
Big Flips Revenge
the black plague
Vetearn Destroyer
Crawl Though Knives
Mjorhmei
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 09:12:06 PM by pyscolone »

Offline ianh05

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »
@ pys: Heavens Sawmill doesn't have a match :/
Best tournament results:

Offline Wings

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »
I warn you: some of you aren't going to like your opponents. Somebody has to fight Naryar in the first round, after all.

Yeah, it ended up as me.

Well, hopefully I'll do better in the loser's bracket because I'll be flying there.

Offline JoeCB1991

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:08:25 PM »
I might actually win a fight this time? Woo-Hoo!!!

Offline Urjak

• Rep: 6
  • Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 11:33:25 PM »
I might actually win a round.....
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 01:07:59 AM »
Hopefully i don't have to fight Somebody's masterpiece of originality in the first round...

2 wins for me in the winner's bracket, then i'll get raped by AC.

Predictions:

Vela (These pole spikes are technically a good idea, but they don't protect much the extenders especially after some of them fall)
45-70 Magnum (gut-ripper VS rammer... ACAMS might lose all his razors on Dark July's irons, though)
T-800 Terminator (1 doubt about Ribbs getting under Starcore that easily, and with no defense, he'll get KOed quickly IMO)
grinnin face (The HS is poor and ugly as heck, but the poker multibot is the worst multibot i've ever seen)
Antichrist (Sheer number of weapons gives the victory)
Gut Ripper 2 (obviously)
SandStorm (More weapon hitpoints. Ian's my favorite but Shock Therapy COULD win)
No Hype 5 (Probably going to toss his opponent OOTA. Might be the most entertaining match of all the round)
Urjak's Multibot (The popup will help against a crappy rammer with high ground clearance)
The Baby Warrior (SFTW fight, but TBW has a wedge. Yawnfest alert)
Consonant/Vowel (because Wham's bot is too slow for getting efficiencly under S32's SnS)
Chernobyl (obviously a one-sided fight)
Mace in da face (Seism 13 hasn't enough weapons to do this)
Cardiac Arrest (We know what fast rammers can do against vertical spinners with weak weapons)
Three Kings (just because the other sucks at offense)
PitA 8 (if a decent popup can't win against a rammer...)
Big Flip's Revenge (multibot popup= kickass, just not on a HS)
the black plague (Because of the sheer number of weapons)
Vetearn Destroyer (exactly the same)
Crawl thorugh Knives (seeing how the "veteran"'s bot is horrible, has no wedges and stuff)
Triple Play (HS against VS. The VS isn't fast//powerful enough to throw Triple Play OOTA)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:35:00 AM by Naryar »

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 01:37:26 AM »
Predictions!

Bloodshed (Out-weapons and outmanouvers sluggish HS)

45-70 Magnum (Might WBP. Dark July has lots of irons)

T-800 Terminator (SS dosen't have the power to kill T-800 fast enough)

grinnin face (If the Fang bros are low enough they might actually have a chance...)

Anti-Christ (By a narrow margin. It will be very close)

Gut-Ripper 2 (No comment needed)

SandStorm (Shock Therapy's spinners are waaaaaay too high to do anything)

No Hype 5 (Arena will help it alot)

DGSG/IDRODI (Out-weaponing a HW... ouch)

The Baby Warrior (Only because it has a wedge)

Revenge of DR Wham (Will pick off each multibot one at a time)

Chernobyl (Just better that it's opponent)

Seism 13 (We may just learn why we don't put tribars on the bottom)

Cardiac Arrest (Chances of it going OOTA before the VS loses a weapon: slim)

Three Kings (I just can't see Red Radar winning)

PitA 8 (Caster armour will protect it well against the rammer)

Big Flip's Revenge (While one gets pounded, the other will attack an exposed side)

The Black Plague (Just more weapons)

Vetearn Destroyer (A HS killer facing a HS)

Crawl Through Knives 4.2 (BCM has no wedges, and CTK looks good)

Triple Play (It should lose, but I can see one hammer breaking and basically killing the other bot)

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 03:30:00 AM »
I know my tribars are to high but maybe one of my bazillion plows will get someone into the BBEANS Blade :-D

Offline ianh05

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 03:33:34 AM »
lol maybe your robot can bump mine onto its back or something.. knowing my luck, who knows what could happen! :)
Best tournament results:

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 03:38:02 AM »
I think my match there is a coin toss. I haven't fought any Starcore bots to have a chance in wedge vs. wedge 'fights' (usually I fail in them) but hopefully Trojan will be distracted on the one BFR, while the other takes it from the side.

Though the AI could fail me.

Also, somehow I forgot this match was being done in the BBEANS tourney arena..

Offline somestrangeguy

• Rep: 2
  • If you can read this, your monitor is turned on.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 07:33:49 AM »
Im not good at predicting so im not going to do so.

Im not sure if im going to like either of my first matchups, because mine hates popups and T800 is very well built. So who ever of them wins, im not having good chances...

Offline System32

• Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 09:46:09 AM »
Don't count on Grinnin face, boys. that thing is still on my pal's team file, and it's got a higher reach that the world's tallest man!
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.