Author Topic: R.A.I.T. Stock Tournaments  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
R.A.I.T. Stock Tournaments
« on: November 06, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »
Introducing the R.A.I.T. Stock Tournament Series.
These are competitions held just for fun, and They're for stock bots.

Here are the rules for ALL the tournaments...

> stock bots only

> All bots must be built entirely in the bot lab. Bot file editing and cheating is not allowed.

> No cheating components- all bots must consist of components found already in the bot lab- EXEPTION- Snapper IIs, bear claws, samurai swords, EMERGENCY flippers, and mud runner tires are allowed if you don't already have those in your game. You can find them in the components file of RA2 v1.4.

> Flaming of any type will get you disqualified.

> ANY one can participate in these tournaments

> You'e only allowed to use EEFE, trinity, chicken, snapper loading, and stacking glitches. No other glitches are allowed.

> Your bot must be able to be controlled. In other words, your bot must consist of forward, left, and right capabilities. Glitches and "mindless bots" are not allowed.

> HAVE FUN!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:58:26 AM by Redalert »

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
Re: R.A.I.T. Stock Team Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 01:16:51 PM »

R.A.I.T. Tournament Series Logo.bmp

First up- The first R.A.I.T. LW competition. All the rules in order to participate are listed below.

> Your bot must be a Lightweight, and come ready to be AIed. In other words, You'll need to post the corresponding binding for your bot. I will be fighting these bots as AI.

>  Once your bot is built, post a screenshot of it in this topic, along with a zipped folder containing...
- the LW bot
- the binding
- any notes about the bot such as performance and conditions the bot needs.

I will post whether the bots are approved or not.

> minimum of 16 competitors, maximum of 48 competitors.

Please try to test your bot in the AI pack you have currently on your computer. The more bots I receive that work, the more time I have to fight them.

Tournament will take place once 16 competitors are in or after a designated amount of time.

All competitors' bots get a free pass into my next AI pack, and the winner will be in one of my teams in my next Redalert AI pack.

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: R.A.I.T. Stock Tournaments
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 01:57:38 PM »
 [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
> Your bot must be a Lightweight, and come ready to be AIed. In other words, You'll need to post the corresponding binding for your bot. I will be fighting these bots as AI.

>  Once your bot is built, post a screenshot of it in this topic, along with a zipped folder containing...
- the LW bot
- the binding
- any notes about the bot such as performance and conditions the bot needs.
It'll probably be best if you just AI bots that don't have any bindings yourself, instead of demanding that all users should AI them themselves, just because you want more time to fight them. There's going to be entries from users who don't even know how to AI, and you can't just tell them to learn it themselves. Just say that you'll be happy to AI any entries but it would help if you AIed your entrant yourself. This is part of being a tournament host.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 02:44:06 PM »
Okay, first this should be in tournament discussions, and not in personal tournament section. Second, it will be a tough time to gather 16 enteries because stock unrealistic. third i am sure people will test bots against better ai bots like in starcore ai pack 4th, if you know how to ai, then why are you DEMANDING ai lines, instead of making it optional?

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »
Okay, first this should be in tournament discussions, and not in personal tournament section. Second, it will be a tough time to gather 16 enteries because stock unrealistic. third i am sure people will test bots against better ai bots like in starcore ai pack 4th, if you know how to ai, then why are you DEMANDING ai lines, instead of making it optional?

first- the less AIing I have to do, the more fighting I can do.
second- are you saying stock is not popular anymore?

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 08:42:01 AM »

first- the less AIing I have to do, the more fighting I can do.
second- are you saying stock is not popular anymore?
1st: Pretty sure that even if you AI bots yourself, you can have lots of fights, unless if you don't have much time.
2nd: You think all those showcases in Stock mean people like it. Well, GTM is now in the DSL-IRL era, sorry. Most of the stock users have either left, and the few that do stock are not in much spotlight as most tourneys and players are DSL-IRL nowadays. Plus, I think those stock users also play Standard (either DSL-S or IF-S). Then there's few stock users who like both IRL and Stock, like RedAce for example

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 09:15:50 AM »
I didn't know about that, thanks. I know there are some new players with stock skills out there and I just wanted to try this out.

By the way, the only way I mange to AI bots is by using pre-existing bindings. Also, whenever I attempt to adjust the forward-heading in the binding, my game just crashes.

I'll see how many competitors end up in this tournament.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 02:41:07 AM »
I didn't know about that, thanks. I know there are some new players with stock skills out there and I just wanted to try this out.

By the way, the only way I mange to AI bots is by using pre-existing bindings. Also, whenever I attempt to adjust the forward-heading in the binding, my game just crashes.

Use space instead of tab if you are dealing with the problem i think you are

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 01:28:36 PM »

Use space instead of tab if you are dealing with the problem i think you are

Sounds good. Okay, just post the bots, then. No bindings.

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 03:27:47 PM »
Create a thread with a poll in the tournament discussion to determine how many people are interested and if you can get enough entrants to start. Then you can go from there into signups.
You think all those showcases in Stock mean people like it. Well, GTM is now in the DSL-IRL era, sorry. Most of the stock users have either left, and the few that do stock are not in much spotlight as most tourneys and players are DSL-IRL nowadays.
Just because the majority of people play DSL doesn't mean that someone can't host a stock tournament and you don't have to "do stock" to enter one either.
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 10:27:15 PM »
How many times do we have to go over this meta crap? If a host won't use a style you want them to use, suck it up.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »
hey let the kid do what he wants to k thanks

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 05:58:05 PM »
How many times do we have to go over this meta crap? If a host won't use a style you want them to use, suck it up.
Create a thread with a poll in the tournament discussion to determine how many people are interested and if you can get enough entrants to start. Then you can go from there into signups.
You think all those showcases in Stock mean people like it. Well, GTM is now in the DSL-IRL era, sorry. Most of the stock users have either left, and the few that do stock are not in much spotlight as most tourneys and players are DSL-IRL nowadays.
Just because the majority of people play DSL doesn't mean that someone can't host a stock tournament and you don't have to "do stock" to enter one either.
I don't mean DSL-IRL should replace every meta in RA2. I may not prefer Stock Unrealistic, DSL-S, or IF-S, but I still have to do them anyway as I like entering tourneys. I'm just responding to Redalert's question on why Stock isn't popular and I answered it's because GTM is now primarily DSL-IRL as why. I don't say that it means everyone must follow IRL because Stock isn't popular anymore.

Anyway, I'm going to end it here to not further clog this with more drama

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »

I'm not a kid. I'm a young adult.

Also, I think this closes this tournament. It's a fail.

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »

I'm not a kid. I'm a young adult.

Also, I think this closes this tournament. It's a fail.
young lad
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020