Author Topic: Annihilation Nation - SBV and Awards (COMPLETED)  (Read 28758 times)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Annihilation Nation - SBV and Awards
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2017, 08:01:32 AM »
yeah didn't make my post lighthearted/just a joke enough. sorry man, your logic is fair enough.

No worries, I was a bit vague myself by saying it was just a red 259! It was certainly very good and did some damage. :smile:
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2017, 08:30:55 AM »
Crash is the worst because it cannot beat any other bot here 1 on 1, even sneaky poke  :mrgreen:

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2017, 09:06:35 AM »
Crash is the worst because it cannot beat any other bot here 1 on 1, even sneaky poke  :mrgreen:
If you could record Crash beating Sneaky Poke, I might pay you if you do so.

Worst Robot: Hell Spawn 1.2 (I'm honestly surprised this hasn't got a vote considering its no-win record. Its a shame, too, considering it could have done better had there been some tweaks.)
Finally someone agree to my embarrassment in bot building! Yet, I little surprised why no one actually thought about voting this bot for worst robot. It could just be because Hell Spawn 1.2 just happens to be that one bot that constantly slips under the radar, because of other Robots looking a lot worst than Hell Spawn like Red Claw or Skellachopper.

It's because Hell Spawn isn't total sh**. It's got a terrible record, but at least it looks decent, whereas compared to all other voted or considered robots:
  • The Sneaky Poke: Great banter, but... yeah. I'd kinda like to see something serious from Adam, because when you produce the PM's pulverizor, you do have some standards and expectations to live up to.
  • Tankslapper: Good replica but **** me this is a boring robot, it's literally a wedge with an ocasional flail. We've the Pay Tribute with Replicas thread for a reason Kurt.
  • Serenity in Murder: It's a box with a disc. Yawn.
  • Red Claw: Meh. Just not all that good. Bland and rushed.
  • Crash: 09 cmon this isn't the worst robot, but Crash in my opinion wasn't that funny tbh.
  • Hornbob: This robot is damn good, what are you smoking Orc?
  • Skellachopper: I kinda like it honestly but 3 maces and a somewhat bland design makes it possible to see why it got voted.

To quote Demon from the Discord chat: "Performance, looks, whatever you want to judge on" Hornbob did well but like I said, in my opinion it's just a red 259. No offense meant. I've never heard of Tankslapper before which is why I didn't vote it for the same reason. :P

Say anything you want, Everyone's votes are only opinions at the end of the day like saying the Sneaky Pole is the worst robot over any other robot.  Why I said that Hell Spawn was ****, is because of it's performances in it's battles; the extenders get ripped off, not being to flip a bot over due to being unable to get under bots and being unable to self-right when needed. When all these factors make it bad to the so-so line. To me this makes this the worst in performance but never in looks, due to how some Robots looking worst like Red Claw despite the poor skinning of Hell Spawn. So I just interpretive the Worst Bot Award just for looks but not performance alone like many other users like Botomatic and jdg37 would might of thought the same. So just say what you want about this, it's only an opinion in the end.   

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »
yeah didn't make my post lighthearted/just a joke enough. sorry man, your logic is fair enough.

No worries, I was a bit vague myself by saying it was just a red 259! It was certainly very good and did some damage. :smile:

I mean, you weren't wrong.  Me building IRL is basically me taking a real bot and making a kinda low-quality replica of it.

Offline doot

« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »
Voting is now officially closed! Any further votes from this point onward will not be counted!

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »
i vote for Hornbob Fury for everything

Offline doot

Re: Annihilation Nation - SBV and Awards (OFFICIALLY FINISHED)
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »
The results from the voting is in! Here are the winners of all of the awards! In order:

Best Robot:

Worst Robot:

Coolest Robot:

Unluckiest Robot:

Luckiest Robot:

Most Destructive Robot:

Least Realistic Robot:

Funniest Robot:

Most Boring Robot:

Best Battle:

And with the awards closing, Annihilation Nation comes to its end.

Its been a helluva ride here, and I personally thank all of you for either participating, watching, or just simply looking for a few seconds. Its been fun, and I hope to see you all in my next tournament, whenever that may be. Till next time!

--Demon Of Tomorrow

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Alright, closing thoughts: iKa, please put some armor panels or something on your robots to make them look realistic. I want to like your stuff but so unrealistic (blood orange from sword of glory, anyone?). Demon, great bloody tournament. Jamie, well done on getting 4th. JDG: tortuga is good. Kurt: neat robots but what the **** was the XL swords configuration on dominotrix. AHOG: funny as ever but send 1 actual bot along with the memes please.

Raus will return. Prepare yourselves.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Jammy Dodger

• The welsh idiot you probably dislike
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2017, 02:32:46 PM »
never thought mcthwacky thwack thwack would get 4th in this and get an award thanks to all that competed :D

Offline jdg37

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • I got kids
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »
Thanks to this tournament, I made turtles. I haven't stopped since. Thanks for that doot

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »
What a nice end to another tournament. Congratulations DOT and congratulations on anyone who won an award in as least something.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Annihilation Nation - SBV and Awards (COMPLETED)
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2017, 04:12:28 PM »
Congratulations to everyone! It was a fantastic tournament and it has inspired me to learn DSL more and enter a tournament soon!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Annihilation Nation - SBV and Awards (COMPLETED)
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
Congratulations on a successful tournament!  Your host point will be added shortly.