How to greenscreen your bot screenshots for a prettier showcase

(1/3) > >>

Badger:
Tools you need:
Paint.net [Download]
Grim colour reaper plugin [Download]
Backdrop component [Included in DSL2.2]

Thyrus:
it's a nice and helpfull tutorial but I feel it's way easier and faster with gimp and that tool over there

Badger:
I don't have much experience w/ gimp but it looks like you're using the magic want tool there. That works but it's not perfect, I've found that it's prone to leaving artifacts on edges, and it completely flops on semi-transparent objects like polycarb panels or flames from a flamethrower etc. The method used in the video deals with those situations a lot better.

Thyrus:
It's not the magic want tool but the one next to it. it selects one color and pics every pixel with exactly that color which is really helpfull as the backdrop is just one color and it's very unlikely your bot has exactly that shade of blue (in this case). I used to use the magic wand and I had the problem you just said but then I discovered that tool

Edit: at the case of polyparts it leaves them as they are in a different shade of blue. all you have to do is change the chroma (if that's the right word.. had to look it up)

Badger:
Sure, it's the magic want tool applied globally right? It still has the issues I mentioned, although it is a bit quicker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version